Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season

Read 31449 times
      plyred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • It's bigger on the inside
      Re: Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season
      Reply #276: Oct 17, 2011 11:31:42 am
      I hope we can qualify for the UCL. The league title isn't our business yet, but we must be fighting for it in two years at least.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #277: Oct 17, 2011 12:10:58 pm
      Feel we must make more of our chances, if we are to qualify for Europe in either competition. Otherwise will miss the boat again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #278: Oct 17, 2011 12:27:02 pm
      The league title isn't our business yet

The league title is always our business until the maths says otherwise.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
      plyred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • It's bigger on the inside
      Reply #279: Oct 17, 2011 12:41:30 pm

Welcome to the forum by the way!
      Thanks!

I mean, we come from an important reorganization of the team, both in the sporting part and the boarding part. The league title is always the objective for us, but I think this season is like a test for the players to understand each others. The first step is returning to the Champions League. And it must be now.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #280: Oct 17, 2011 12:50:05 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Right on & champions league is a must for next season.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,129 posts | 3375 
      Reply #281: Oct 17, 2011 01:05:31 pm
        :clap: :clap: :clap:

Right on & champions league is a must for next season.

Best way to get the Champions League next year is to win the League.
      LiverCelt
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #282: Oct 17, 2011 01:52:58 pm
      Domestic cup and champs league qualification, and finishing above Arsenal.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #283: Oct 18, 2011 02:41:47 pm
      Where "gunner" finish above Arsenal for sure, pardon the pun.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #284: Oct 18, 2011 03:01:17 pm
      Stats are just that, they dont tell the whole f***in story,who knows whats going to happen,i appreciate those who dedicate time and effort trawling the net and posting information, fair fucks to ya all, things like if we beat this lot and draw to them,and if we can get a minimum of 16pts from our next 8 games were still in with a shout come december,

the only stat i'm interested in is the one after every 90 mins we play, i know its a old clichy but it's ''take every game as it comes'' and that is exactly it, it's easy to find out who is up next, and we can all try and predict the outcome,

we have to remember that we are a working progress, and each season we will improve,no doubt about that, this season we have to finish within the top 4, i believe we will achieve that no worries, and possibly even better,

there is a danger that people will expect too much to soon, and we will always have our negative morons, and our WUMS, but they need to get f***in real, ask themselves this,
      up t'il now do you believe we have already made the right steps and improved from last season ?

the very fact that yesterday, ferguscum fielded a side so negative,it was obvious his side, the champions of England, Champions league finalists(hee hee) came to Anfield not to lose, when has he ever done that at any other club in the EPL, if that does'nt tell you we have made progress, then i'm a monkeys uncle.(gerr off my cock Bubbles)

we have the carrott crunchers up next, in their yard, do you think Kenny will go there with Fergies attitude ?, i dont f***in think so do you?

we lost two pts yesterday, but we still came out smiling, because we now know that we are held with the deepest of respects and are well on course of regaining the glory days,
      but we need to be patient, come winter, there will be further additions,F**k knows who they will be, but you can f***in bet they will be quality and part of re-building progress,

we will finish within the top 4,we will be back in the CL next season, that i'm certain of,  BELIEVE !!

IKWT   YNWA

He's only 26 mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #285: Oct 18, 2011 03:03:42 pm
      And while i'm here, i might as well express my opinion on the matter.

Top 4 is the expectation. The league is the hope.

Still think Chelsea will win the league. Been a gut feeling all along and i like how they're team is clicking, slowly but surely.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #286: Oct 18, 2011 04:36:19 pm

Blowing a gael with that one.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #287: Oct 30, 2011 09:58:01 am
      New team, new attitude only going to improve IMO. One point behind rent boys four behind the scum. We have wasted at least four points after a tricky start to the campaign. I have more expectations with this side than any other in recent years I fear nobody.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #288: Oct 30, 2011 10:14:54 am
       I don't think we can challenge for the title as I think Man City will run away with it. We can though finish top four, but even that won't be easy. I hope that if we don't (and there's a chance we won't) our more "impatient" fans will not turn on the manager or the players. Now Man City have emerged, and Tottenham are strong, it's fecking difficult to get right up there.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #289: Oct 30, 2011 11:08:49 am
      I don't see why we can't compete for the title. Considering the fact that we can compete with Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Utd (and Spurs despite that loss) we can logically compete with them for the title. The game is simpler than they try and convince you.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #290: Oct 30, 2011 11:16:07 am
      I don't think we can challenge for the title as I think Man City will run away with it.

I think it's pretty fair to say City appear unstoppable at the minute, are winning games at a canter and are the team to catch. It, at this early stage, looks like a race for second. Their demolition of both Spurs and the scum were scary but... (there has to be a but)... this time last season we were thinking the same about Chelsea.

Expectations will change with every week that passes, every game that's played and every injury or suspension. I still believe that we can finish higher than 4th and challenge for the title but I understand, fully, why others don't.

I won't be easy, (it never is). My reasons are a mixture of; belief and hope. Belief: in a stronger squad, better players, better manger & owners. Hope: in that, as last season proves, there's many a slip between cup and lip.

The next ten games will tell a better tale.

robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #291: Oct 30, 2011 11:23:22 am
      personally i dont ever like to write us off until its impossible but realistically i think anything up to 3rd is gettable for this season.. chelsea look on the wane, especially at the back and with them us spurs and arsenal will fight it out between us for the other two cl spots.

As BBB said though chelsea were running away with it at this stage last season and look what happen and city could have a similar run around the turn of the year.. Manure dont look as good as they have for a while but they still have that fear factor for 75% of the league.  without investment on the midfield that will go over the next couple of years..

nothing is impossible right now.  we put a run together and we can still be involved. we have been written off but sit just behind the chavs and i dont hear them being written off
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #292: Oct 30, 2011 11:27:19 am
      personally i dont ever like to write us off until its impossible but realistically i think anything up to 3rd is gettable for this season.. chelsea look on the wane, especially at the back

All the Chelsea season ticket holders we get in the pub (loads of em) were as down as I can remember yesterday. Their opinion of their defence can't be any higher than Arseal fans opinion of theirs, and that's saying something. At least in Arsenals favour is that they have the hottest goalscorer in the league right now, if he keeps on firing then they are once again contenders for the top four.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #293: Oct 30, 2011 11:29:21 am
      All the Chelsea season ticket holders we get in the pub (loads of em) were as down as I can remember yesterday. Their opinion of their defence can't be any higher than Arseal fans opinion of theirs, and that's saying something. At least in Arsenals favour is that they have the hottest goalscorer in the league right now, if he keeps on firing then they are once again contenders for the top four.

watching that game yesterday must have been frightening for defensive coaches.. both sides were all over the place.. im fairly sure i read before yesterdays game that they havnt kept a clean sheet in the league since the opeing day..
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #294: Oct 30, 2011 11:35:24 am
      I think it's pretty fair to say City appear unstoppable at the minute, are winning games at a canter and are the team to catch. It, at this early stage, looks like a race for second. Their demolition of both Spurs and the scum were scary but.  (there has to be a but).  this time last season we were thinking the same about Chelsea.

Expectations will change with every week that passes, every game that's played and every injury or suspension. I still believe that we can finish higher than 4th and challenge for the title but I understand, fully, why others don't.

I won't be easy, (it never is). My reasons are a mixture of; belief and hope. Belief: in a stronger squad, better players, better manger & owners. Hope: in that, as last season proves, there's many a slip between cup and lip.

The next ten games will tell a better tale.

Spot on BBB hopefully we can put the first cracks in Citehs armour when we play them, then just like Chelsea they fold like a cheap suit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #295: Oct 30, 2011 11:13:17 pm
      Looking at it dispassionately then you would probably suggest it was between us, Chelsea, Spurs and even the resurgent Arsenal for 3rd.

But passionately, will be interesting to see if City and United perform as well in the next 10 as they have in their first ten.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,348 posts | 2869 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #296: Oct 30, 2011 11:22:30 pm
      For me there is 2 big questions

Will City drop points that perhaps would be unexpected?
      Will we take advantage if the above happens?

On question 1 I believe yes, of course they will

On question 2??
      If were 6-8 points off on January 1st I would not dismiss our title hopes
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #297: Oct 30, 2011 11:22:50 pm
      Looking at it dispassionately then you would probably suggest it was between us, Chelsea, Spurs and even the resurgent Arsenal for 3rd.

But passionately, will be interesting to see if City and United perform as well in the next 10 as they have in their first ten.

manu are fu**ed without someone to screen their back 4, and I think teams are starting to realise that.

In other words, you can get at them through the middle, and if you can do that, you can take them to the cleaners. Which we did, but they still scraped a F***ing draw.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #298: Oct 30, 2011 11:27:43 pm
      We definitely can't tell the future whether City will drop points unexpectedly, the same we cannot tell  the future whether we will as many points as possible.

We have to play City twice, Arsenal once more, Spurs once more, Chelsea twice and United once more. 21 points from those games are alot to ask for but we've done it before and we can do it again. Beating them won't guarantee us a top spot and neither will it matter if we drop points to the other sides but we really need to start hitting the back of the net more often, just try to win all our matches and let things happen and see where we stand.

Quick Reply