Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

If you was the manager of Liverpool

Read 2318 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      If you was the manager of Liverpool
      Aug 21, 2007 12:33:47 am
      I would discuss the future with these players...

Xabi Alonso - This is your last chance to impress otherwise we will have to discuss your future.. too many bad performances from you.

Harry Kewell - Sorry son, your not in our plans anymore. This is your last year, I hope you get over your injury problems.

Sami Hyypia - There is more competition now, you've been a legend to us but time has past by. I wish you luck!

Peter Crouch - I'm looking to get another striker in next summer so we'll have to discuss your future then.

Momo Sissoko - I've got Mascherano and Lucas in, competition is strong. We will need to discuss your future.

Dirk Kuyt - I want to see more from you this season. You are without a doubt in my plans, just give me your best!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: If you was the manager of Liverpool
      Reply #1: Aug 21, 2007 08:06:15 am
      I dont think we have any defender in our squad who can match the areal ability of hyypia. I think we lack defense in the set-peices so I reckon keep hyypia and let him teach Agger some more
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #2: Aug 21, 2007 08:20:11 am
      Although he has just said he has now got the full squad he's been after since he arrived.

So it would be strange why he'd want to offload some of the players especially the ones he's just insisted sign contract extensions.

Although someof the players named in your post are certainly neaer the end than they are the beginning of their times ith the club
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Aug 21, 2007 09:10:31 am

Xabi Alonso - This is your last chance to impress otherwise we will have to discuss your future.. too many bad performances from you.

Harry Kewell - Sorry son, your not in our plans anymore. This is your last year, I hope you get over your injury problems.

Sami Hyypia - There is more competition now, you've been a legend to us but time has past by. I wish you luck!

Peter Crouch - I'm looking to get another striker in next summer so we'll have to discuss your future then.

Momo Sissoko - I've got Mascherano and Lucas in, competition is strong. We will need to discuss your future.

Dirk Kuyt - I want to see more from you this season. You are without a doubt in my plans, just give me your best!

Xabi Alonso Why bother even asking the question when he signed a new contract in the summer sometimes you get a run of 2 bad games.

Harry KewellI do like Harry but we cant keep paying for men lying on the physios bench for 6 months at a time

Sami HyypiaWould never let you go Sammi as even with more competition you are too valuable to us for backup in defence at this time...

Peter CrouchA player who can turn a match if you are chasing it , we just need more quality crosses into the box to get the best from him in that situation.

Dirk KuytHe works like a dog every match and is a team player till the end the sort of man who will die for the cause and not think twice about it.

Momo Sissokowhy would he need his future discussed when he has also signed a new contract!!! Another tackling supremo who even when on the bench can come on and shut the attacks down from the opposition.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #4: Aug 21, 2007 09:11:35 am
      Sissoko and Alonso have both just signed long term contracts. Looks like Rafa's already had the chat.

Crouch, Kewell and Kuyt have all got to improve this year.  My feeling is that Kewell has already had too many chances. Kuyt needs to become as regular in the scoring charts as he was in Holland.  I think he needs to get greedier with his chances.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2007 10:00:45 am
      Sami would still be a huge part of my plans as nobody you could bring in as cover would be as good as he is plus when he retired hed be brought on to my coaching staff to coach defenders.

As for momo id simply say sort out your passing lad if he can do that hell do ok

crouch scored 18 goalss last season why all of a sudden does every one think hes finished?

xabi..as i said yesterday a spell out of the team to give him a kick in the arse you cant question his ability

kewell..give him 10 games fully fit if he offers nothing then tell him thats it time to go

kuyty.. for me his work rate alone is good enough reason to keep him i think if he got a couple of early goals he could be vital to us
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2007 11:30:59 am
      Alonso - Give him some encouraging words. I think he is abit shocked from all the summer signings. Just needs to get on with his game and he should start turning.

Crouch - Gives us something different. Always a spot for him on the squad.

Sissoko - The strongest holding midfielder. Will get some games in important matches. Will prove worthy to have later on.

Hyypia - Best defender you will get who is willing to stay as cover. Teach Agger while he is at it.

I like what he has done this season. Brought in some great players. Just hope they prove to be great when the season is over and in the seasons to come.

We all have a different perspective on our players. They are there to get the job done and im sure they can do it. Positive start to the season so far and im sure it can continue. I think the most important match will be this weekend. I know Chelsea's match was a good indication of how much we had caught upto them but these matches against lesser teams are as vital. To be up there at the end of the season, we have to finish the lesser teams off. Winning confortably this week will send confidence through the team.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2007 11:51:59 am
      There's no way I'd sell Hyppia at all.
      He's still a very good defender, especially against the big holding strikers of the game, and still highly useful on the offensive set piece.

Sissoko- I agree, I think that if Lucas shows promise, Sissoko's gone at the end of the season.

Crouch- I like him, he gives us a totally differnet dimension to our game- I'd just like to see him learn to head the ball better and utilise his size effectively.

Kuyt- Where the hell has the scoring touch from Feyenoord gone?! If you ask me, if he can't find his scoring boots by January, he needs to go and we need to find a genuine goal-poacher in the Owen/Fowler mode, though they don't have to be that good. :D

Alonso is a definite keep IMO.

With Kewell, definitely keep him until the end of the season- He's got little value in the transfer market.
      And, if he can manage to get past his injuries, is IMO one of the best left wingers in the game with a complete package.
      So, hopefully, if he plays a few games and shows his class, sign him to a long-term deal, though at a lot less money than his current deal. :D
      Or maybe I'm just biased cos he's Australian.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2007 12:01:31 pm
      Sissoko - The strongest holding midfielder.

I've lost count the number of times I've had this discussion with people, I really wouldn't class Sissoko as a holding midfielder. A holding midfielder sits in front of the back four offering extra protection, players like Mascherano, Hargreaves & Makelele. Sissoko plays much higher up the pitch, winning the ball in areas where we can really hurt the opposition & harryin opponents so they don't have time on the ball which forces mistakes. For me he definately isn't a holding midfielder, and if we did play him in that role his dodgy passing would give away possession in some really dangerous areas.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #9: Aug 21, 2007 12:22:42 pm
      Quote from EddieC  link=topic=3805.msg48720#msg48720 date=1187694091
      I've lost count the number of times I've had this discussion with people, I really wouldn't class Sissoko as a holding midfielder. A holding midfielder sits in front of the back four offering extra protection, players like Mascherano, Hargreaves & Makelele. Sissoko plays much higher up the pitch, winning the ball in areas where we can really hurt the opposition & harryin opponents so they don't have time on the ball which forces mistakes. For me he definately isn't a holding midfielder, and if we did play him in that role his dodgy passing would give away possession in some really dangerous areas.

I agree wth you ther about him leading the line rather than sitting.

If you watch the Barcelona away game were his bust his lungs out harrying Xavi & Deco and stifling their games. It wasn't long after that game he bacame as target for Barca as they and more importantly WE don't have another player in the squad who could have done what he did that night.

The guy has a lot to learn about the subtle side of the game i.e.passing and control. But in games when playing team who get lots of the ball and can keep but can be put of their games by constant tackling and harrying (Arsenal springs immediately to mind) I think Momo proves his worth. I think Rafa knows it as well and that is why he got him to sign the contract as Barca and Juve were sniffing around.

For all his faults Momo. You'd rather have him with you rather than against you.
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2007 12:35:49 pm
      Xabi Alonso - He's just signed a contract extension, so if the talk was to happen it surely must have already. No chance he'll be sold though at least for a few years because he is a different option as a foil for Gerrard: Mascherano and Sissoko's (in particular) passing is not anywhere near the same standard and he does a good job defensively.

Harry Kewell - Beintez clearly likes him because when he is fit and on form you can count on one hand the number better left wingers in the Premiership, or elsewhere for that matter. The chat should not be that he isn't in our plans any more (he must be, otherwise I think we'd have signed another left winger as well as Babel because Riise and Aurelio I count as left-backs), it should be that if he gets himself fit and stays fit he is in our plans but if come the end of the season he has only played 10 games then I think it's goodbye to him.

Sami Hyypia - He's a legend but Agger is the future and will play more games than last year, meaning he'll play less. I want to keep him but he will have to accept that Benitez am still looking for players in this position and Hyypia will be back up. I don't think there's many better who would settle for that, but we still need another centre back as back up as well because I'm not convinced by Palletta

Peter Crouch - I agree with what you say. It looks like it will probably be Torres plus one other for the most part this season. The Big Man just needs to take his chances when given the opportunity, a bit like Voronin did against Toulouse.

Momo Sissoko - He's just signed a new contract so won't be going anywhere. The Lucas deal only got put through once he got an Italian passport, meaning Benitez didn't want him as a non-EU player as he's not going to pay very much for the time being and wouldnet his work permit renewed. Momo again offers a different option to partner Gerrard. Unlike Mascerano who can sit and protect the back 4 with good distribution, and Xabi who does a job defensively but can also influence the play further up, Momo harries the opposition constantly and is more of a physical presence in the middle of the park. Giving him a new contract shows we don't want to let him go, but I think if he's not playing it may be his decision to try and leave.

Dirk Kuyt - I want to see more him this seaosn too. He works his socks off every game, but considering the goal record he came to the club with I want to see him on the scoresheet a lot more this season. He's not currently in danger of being sold but, like Crouchy, he's going to have to take his chances when he does play because I would say that only Torres is 100% guaranteed to be here at the start of next season no matter how many goals he scores this term.
      Euro5
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Come On You RED MEN
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2007 02:04:07 pm
      XABI ALONSO - apparently the best passer of the ball, he's obviously having a poor start to the season so i agree with some of the comments made he needs to have some time on the bench to reflect but in no way would i sell him because you know he will score more goals from the half way line "too soon we forget"

HARRY KEWEL - the infamous sick note is once again sidelined with an ankle injury, he truly is a good left winger and I'm sure all lfc fans like him as i do but for me he has one year left to prove his worth and repay Rafa and everyone else for sticking by him "maybe he's suffered from burn out from the Leeds utd days"

SAMI HYPIA - your all mad to contemplate the sale of a legend who still has everything to offer apart from pace. i agree with whoever mentioned when he retires he should be apart of the coaching staff for lfc defenders "sami sami sami sami hypia, i cant forget that chant in a hurry"

PETER CROUCH - a legend in the making, the only 6ft 7inch player to grace the game. although i dint think hes extremely skillfull on the ball but aerially he surely is a massive threat. 18 goals last term so why would you sell him. "all he needs is better service and i can see 15 goal at least this term"

MOMO SISSOKO - is most certainly not a holding midfielder hes there to break up play and he does that very well although sometimes he is very reckless and his passing is poor. i think Lucas has been brought in to sharpen him up a bit. "id also like to see at least one goal from sissoko this term"

DIRK KUYT - well well well what can you say, hes got the right mentality and passion for lfc and he truly does work like a dog, but of course he needs to score more goals like at his previous club. " for me he has had a year to adapt and id like to see more goals"

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2007 03:57:21 pm
      Scott Carson: You clearly need first team Football.  We will discuss your future at the end of the season

Harry Kewell: You've got one last season to prove your worth.  I will discuss your future with you at the end of the season

Peter Crouch: Keep working hard in training, and prove your place in the starting 11.

Momo Sissoko: You are one of my biggest prospects.  I do want to keep you here at Liverpool, just keep working hard.

Sami Hyypia: You are one of the most experienced Center Backs I have ever known. I expect you to step in if Agger or Carragher has an injury or suspension

Xabi Alonso: You have an important role in my plans.  I have no doubts about your ability.  Your form will come, be patient.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2007 04:55:43 pm
      I think people forget that last season, Kuyt was not playing in his preferred position for us as he did at Feyenoord!

With Torres now here to do what Kuyt did last season, we will see more goals from him! I have never doubted Kuyt and on the evidence of his work-rate, I probably never will!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Aug 23, 2007 04:06:07 pm

Bit harsh on them all lad.

Esp. Hyypia, he is still doing a great job when called upon. Xabi is class. Kuyt is perfect foil for Torres, already a great partnership is happenning, Crouch will still score goals, esp once the new winger's settle. Kewell will depend on wether he can stay fit and get a run in the team, im hopefull...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: Aug 23, 2007 04:21:52 pm
      Momo Sissoko is a combative midfielder, breaks up the play.. not defensive nor attacking, just combative!

Quick Reply