Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47160 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #713: May 15, 2011 11:14:05 pm
      Few fellas around me today saying exactly the same as the game wore on Cas

Honestly can't see how he is supposed to be the best ref we've got, so unbelievably biased.

Sunday league footy would just be about his level.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #714: May 15, 2011 11:21:44 pm
      Any other decent ref that would have been play on in my opinion, even Webb if it was the middle of the pitch he would have just let it go. But no, its near the box he's just itching to give a penalty against us.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #715: May 15, 2011 11:28:59 pm
      was the spectator who invaded the pitch naked??? was watching it on FSC, but they were fixed on not showing the spectator
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #716: May 15, 2011 11:37:33 pm
      Andy Carroll - there's a difficulty in fitting him in when Kuyt and Suarez can play so well together between them. Of course he's a fantastic asset to have at the club and gives us different plans and routes to go down but fitting him in is a problem.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #717: May 15, 2011 11:38:16 pm
      was the spectator who invaded the pitch naked??? was watching it on FSC, but they were fixed on not showing the spectator

If it's your want, there's a picture of him on page 15 or something.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #718: May 15, 2011 11:46:17 pm
      I suppose we were due for a sh*t performance. Webb was terrible, but we did get lucky not losing Luis and with Maxi avoiding a yellow.

Dawson and King shut us down. Made tons of last ditch efforts. We played just as well, they just got a couple bounces, we didn't. Such is football.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #719: May 15, 2011 11:52:58 pm
      Said it all along, wish we hadnt bought carroll. He just restricts the way we want to play. We should of waited its not like we needed him with surez already there
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #720: May 15, 2011 11:57:39 pm
      Red Horizon stop winding fellow posters up or you'll be on a Warning. Thankyou.

Haven't seen the game apart from bits on a stream that kept stopping, I was so looking forward to going to Anfield but as I was unable to get a ticket I'll have to watch it on LFC tv instead.

Just very dissapointed really that we last our last home game of the season after such a good run lately under Kenny. Maybe we've all got a bit carried away lately and just expected our run of good fortune and good football to carry on till the end of the season, still we can beat Aston Villa next weekend and get that 5th spot.

Need to have a good rebuild over the summer months and get rid of a number of players.

All is not lost though and I'm still very happy that Kenny is firmly in charge and let the great work continue.

Just voicing a differing opinion,nothing deliberate here...

I wonder who it was(me) who all season berated Torres only to receive dogs abuse for it.....they wouldn't listen.

And for the record,from where i was sitting it was bang on a pen but i've just watched it on MOTD and i'm 50/50 on it,Flanagan was caught on the wrong side of Pinearr and i could see why any ref would give it...

I really wish Webb hadn't been in charge then excuses would have had to sought else where...

Next time i'll only post my own comments on the game and never in reply to any one else's view...as they obviously have the advantage of a tv screen in front of them and a far greater footballing knowledge than me, where as i only have the real thing and it's so much better...(and no that wasn't a wind up)...

aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #721: May 16, 2011 12:17:15 am
      I actually thought Carroll looked pretty good tonight just a little off the pace which will come with more game time and a full healthy off season with the lads.

If we miss out on Europe we got less distraction for challenging on the title.

Win-Win imo.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #722: May 16, 2011 12:20:43 am
      Nice too see some knee-jerks in the wrong topic again.

I don't particularly remmember many people on here stating their disapprovement at signing Andy Caroll after he knocked in a brace against City, or highlighting the affect he was having on our style of play in that match. Which coincidentally contained 9 of the same starting lineup as today (Bar Meireles & Robbinson), in a practicaly identical formation.

We just wern't at the races, simple as that, they wanted it more (So did Webb). One bad performance in ten isn't bad going. The King can only perform so many miracles in one half a season.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2011 12:27:16 am by Dannylfc »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #723: May 16, 2011 12:25:12 am
      Just voicing a differing opinion,nothing deliberate here...

I wonder who it was(me) who all season berated Torres only to receive dogs abuse for it.....they wouldn't listen.

And for the record,from where I was sitting it was bang on a pen but I've just watched it on MOTD and I'm 50/50 on it,Flanagan was caught on the wrong side of Pinearr and I could see why any ref would give it...

I really wish Webb hadn't been in charge then excuses would have had to sought else where...

Next time I'll only post my own comments on the game and never in reply to any one else's view...as they obviously have the advantage of a tv screen in front of them and a far greater footballing knowledge than me, where as I only have the real thing and it's so much better...(and no that wasn't a wind up)...

With that kind of attitude i'd suggest you just keep to yourself and not post.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #724: May 16, 2011 12:44:39 am
      Gutted to the bone,lost the europa spot,only platform to really test our team strength and weakness comes next season! truly dissapointed,what happened out there,apart from Webb? Really lads,if we are aiming to topple the Manchester ,we have to do more than this,we have to perform when needed to !!! Absolute sh*t!Nevertheless ,YNWA!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #725: May 16, 2011 01:02:50 am
      Good job as usual Howard Webb! >:( :f_steam:  :mad:  :roll: 
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #726: May 16, 2011 01:07:32 am
      Absolutely gutted. But the way i see it we still have one game left to get 5th and stranger things have happened!

As for Andy Carroll? The lad is just back from injury we can't expect him to bag a hatrick just because of his price tag! As for him not fitting in? A bit of sense please! He has barely played for us, we have seen very little of what he has to offer the team. Plenty of people said that Kuyt would never fit in and that he was a waste of money, now he's one of our best strikers? There is your proof, Dirk Kuyt, that every player deserves the chance to prove themselves! And no one can say Andy has had that!

We were second best today, simple as, and instead of pointing the finger we need to get behind the lads and finish this season in style! Because as far as I know there's another game to play and that means there's 3 points there for us! And we are going to get 3 points and then we're getting back on our F***ing perch!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #727: May 16, 2011 01:20:21 am
      Good job as usual Howard Webb! >:( :f_steam:  :mad:  :roll: 

Look at the manc tw*t's position.  He's close to the incident, no one blocking his view, and Pienaar leaned into Flanno.  Disgrace of a referee.  Needs to get an eye test sharpish on that evidence.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #728: May 16, 2011 02:00:53 am
      Look at the manc tw*t's position.  He's close to the incident, no one blocking his view, and Pienaar leaned into Flanno.  Disgrace of a referee.  Needs to get an eye test sharpish on that evidence.

Exactly. 50/50 my arse, thats no pen at all. Hardly a free kick when you see how much Pienaar was doing as well, he was just as guilty as Flano.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #729: May 16, 2011 02:02:31 am
      Exactly. 50/50 my arse, thats no pen at all. Hardly a free kick when you see how much Pienaar was doing as well, he was just as guilty as Flano.

Just seen Kenny's comments on The Match on LFCtv and even he doesn't think it is a pen or even a free-kick, also made a bit of a sly dig towards the ref as well!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #730: May 16, 2011 02:04:11 am
      Look at the manc tw*t's position.  He's close to the incident, no one blocking his view, and Pienaar leaned into Flanno.  Disgrace of a referee.  Needs to get an eye test sharpish on that evidence.

I'd happily give him an eye test. See whether the fuckers can withstand a rusty screwdriver getting repeatedly stabbed into them. W**ker. I'd be doing everyone a favour and it would be me receiving an MBE for services to the beautiful game! And I'd be so popular that the Queen would parade me on the balcony at Buckingham Palace as every football fan (bar the Manc scum of course) lined the Mall and chanted my name and waved Union flags just for blinding the cockhead!!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #731: May 16, 2011 02:05:30 am
      Nice too see some knee-jerks in the wrong topic again.

I don't particularly remmember many people on here stating their disapprovement at signing Andy Caroll after he knocked in a brace against City, or highlighting the affect he was having on our style of play in that match. Which coincidentally contained 9 of the same starting lineup as today (Bar Meireles & Robbinson), in a practicaly identical formation.

We just wern't at the races, simple as that, they wanted it more (So did Webb). One bad performance in ten isn't bad going. The King can only perform so many miracles in one half a season.

OMG a voice of reason!!!....thank you for pointing out the City game, im looking @ that match thread and the post game reactions are hilarious when taking a look @ all the knee jerk reactions here
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #732: May 16, 2011 02:43:26 am

I made that screenshot myself. Both feet were definitely down outside the box when they collided. The screenshot is a split-second after that, as the Spur is raising his foot up.

It was a bang-bang play and certainly difficult to call without the aid of video replay, but being so close HOW could Webb call a penalty when there was certainly doubt. In the blink of an eye he determined it definitely happened in the box, and that Flanno was at fault. Horrible call.

We didn't deserve to win, but that call forced the momentum of the game enough to make a draw far less likely. Crap effort + crap ref = loss.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #733: May 16, 2011 02:43:59 am
      Just seen Kenny's comments on The Match on LFCtv and even he doesn't think it is a pen or even a free-kick, also made a bit of a sly dig towards the ref as well!

Love the man! He shoulda blasted the c**t in post-match, if he had been punished for it it would have shown the stupidity of the FA when the decision is that clearly wrong! Such is the class of the man though he didn't have a fergie/wenger meltdown, just a sly dig and a comment and thats it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #734: May 16, 2011 02:46:24 am
      I made that screenshot myself. Both feet were definitely down outside the box when they collided. The screenshot is a split-second after that, as the Spur is raising his foot up.

It was a bang-bang play and certainly difficult to call without the aid of video replay, but being so close HOW could Webb call a penalty when there was certainly doubt. In the blink of an eye he determined it definitely happened in the box, and that Flanno was at fault. Horrible call.

We didn't deserve to win, but that call forced the momentum of the game enough to make a draw far less likely. Crap effort + crap ref = loss.

Good screenshot mate, very clearly shows the situation.

I don't think we deserved a win either, but certainly not a loss. Draw would have been the fair result from a non-biased view, and that pen certainly diminished that chance.
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #735: May 16, 2011 03:14:08 am
        That was not a pen!Let's be real here gentlemen..and to any ladies that have not played football..that is the way the sport is played.When two players are running towards the ball there is going to be contact.You brace yourself for it and lean in HARD.Both the lads are basically the same size.Pineaar has been in the Prem for a few years now banging against  Carras,Vidics,Scoles etc-young Flannagan is an up and coming good player....FFS!!!They both knew what to expect.
        Playing Sunday football,when the same thing happened,I would put a hand out,help my opponent up and smile at him and under my breath tell him next time "I'm coming in f*****g harder!"Course I also held the leg of his shorts on corners too...but that's another topic.This time?No pen.No free kick.50/50.Let's play football!
        van der Vaarts first strike was a decent hit;small deflection in Spurs favour as any f*****g deflection and loose ball seemed to be today.Their defense firing on all cylinders.Webb?..enuff said in just the name.And the LFC players?Hold your heads high lads!It's been a magical ride since January 8th.We were not that bad:their defense can not produce another display like.
        Lastly,no Red Horizon,i wasn't there either.An Anfield Experience(1 match!) costs some supporters a weeks vacation in time as well as about 2000 quid.Had a ticket too-but when Braga advanced,knew that we wouldn't be in that final,so made my other Bird happy and said I would vacation with her....damn.....never been to Ireland.

Quick Reply