Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 735776 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3887: Feb 03, 2016 12:45:55 pm
      Wow, just Wow!

Such hateful sh*t towards one of our own. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3888: Feb 03, 2016 01:28:03 pm
      Wow, just Wow!

I just think its frustration we seem to have very few if any players on form at the moment.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #3889: Feb 03, 2016 03:06:23 pm
      We will never win the league with Jordan Henderson as captain, being our main number 1 central midfielder.

He can 'do a job' sitting alongside somebody with far better quality than him doing all their donkey work for them, a bit like how he did for Stevie in the title challenge season, but that's about it.

Very limited footballer. Basic at best.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #3890: Feb 03, 2016 03:18:38 pm
      We will never win the league with Jordan Henderson as captain, being our main number 1 central midfielder.

He can 'do a job' sitting alongside somebody with far better quality than him doing all their donkey work for them, a bit like how he did for Stevie in the title challenge season, but that's about it.

Very limited footballer. Basic at best.

Yeh, he isn't good enough for a title winning team, fantastic squad player if he needs to replace an injured player temporarily. He offers a bit of work work rate and few good passes here and there but not good enough when it comes to big games.

Decent player for plan B.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,289 posts | 4938 
      Reply #3891: Feb 03, 2016 03:38:07 pm
      Wow, just Wow!

I'm ignoring it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3892: Feb 03, 2016 03:41:31 pm
      he has been out of sorts this season but to be honest they all have bar the odd performance. His injury is clearly hampering him but I also think the pressure of losing games is taking its toll on the lad he cares very much about this club maybe too much and its affecting his form
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #3893: Feb 03, 2016 04:24:37 pm
      My feelings exactly.

Didn't take long to forget being dragged back into the game vs. Norwich.

Oh, and if he is as sh*te as some nonces on here think, then surely Klopp is an even bigger nonce for starting him and leaving him as captain

Some people beggar all belief

What a c**t thing to say, referring to somebody as a nonce because they don't rate a Liverpool player.

Comparing Hendo to the past Liverpool midfielders I grew up watching then he isn't fit enough to lace their boots. Or the previous captains we've had either. In fact, its a f**king embarrassment to put it kindly that he is first name on our f**king team sheet. It goes to show how much we've fallen.

Oh and that classic line of 'well you cant like the manager either then because he picks Jordan sometimes too'.  Yeah the same manager who has dragged him off the pitch the last few games because he has been that terrible? Or the manager who has been here five minutes and has openly said a few times he doesn't want to make changes for the time being and will give all squad players a chance?

Imagine Jürgen coming into melwood on his first day in charge and stripping the captain of his armband and giving it to somebody else, bearing in mind he has never worked with our squad before. I'm sure that would have gone down well. Lets see if he's captain this time in two years shall we.

Oh, and well done he bagged at Norwich. What else has he ever done in a Liverpool shirt?

TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #3894: Feb 03, 2016 06:08:26 pm
      As much he would like to be lead dog in midfield, he does not seem to handle the burden well.  He needs to be paired with an Alpha in central midfield
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,562 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3895: Feb 03, 2016 06:40:38 pm
      What a c**t thing to say, referring to somebody as a nonce because they don't rate a Liverpool player.

Comparing Hendo to the past Liverpool midfielders I grew up watching then he isn't fit enough to lace their boots. Or the previous captains we've had either. In fact, its a f**king embarrassment to put it kindly that he is first name on our f**king team sheet. It goes to show how much we've fallen.

Oh and that classic line of 'well you cant like the manager either then because he picks Jordan sometimes too'.  Yeah the same manager who has dragged him off the pitch the last few games because he has been that terrible? Or the manager who has been here five minutes and has openly said a few times he doesn't want to make changes for the time being and will give all squad players a chance?

Imagine Jürgen coming into melwood on his first day in charge and stripping the captain of his armband and giving it to somebody else, bearing in mind he has never worked with our squad before. I'm sure that would have gone down well. Lets see if he's captain this time in two years shall we.

Oh, and well done he bagged at Norwich. What else has he ever done in a Liverpool shirt?

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities. Is nonce that bad :)

But some of the stuff posted should be piped well out to sea, way over the top and disrepectful to any captain of LFC, regardless of what you think of Hendo as a person or player.

BTW - I didn't compare him to anyone, and don't think he's at the level of SG or other top players. But a solid pro who we generally miss when not playing.

And didn't say you can't like the manager cause he picks him. Just the fact that he plays him, even when not fully fit (carrying injury), says a lot.  Or are you saying Jürgen hasn't the balls to make someone else captain/drop anyone who's not up to it?

But don't let what I *actually* said get in the way of your foaming at mouth...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Reply #3896: Feb 03, 2016 07:30:16 pm
      Wow, just Wow!

Some downright pricks in this thread. And not one of them would say it to Jordan's face I'd bet either.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3897: Feb 03, 2016 07:55:11 pm
      Plays form is temporary, it is the managers responsibility to know when to play the inform player, right now that is Allen... Hendo can't really refuse to play if he is picked so this one is Klopps fault not Hendo
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #3898: Feb 04, 2016 04:50:57 pm
      Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities. Is nonce that bad :)

But some of the stuff posted should be piped well out to sea, way over the top and disrepectful to any captain of LFC, regardless of what you think of Hendo as a person or player.

BTW - I didn't compare him to anyone, and don't think he's at the level of SG or other top players. But a solid pro who we generally miss when not playing.

And didn't say you can't like the manager cause he picks him. Just the fact that he plays him, even when not fully fit (carrying injury), says a lot.  Or are you saying Jürgen hasn't the balls to make someone else captain/drop anyone who's not up to it?

But don't let what I *actually* said get in the way of your foaming at mouth...

Just thought it was a bizarre referring to somebody as a child sexual predator because they don't rate a Liverpool player. Bit creepy really.

Benteke has captained Liverpool and he's F***ing garbage. Shall we rim him as well? I'm not being disrespectful. I'm saying with confidence that we will never win the league with Henderson as our captain and being the main man of our midfield. We need somebody with a bit of bollocks and a bit of quality in the middle.

I've said a few times Jordan is almost the perfect player to play alongside such a player and give them a free role almost by doing all their donkey work. That's what he is good at. His engine is his asset. As a footballer he is very limited. Very basic. He isn't consistent either, certainly not to the level of a Liverpool FC captain.

It's disappointing to see people w*nk over Hendo being our captain because it really does go to show just how low our expectations have dropped and how far behind we've fallen. It speaks volumes that he wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals. He wouldn't even get a game for Leicester.

Jürgen has picked him because there is nobody else to choose. Who are the options? Lucas? An ageing DM who struggles to last  a full 90? Allen who up until the last 3-4 weeks has been god damn awful in a red shirt. Milner? Not a natural centre mid. One of the kids? No experience.

And yes, I'm saying Klopp wouldn't walk into a new club and just strip somebody of the captaincy who he has never worked with before. And again what are the options? Who else could possibly be captain? We say on these boards every day that we have no leaders in the squad and that includes Hendo. How many times have you seen hendo grab a game by the scruff?

Put it this way, If hendo is still our captain this time in 2 years and still our main man in midfield under Klopp i'll be gobsmacked.

This sounds like im criticising Henderson and im not. I actually like the lad and I say regularly he would be in my team, but he is at his best for being the unsung hero, the quiet lad who just goes about his job, covering ground for the better players around him basically. When the pressure is on his shoulders and the expectation is all on him to deliver and to perform then sadly he isn't good enough. He isn't a leader either. We need a F***ing new CM urgently, somebody with some F***ing presence.

Sick of the fannys we have in midfield.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #3899: Feb 04, 2016 04:55:07 pm
      Some downright pricks in this thread. And not one of them would say it to Jordan's face I'd bet either.

:lmao: why not?

Incase big scary Jordan Henderson will shout?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3900: Feb 04, 2016 05:10:27 pm
      :lmao: why not?

Incase big scary Jordan Henderson will shout?

I think his point is people would be very nicey nicey. "Yes Jordan, nice to meet you Jordan, can I have a picture Jordan, can I have an autograph please"
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,562 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3901: Feb 04, 2016 09:57:18 pm
      Just thought it was a bizarre referring to somebody as a child sexual predator because they don't rate a Liverpool player. Bit creepy really.

Benteke has captained Liverpool and he's f**king garbage. Shall we rim him as well? I'm not being disrespectful. I'm saying with confidence that we will never win the league with Henderson as our captain and being the main man of our midfield. We need somebody with a bit of bollocks and a bit of quality in the middle.

I've said a few times Jordan is almost the perfect player to play alongside such a player and give them a free role almost by doing all their donkey work. That's what he is good at. His engine is his asset. As a footballer he is very limited. Very basic. He isn't consistent either, certainly not to the level of a Liverpool FC captain.

It's disappointing to see people w*nk over Hendo being our captain because it really does go to show just how low our expectations have dropped and how far behind we've fallen. It speaks volumes that he wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals. He wouldn't even get a game for Leicester.

Jürgen has picked him because there is nobody else to choose. Who are the options? Lucas? An ageing DM who struggles to last  a full 90? Allen who up until the last 3-4 weeks has been god damn awful in a red shirt. Milner? Not a natural centre mid. One of the kids? No experience.

And yes, I'm saying Klopp wouldn't walk into a new club and just strip somebody of the captaincy who he has never worked with before. And again what are the options? Who else could possibly be captain? We say on these boards every day that we have no leaders in the squad and that includes Hendo. How many times have you seen hendo grab a game by the scruff?

Put it this way, If hendo is still our captain this time in 2 years and still our main man in midfield under Klopp i'll be gobsmacked.

This sounds like im criticising Henderson and im not. I actually like the lad and I say regularly he would be in my team, but he is at his best for being the unsung hero, the quiet lad who just goes about his job, covering ground for the better players around him basically. When the pressure is on his shoulders and the expectation is all on him to deliver and to perform then sadly he isn't good enough. He isn't a leader either. We need a f**king new CM urgently, somebody with some f**king presence.

Strangely we're probably not a million miles apart,  I agree that Hendo isn't in the same class as SG, or Alonso, or KK, or Souness etc, he's not.  And I agree that if he is still the captain this time next year, or in two years, I'd be surprised. And also agree it would be difficult for Klopp to come in and strip him of it, though I think if he was really bad he might have to.

But of the players we have, I personally don't see anyone else who would be head and shoulders a better choice as captain. He was vice captain when SG was here, and captained the England under-21s. So he has some experience. But not sure he has the gravitas to be an SG, a Roy Keane, a Kompany, Terry etc,  so longer term maybe he might pass on the arm-band. But for now he is the captain, and I thought some comments were a bit over the top the other day, but water under the bridge now

Captaincy aside, don't think his form is great right now, he's got foot/heel problems that are probably at him. One of his main attributes is that he gets about the place quickly, good engine and all that, and if not fully fit, will be a problem. But, he has goals in him, and even if not 100% the manager obviously feels he's a better option that many, which says a lot too.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3902: Feb 04, 2016 10:15:02 pm
      He is not our Captain. Just a title for him, nothing more. We don't have a Captain.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3903: Feb 04, 2016 11:16:00 pm

He was just calling a spade, a spade.

He doesn't have to be fit to lace Gerrard's, Alonso's, or whoever's boots. He's not going up against midfields of Essien, Lampard, Makalele, Keane, Vieria, Scholes, Carrick, etc. The standard of competition has changed so he doesn't have to be of the level that was previously required.

Are you seriously asking what else he's ever done in a Liverpool shirt? F**k off. The past two seasons (13/14 and 14/15) he has more assists than any other midfielder from open play in the league.

Benteke has captained Liverpool and he's f**king garbage. Shall we rim him as well? I'm not being disrespectful. I'm saying with confidence that we will never win the league with Henderson as our captain and being the main man of our midfield. We need somebody with a bit of bollocks and a bit of quality in the middle.

This sounds like im criticising Henderson and im not. I actually like the lad and I say regularly he would be in my team, but he is at his best for being the unsung hero, the quiet lad who just goes about his job, covering ground for the better players around him basically. When the pressure is on his shoulders and the expectation is all on him to deliver and to perform then sadly he isn't good enough. He isn't a leader either. We need a f**king new CM urgently, somebody with some f**king presence.

Who are these midfield players with bollocks in other teams in the league? Again, the days of Gerrard, Souness, Keane, Vieira, Lampard, Scholes, etc. are gone. There aren't any players in the league as good as any of them, let alone midfielders.

Very basic. Rightttt. That's why he still assists a tonne of goals. His passing range is excellent. He is consistent as well. He's been sh*te the last couple of games and taken off because of his injury. That is quite obvious. He's one of the best midfielders in the league. Saying he wouldn't get into Leicester's team is absolutely ridiculous. He's not better than Kante? Really? And F***ing Drinkwater? Behave. He'd get into most teams in the league at the moment because most of the midfielders in the league aren't great!

You've not got a F***ing clue about his leadership ability either. None of us do. You're not in the changing room every match, you don't see what goes on behind the scenes at Melwood.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3904: Feb 04, 2016 11:17:31 pm
      Strangely we're probably not a million miles apart,  I agree that Hendo isn't in the same class as SG, or Alonso, or KK, or Souness etc, he's not.  And I agree that if he is still the captain this time next year, or in two years, I'd be surprised. And also agree it would be difficult for Klopp to come in and strip him of it, though I think if he was really bad he might have to.

But of the players we have, I personally don't see anyone else who would be head and shoulders a better choice as captain. He was vice captain when SG was here, and captained the England under-21s. So he has some experience. But not sure he has the gravitas to be an SG, a Roy Keane, a Kompany, Terry etc,  so longer term maybe he might pass on the arm-band. But for now he is the captain, and I thought some comments were a bit over the top the other day, but water under the bridge now

Captaincy aside, don't think his form is great right now, he's got foot/heel problems that are probably at him. One of his main attributes is that he gets about the place quickly, good engine and all that, and if not fully fit, will be a problem. But, he has goals in him, and even if not 100% the manager obviously feels he's a better option that many, which says a lot too.

He doesn't have to be in the class of Souness or Gerrard. He's not going up against the level of opposition that they went up against!

Some downright pricks spouting downright nonsense.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3905: Feb 04, 2016 11:24:17 pm
      He was just calling a spade, a spade.

He doesn't have to be fit to lace Gerrard's, Alonso's, or whoever's boots. He's not going up against midfields of Essien, Lampard, Makalele, Keane, Vieria, Scholes, Carrick, etc. The standard of competition has changed so he doesn't have to be of the level that was previously required.

Are you seriously asking what else he's ever done in a Liverpool shirt? F**k off. The past two seasons (13/14 and 14/15) he has more assists than any other midfielder from open play in the league.

Who are these midfield players with bollocks in other teams in the league? Again, the days of Gerrard, Souness, Keane, Vieira, Lampard, Scholes, etc. are gone. There aren't any players in the league as good as any of them, let alone midfielders.

Very basic. Rightttt. That's why he still assists a tonne of goals. His passing range is excellent. He is consistent as well. He's been sh*te the last couple of games and taken off because of his injury. That is quite obvious. He's one of the best midfielders in the league. Saying he wouldn't get into Leicester's team is absolutely ridiculous. He's not better than Kante? Really? And f**king Drinkwater? Behave. He'd get into most teams in the league at the moment because most of the midfielders in the league aren't great!

You've not got a f**king clue about his leadership ability either. None of us do. You're not in the changing room every match, you don't see what goes on behind the scenes at Melwood.
      Do you sniff glue? Seriously,  or are you 5 yrs old?
      There can be no other reason for that post.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3906: Feb 04, 2016 11:26:22 pm

Pick it apart then!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3907: Feb 04, 2016 11:49:18 pm

" one of the best midfielders in the league"
      How is that for starters?
      Do you actually watch him play?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3908: Feb 04, 2016 11:52:49 pm
      " one of the best midfielders in the league"
      How is that for starters?
      Do you actually watch him play?

Yeah, I do. Funnily enough I can remember more than the last three games.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #3909: Feb 05, 2016 12:27:39 am

:lmao: I was about to reply saying something similar to him until I seen this.

No need for me to reply now.

Quick Reply