Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 733595 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4669: Aug 29, 2016 01:21:36 am
      Sorry, bringing up stats mean little to show he if a player is a good tackler, passer etc

Stats on their own are worthless, mind you, so are eyewitnesses.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #4670: Aug 29, 2016 10:01:04 am
      Sorry, bringing up stats mean little to show he if a player is a good tackler, passer etc..
      Well they're quite useful when replying to somebody saying "Does he ever win a challenge? "

Stats obviously do not tell the whole story, and are no substitute for good subjective judgement ( I don't mean that "subjective" sarcastically - all judgement is subjective, doesn't mean its not accurate).

But stats do tell you something. If somebody says a player can't tackle, but stats show him tackling quite a lot, and winning a lot of them, then its pretty good evidence they are wrong. I'm not going to start looking into Hendo's long term tackling stats - I've not got that much time on my hands - but my subjective judgement is that his tackling is decent. If somebody goes through his tackling stats and they are sh*t, then it would probably mean I'm wrong.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #4671: Sep 08, 2016 10:55:56 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4672: Sep 09, 2016 08:20:44 am
      Just an observation - do you see the way the argument that 'Jürgen knows best' is often used when it comes to the players he picks; why does that not apply to Jordan?

Surely anyone, who applies that logic, for say Firmino, must be consistent and hold it to be 'true' for Hendo.  :confused-smiley-013:

Don't get me wrong here - if you don't fancy Jordan or believe Jürgen is wrong for keeping him, wrong to keep picking him and wrong to keep him as Captain (even tho' you just knew he wouldn't  :laugh:), that's fair enough. It's all about opinions/discussion after all, you are right to voice those concerns and I fully accept that...

As long as you don't tell me I'm not allowed to question any other aspect of Jürgen's decision making.  :P

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2016 08:31:49 am by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #4673: Sep 09, 2016 12:25:13 pm
      Just an observation - do you see the way the argument that 'Jürgen knows best' is often used when it comes to the players he picks; why does that not apply to Jordan?

Surely anyone, who applies that logic, for say Firmino, must be consistent and hold it to be 'true' for Hendo.  :confused-smiley-013:

Some of us have been consistent in this regard.  Hendo certainly isn't my favorite player, but just like Moreno, the criticism of him has been way over the top.  He clearly has shown enough for Klopp to:

1.  Keep him at the club -- could have sold him
      2.  Keep him as Captain
      3.  Keep selecting him to start most games

Anyone who wants the manager to be given time and support to build the side he wants must also extend that grace to Hendo :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #4674: Sep 10, 2016 08:06:47 pm
      Fair play to him, he played a blinder today.

Keep proving us wrong Jordan, today was his best performance since 2013/14. Intercepted well, and some amazing through balls for two goals. Keep it up.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4675: Sep 10, 2016 08:23:39 pm
      Fair play to him, he played a blinder today.

Keep proving us wrong Jordan, today was his best performance since 2013/14. Intercepted well, and some amazing through balls for two goals. Keep it up.

I thought he had a good game mate, played a 'blinder' is a little o.t.t for me, it was an 8/10 performance but the he has always been capable of a good game from time to time. The challenge for him (and all of our CMs) is to string several of those together in a row.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4676: Sep 10, 2016 09:02:11 pm
      he is a diesel engine he has little or no change of pace and a little challenged in the footballing brain department. I just think being Capt doesn't help the lad especially after having Stevie win so many games for us.
      PLaying much better now and its clear Jürgen rates him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4677: Sep 10, 2016 09:08:11 pm
      He released the ball for Mane's goal and for Firmino's second so he's clearly got something when he's thinking in an attacking way. His finishing could definitely do with some work though, he's had so many of those chances that he ends up just skying over.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #4678: Sep 11, 2016 03:06:55 am
      I thought he had a good game mate, played a 'blinder' is a little o.t.t for me, it was an 8/10 performance but the he has always been capable of a good game from time to time. The challenge for him (and all of our CMs) is to string several of those together in a row.

Okay, not a 'blinder' in the Gerrard sense but a very encouraging one nonetheless. Debate over captaincy but he's more than capable of being a useful squad player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4679: Sep 11, 2016 04:50:07 am
      Was good today. Didn't have much to do off the ball but did his job well and a great ball for Mané.

Was funny seeing the difference between Matip and Hendo's reactions when the Leicester goal was scored.

Hendo's head dropped and Matip is clapping and encouraging.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4680: Sep 11, 2016 08:12:49 am
      Still here, still being picked, still Captain and that sticks in the craw of 'fans' who just knew none of that would happen. :lmao:

Although you have the odd one or two fans who never F**k up reminding us that they believe Jürgen is wrong about the lad, (because even tho' they are too yellow to admit it, that's actually what they are doing); I can see why he rates Jordan.

I am biased tho' (I like all our players  :laugh:)

Joking aside... the lad had a fine game yesterday and instigated attack after attack. :nod:
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016 08:39:31 am by bad boy bubby »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #4681: Sep 11, 2016 01:39:43 pm
      Credit where credit is due, Henderson had a very good game.

Just needs to sort out that hesitation before shooting (you can physically see his mind going all over the place as he steps up to strike)

Plus he needs to up his game when the chips are down.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4682: Sep 11, 2016 09:23:26 pm
      A captain's performance and just edges it, for me, in the man of the match poll.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4683: Sep 12, 2016 09:36:57 am
      He still should have stuck that chance away.

Every time a ball drops in that position and the camera is slow to pick up the on coming player, I think Steviiiieeeeeeee.!!!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #4684: Sep 12, 2016 09:54:14 am
      Fantastic performance and hopefully many more to come, but he should've buried that chance.

Stick the laces through it Jordan lad, none of this side foot nonsense.

Can't remember the games, but I've noticed him do it a few times with the side foot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4685: Sep 12, 2016 12:23:39 pm
      Apart from missing the sitter he played much better, keep that up Jordan and I might even start liking you as a Liverpool player ;-)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #4686: Sep 12, 2016 01:14:22 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4687: Sep 12, 2016 03:33:20 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/775334671014068224

A bit skewed after the Burnley game, probably, but an achievement nonetheless!

Past two games have been good.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #4688: Sep 12, 2016 10:16:06 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4689: Sep 12, 2016 10:58:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/775334671014068224

A bit skewed after the Burnley game, probably, but an achievement nonetheless!

Past two games have been good.

Re watched the match vs Leicester, and whilst he kept things simple, it just wasn't good enough for a DM. There were many times he could have fed the ball into the central areas when we had players behind their midfield, but he chose to play the simple option(the reason why his pass completion is so high), same with the other matches he played in this season and the ones before that when he's in a deeper role.

I think he should replace Wijnaldum with Lucas returning to midfield vs Chelsea imo.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4690: Sep 13, 2016 12:06:29 am

I think he should replace Wijnaldum with Lucas returning to midfield vs Chelsea imo.

Do you not think we should play the same team that just battered the league champions?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4691: Sep 13, 2016 03:40:29 pm
      Do you not think we should play the same team that just battered the league champions?

With Lucas back and hopefully Lovren, I would love to see Hendo playing in his natural role.

Quick Reply