Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Kenny's Picks

Read 2417 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Kenny's Picks
      Jun 22, 2011 05:10:54 pm
      Suarez aside, Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson, Charles N'Zogbia, Stuart Downing, and I reluctantly add Andy Carroll. Are these the types of players we should be aiming for in our quest to conquer Europe and the Premier League?

I know Kenny has to look to the future, the 'English' future, and maybe I was expecting too much from our new owners, but I can't help thinking we should be aiming a little higher. Eden Hazzard, Sergio Aguero perhaps, Alexi Sanchez, or Neymar? These are the names you'd expect to be signing for the European top 4 clubs, but if we are to make real progress, perhaps we need to be putting bids in as well.

Time will tell I guess.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Re: Kenny's Picks
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2011 05:12:10 pm
      Yes put bids in, but dont expect to get the cream when we are not in Champions League.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2011 05:20:08 pm
      Oh bejaysus not another one  :mad:

There's over 2 months of the transfer window to go yet, stop wittlin' about who we haven't signed!!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2011 05:22:01 pm

There's over 2 months of the transfer window to go yet, stop wittlin' about who we haven't signed!!

I wish it was August!!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2011 05:22:41 pm
       :mad:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Jun 22, 2011 05:23:05 pm

And stop wishing ya life away  ;D
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2011 05:24:56 pm
      And stop wishing ya life away  ;D

I know. At least i will be away from all this for a month! May have a sneaky peak every other day or so.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Jun 22, 2011 05:27:04 pm
      I know. At least I will be away from all this for a month! May have a sneaky peak every other day or so.

Then spend the month enjoying yourself.

Kenny will buy his players whether you're watching his every move or not  ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2011 05:30:52 pm

That's what I like to see, optimism. Just hope it ain't misplaced. I'll be looking for you in August - bring your wall with you ;)

Seriously though, you snooze, you lose. You can wait your 2 months if you like, but if we end up with Downing at the end of it all, then I'll rest my case.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2011 05:29:21 pm
      Then spend the month enjoying yourself.

Kenny will buy his players whether you're watching his every move or not  ;)

Lets hope so. All infuriating and fun at the same time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Jun 22, 2011 05:29:46 pm
      I'm off to do my self up the arse with a spiky cactus, its far less painful than reading threads like this.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 22, 2011 05:32:02 pm
      Suarez aside, Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson, Charles N'Zogbia, Stuart Downing, and I reluctantly add Andy Carroll. Are these the types of players we should be aiming for in our quest to conquer Europe and the Premier League?

I know Kenny has to look to the future, the 'English' future, and maybe I was expecting too much from our new owners, but I can't help thinking we should be aiming a little higher. Eden Hazzard, Sergio Aguero perhaps, Alexi Sanchez, or Neymar? These are the names you'd expect to be signing for the European top 4 clubs, but if we are to make real progress, perhaps we need to be putting bids in as well.

Time will tell I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet.....there's plenty of time.

The above player you mention that already ply their trade in the league are fantastic players...don't let the media and fans of other clubs lead you to believe that these are somehow second class to the other players you mention..Adam,N'zogbia are really good players who i would be delighted to see at the club....Downing needs to pull his finger out and i'm not sure he'd leave Villa anyway...

Anyway....as i've said before,just wait and see time will tell and we'll be ok..

the other thing is...i don't watch the foreign leagues and have no interest in them...and no one else did till Multi channels came along,i don't know who's who out there and i don't care.....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2011 05:36:37 pm
      I'm off to do my self up the arse with a spiky cactus, its far less painful than reading threads like this.
      Sure you are not over exaggerating a little?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2011 05:37:42 pm
      I wouldn't worry about it just yet.....there's plenty of time.

The above player you mention that already ply their trade in the league are fantastic players...don't let the media and fans of other clubs lead you to believe that these are somehow second class to the other players you mention..Adam,N'zogbia are really good players who i would be delighted to see at the club....Downing needs to pull his finger out and i'm not sure he'd leave Villa anyway...

Anyway....as i've said before,just wait and see time will tell and we'll be ok..

the other thing is...i don't watch the foreign leagues and have no interest in them...and no one else did till Multi channels came along,i don't know who's who out there and i don't care.....
      Granted, but I do get this feeling that Comolli may have a little too much power.

EDIT: Jordan Henderson, on joining us for £20m, a Sunderland fan, obviously bitter, I concede, said it was an amazing deal for Sunderland. A player who cannot shoot, pass, has little to no assissts, and can't tackle. I dismissed it, then watched him in the under 21 debacle. Granted only a few players performed, but Henderson was poor. Very poor.

2 + 2 = 5 perhaps, like I said, we'll wait and see
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Jun 22, 2011 05:37:21 pm
      That's what I like to see, optimism. Just hope it ain't misplaced. I'll be looking for you in August - bring your wall with you ;)

Seriously though, you snooze, you lose. You can wait your 2 months if you like, but if we end up with Downing at the end of it all, then I'll rest my case.

Just because we aren't bidding left, right and centre doesn't mean we are snoozing mate.  

There's plenty going on behind the scenes that we are blissfully unaware of and when there is something to say, it'll be said.  Whether we spend the next 2 months worrying or not there will be more than Downing arrive (if he's even a target).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Jun 22, 2011 05:42:54 pm
      Sure you are not over exaggerating a little?

Me exaggerate ?

Never. ;D
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2011 05:51:24 pm
      Really? Another one?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2011 05:59:21 pm

Here you go Danny borrow my wall mate  :mad:
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 23, 2011 12:03:47 am
      We wont win the EPL with that list (Suarez aside) & he wasnt a Kenny signing anyway!

Quick Reply