Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 736745 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3151: Feb 27, 2015 12:07:08 am
      if you'd rather Pogba then Henderson then f**k off to a Juve forum and go post about him, f**k off to Italy and go follow them, just f**k off this forum whatever you do WUM. I will post here about my Liverpool players and you can F**k off and post about whoever you want, nobody here cares
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6774 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3152: Feb 27, 2015 04:29:00 am
      Missed his energy in midfield tonight. The lads hardly chased or harassed all night.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3153: Feb 27, 2015 03:40:55 pm
      I'm beginning to think you people are obsessed with Diame.  I mentioned him maybe two or three times, after that he has only kept coming up when other people bring him up.  The obsession really is bizarre.  I think he is a good player.  Not a world beater or anything.  But a solid player who could've had more of an impact than, say, Joe Allen, who we purchased for £15m the same summer Diame was available on a free.

All the Diame jokes are also of course underhanded jabs at Kenny since he had him ready to sign the summer FSG unceremoniously kicked him to the curb.

Anyway.  Diame is a good player.  But I'd much rather we have Pogba than Diame.  And I'd much rather have Pogba than Henderson.

Maybe we can do a straight swap with Juve this summer?  Surely Juve sees what a top player Henderson is, they'd be getting equal value.

If wishes were fishes the world would be an ocean. Pogba isn't coming anywhere near us, hope you don't actually think he'd sign for us (all Henderson jokes aside)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3154: Feb 28, 2015 08:42:55 am
      I heard Real Madrid has recently submitted bids to the spectacular trio of Remy Cabella, Moussa Sissoko and Mohamed Diamé, but were unable to convince their clubs to sell them.

Which is good otherwise you wouldn't be able to say they're good players by your own criteria.

Mate, Cabella and Sissoko are better than every one of our CM's or AM's. Cabella isn't far away from Coutinho.

Yes, i too fall into the category of people who find Henderson overrated, just because he runs and runs and has passion doesn't makes him a great midfielder. In every top team he'll barely make the bench. He needs to be more consistent and improve on his vision across the pitch, shooting technique and so on.

When you compare him to players like Fabregas, Pogba, Kroos, Pirlo, Vidal, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Sneijder, you know he has a long way to become a great MC. Ramsey is as good as him, if not better in many aspects, and you don't see Arsenal fans thinking he's the next Fabregas.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #3155: Feb 28, 2015 08:58:38 am
      Mate, Cabella and Sissoko are better than every one of our CM's or AM's. Cabella isn't far away from Coutinho.

Yes, i too fall into the category of people who find Henderson overrated, just because he runs and runs and has passion doesn't makes him a great midfielder. In every top team he'll barely make the bench. He needs to be more consistent and improve on his vision across the pitch, shooting technique and so on.

When you compare him to players like Fabregas, Pogba, Kroos, Pirlo, Vidal, you know he has a long way to become a great MC. Ramsey is as good as him, if not better in many aspects, and you don't see Arsenal fans thinking he's the next Fabregas.

:lmao:

There is SO much to unpick here.

Sissoko brings nothing, if people say Hendo runs around like a headless chicken, then have a look at Sissoko, 2 goals, 2 assists this season. More cards than contributions.

Cabella proved that the French league is a shocking standard of football, he's scored one goal for Newcastle and doesn't always get into the team he's that poor. I think you really should be pointed at and shamed for even suggesting he's close to Coutinho, where you drunk when you posted this? And that is a serious question because it might be literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Also on how Hendo needs to improve to be a top midfield player, he is! Every season he adds more goals and more assists to his game. Every season he is louder on the field and part of more off it. He's getting better and better and that's all we can ask for him. You're right in that he needs to go a long way to reach the heights of Vidal, Pogba, Kross and Fabregas, but to replace him with the "better" Sissoko or Cabella is something I just can't wrap my head around another human being who actually watches football week in and week out would say.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3156: Feb 28, 2015 09:07:29 am

There is SO much to unpick here.

Sissoko brings nothing, if people say Hendo runs around like a headless chicken, then have a look at Sissoko, 2 goals, 2 assists this season. More cards than contributions.

Cabella proved that the French league is a shocking standard of football, he's scored one goal for Newcastle and doesn't always get into the team he's that poor. I think you really should be pointed at and shamed for even suggesting he's close to Coutinho, where you drunk when you posted this? And that is a serious question because it might be literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Also on how Hendo needs to improve to be a top midfield player, he is! Every season he adds more goals and more assists to his game. Every season he is louder on the field and part of more off it. He's getting better and better and that's all we can ask for him. You're right in that he needs to go a long way to reach the heights of Vidal, Pogba, Kross and Fabregas, but to replace him with the "better" Sissoko or Cabella is something I just can't wrap my head around another human being who actually watches football week in and week out would say.

Sissoko will most surely be signed by Arsenal in the summer, his head isn't at Newcastle at the moment, he played very well for France during the World Cup. It's hard to play your football while at a piss poor team like the Toon.

Cabella has lots of quality, i watched him in France and he has very good technical skills. When played he showed them at Newcastle, but i think he has trouble outside the football field. Look at Ben Arfa, loads of quality, fu**ed up by the Toon and private life. These players would do very well in a better team. Tiote also is a good player, but suffers because they don't have a manager capable of managing them well.

I bet you believed Cabaye or Debuchy were piss poor when playing for them also.

Look what he does against Arsenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhUMDsmD7dk#ws

And at Chelsea :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3l_VMqIrw#ws
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #3157: Feb 28, 2015 09:17:23 am
      Cabaye is overrated but Debuchy seems like a recent player. I'm not going to watch a highlight video because it makes every players look good, in fact I bet there's a Henderson one that you could watch and it'll make him look like one of the best players you've ever seen...

I don't agree with that arguments that good players can only play a certain clubs. If someone is good enough then they should look good at every club. SO many players have been found out because they look good at a lower level but once they step up to the big leagues they can't cut it much like Cabaye. Sissoko will be the same if he joins Arsenal, nothing but a bit part player after the initial honeymoon period goes away.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3158: Feb 28, 2015 09:31:13 am
      Cabaye is overrated but Debuchy seems like a recent player. I'm not going to watch a highlight video because it makes every players look good, in fact I bet there's a Henderson one that you could watch and it'll make him look like one of the best players you've ever seen...

I don't agree with that arguments that good players can only play a certain clubs. If someone is good enough then they should look good at every club. SO many players have been found out because they look good at a lower level but once they step up to the big leagues they can't cut it much like Cabaye. Sissoko will be the same if he joins Arsenal, nothing but a bit part player after the initial honeymoon period goes away.

There is the other side of the coin, yet so many have thrived when they moved to better teams or were used rightly by their managers. See Bale or Pogba for an example.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,292 posts | 4939 
      Reply #3159: Feb 28, 2015 10:56:27 am
      Did I just read that right?

Someone on here has compared Cabella with Coutinho?

And they were serious!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3160: Feb 28, 2015 11:16:05 am
      Did I just read that right?

Someone on here has compared Cabella with Coutinho?

And they were serious!!

Imagine if you could still neg somebody on here :laugh:

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3161: Feb 28, 2015 01:42:04 pm
      I think the criticism of Henderson isn't that far fetch and I see it from other people's POV. Individually, I don't think he's the greatest of footballers, just above average, but as a team player, he really is exceptional. In the right system and right partner in midfield, he really can take a team to the next level. This is why I rate him highly.

Funny thing is, I remember Meireles being similar to Henderson, hard working but weak in the tackle and a far better footballer, yet he got slated for running about and not being able to tackle, yet, Henderson is doing the exact same thing but with more intensity and less footballing ability.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3162: Feb 28, 2015 01:53:13 pm
      I think the criticism of Henderson isn't that far fetch and I see it from other people's POV. Individually, I don't think he's the greatest of footballers, just above average, but as a team player, he really is exceptional. In the right system and right partner in midfield, he really can take a team to the next level. This is why I rate him highly.

Funny thing is, I remember Meireles being similar to Henderson, hard working but weak in the tackle and a far better footballer, yet he got slated for running about and not being able to tackle, yet, Henderson is doing the exact same thing but with more intensity and less footballing ability.

We don't tackle much as a team, we press and force errors and win the ball back standing up.
      It makes it easier and quicker to transition play when we win the ball back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #3163: Feb 28, 2015 04:24:16 pm

Cheers I needed a good laugh.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3164: Feb 28, 2015 06:25:20 pm
      Cabella isn't far away from Coutinho.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3165: Feb 28, 2015 10:42:45 pm

You're not wrong about any of this.  Henderson is a hard worker, the hardest worker on the team now that Suarez is gone.  but as a footballer he is barely above average, and that's being kind.  He's definitely no better than Meireles, who was hounded out for not being good enough, allegedly.

But apparently as long as you're not a shithouse it's okay to be mediocre.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,292 posts | 4939 
      Reply #3166: Feb 28, 2015 10:44:45 pm

but as a footballer he is barely above average, and that's being kind.  He's definitely no better than Meireles, who was hounded out for not being good enough, allegedly.

He is most definitely above average Fed and a far better footballer then Meireles.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #3167: Feb 28, 2015 11:18:32 pm
      Every time someone says Henderson is an "average footballer";

https://vine.co/v/OF6I5irIWhu

Sorry, need to change my trousers.

There was a point where I could understand the detractors. He did used to be a bit meh, and when someone has been brilliant for a short period of time people are reluctant to call them great. Its been 18 months now guys, he's a really talented footballer and one who would a first team player in any team in the league.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #3168: Feb 28, 2015 11:23:58 pm
      Also Cabaye, Cabella and Sissoko are all meh. Cabaye a little bit less meh, but still pretty meh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #3169: Feb 28, 2015 11:48:40 pm
      Also Cabaye, Cabella and Sissoko are all meh. Cabaye a little bit less meh, but still pretty meh.

Not Diame though.

What a player he is!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3170: Feb 28, 2015 11:50:23 pm
      Not Diame though.  What a player he is!

I really, really think you're obsessed with him....
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3171: Feb 28, 2015 11:54:28 pm
      Every time someone says Henderson is an "average footballer";

https://vine.co/v/OF6I5irIWhu

Sorry, need to change my trousers.

what exactly does that prove?  I mean Babel scored several worldies, does that mean he was a top player?  hell even Aquilani showed glimpses of brilliance, does that mean we should have kept him too?  Lallana has some incredible touches as well, wonderful technique etc.  But he hasn't exactly set the world alight has he?

again, this is not about moments of brilliance; Henderson has had those.  What it is about is consistently playing at a very, very high level, game in and game out.  Not just sometimes.  Not just when you're arsed.  Every game. 
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #3172: Mar 01, 2015 01:06:39 am
      what exactly does that prove?  I mean Babel scored several worldies, does that mean he was a top player?  hell even Aquilani showed glimpses of brilliance, does that mean we should have kept him too?  Lallana has some incredible touches as well, wonderful technique etc.  But he hasn't exactly set the world alight has he?

again, this is not about moments of brilliance; Henderson has had those.  What it is about is consistently playing at a very, very high level, game in and game out.  Not just sometimes.  Not just when you're arsed.  Every game.

Henderson is consistently excellent (with the exception of those wing back games)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3173: Mar 01, 2015 01:07:12 am
      Henderson is consistently excellent (with the exception of those wing back games)

Henderson is consistently excellent.

okay.

Quick Reply