Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Another shocking leg break (not for the squemish)

Read 3243 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Another shocking leg break (not for the squemish)
      Reply #23: Apr 27, 2011 04:41:46 pm
      I watched my friend blow out his knee. He was actually laughing at himself until he looked down at his knee, and he freaked. You're right, you should never look.
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2011 05:12:57 pm
      i havent watched the video yet...not sure if i will either ;D

but when i played rugby a few years ago, i went over to a mate who was on the floor after the play had moved away from where he was. i went over to see if he was ok and he said he had hurt his leg.... i looked down at it and could see the bone sticking out at a funny angle. so started calling out for help to the touch line from the opposite side of the pitch while having to hold him down as he was trying to stand up, and after what seemed like an eternity someone came over to help.

one physio lady actually asked him while he was on the floor..."does your leg usually have that bit poking out?" haha unreal!!

anyway the point im trying to make is that when i saw his leg there next to me, i honestly thought it might effect me more than it does when i see it on tv!! but it didnt....maybe it was adrenaline or something?
      i hate seeing it on tv!! hence why i dont know if i will watch the clip ;D
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2011 06:22:24 pm
      anyway the point im trying to make is that when i saw his leg there next to me, i honestly thought it might effect me more than it does when i see it on tv!! but it didnt....maybe it was adrenaline or something?
      i hate seeing it on tv!! hence why i dont know if i will watch the clip ;D

yeah thats crazy it didnt freak you out more in person... on the first clip, before it got taken down by youtube, you could see the first teammate to get to Zakuani's side started freakin out, put his hands on his head and just a look of pure terror on his face

I done me leg when playing in college with Stuart Holden, I refused to look at it my self. Remember hearing the crack, remember hearing teammates scream, cry and I just laid there looking up at the sky.

Haven't been able to play competitive football since.

Makes me sick seeing things like this. Absolutely F***ing horrific. Wish the lad well and a speedy recovery.

that really sucks man, goes without saying but injuries are really shitty. I think you made a good choice by not looking at your leg tho. Stu himself just had that terrible injury, which bummed me out cuz hes the man and he was playing so well for Bolton- saw on a bolton fan site many were thinking of voting for him as their player of theyear
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2011 06:40:43 pm
      yeah thats crazy it didnt freak you out more in person... on the first clip, before it got taken down by youtube, you could see the first teammate to get to Zakuani's side started freakin out, put his hands on his head and just a look of pure terror on his face

it was strange... i guess i had his care in mind rather than how gross it looked? ;D

the annoying thing was that when other players came over to see how he was, a couple of them said "i heard it snap" and i just thought well why the F**k did u just leave him there then?
      i think hearing the snap might have freaked me out though if i had heard it.
      btw...1hr 40mins after my post further up and i still havent watched the clip ;D

Quick Reply