Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 733836 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4968: Jan 14, 2017 03:39:13 pm
      Is he fit for tomorrow?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #4969: Jan 14, 2017 03:41:12 pm
      Stats don't lie and they show the two best DM's in the league are Kante and Hendo.

Dier has no where near the passing or shooting ability of Hendo.

De Rossi - a 33 year old from the Italian league - laughable suggestion.

Alonso - too old now for a Klopp team.

Busquets - not pulling up any trees this season when he has been most needed.

Matic - needs Kante to hold his hand.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #4970: Jan 14, 2017 03:45:19 pm
      Stats most definitely CAN lie, but you're still right about Kante and Hendo!  Carrick would have a claim in the eyes of some, but not for me.

I don't get the criticism of him, ever since 2013 we've struggled when we've been without him. 

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4971: Jan 14, 2017 04:35:14 pm
      Stats most definitely CAN lie, but you're still right about Kante and Hendo!  Carrick would have a claim in the eyes of some, but not for me.

I don't get the criticism of him, ever since 2013 we've struggled when we've been without him. 

Statistics can never lie, they are factual outcomes of a specific question.

May be the question being asked is the wrong question, thus giving misleading statistics.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4972: Jan 14, 2017 06:01:56 pm
      Oh Swabber , you've got a hard on for me havn't you?  Just couldn't help yerself could you? Just why are you so clingy & needy?

You don't need to be so insecure , i've read loads of your posts and while the're mainly boring , obvious drivel , your grammar is outstanding.
      By the way , i always have a smile on my face.

Deary me.
      What a silly person you are.

Perhaps the delights of trolling pass me by, or perhaps I'm simply too mature to engage with cockwombles.

Call me old fashioned, but the highlight of my weekend is not pretending to be a LFC supporter who goes on forums to annoy people.
      In fact I see that as rather pointless indicating you're a rather lonely person.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4973: Jan 14, 2017 06:06:46 pm
      Statistics can never lie, they are factual outcomes of a specific question.

May be the question being asked is the wrong question, thus giving misleading statistics.

They can't lie, but they can be manipulated or misrepresented.
      Neither of which apply to Hendersons stats imo.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4974: Jan 14, 2017 06:20:41 pm
      Deary me.
      What a silly person you are.

Perhaps the delights of trolling pass me by, or perhaps I'm simply too mature to engage with cockwombles.

Call me old fashioned, but the highlight of my weekend is not pretending to be a LFC supporter who goes on forums to annoy people.
      In fact I see that as rather pointless indicating you're a rather lonely person.

So as well as being needy & insecure , your psychic also ? I believe a Troll would see you as easy meat. " Here are my buttons , please press them ! "  Go away.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4975: Jan 14, 2017 06:30:35 pm
      So as well as being needy & insecure , your you're psychic also ? I believe a Troll would see you as easy meat. " Here are my buttons , please press them ! "  Go away.

Again, deary me.
      Pretends to be a Liverpool fan just to troll a forum with incessant stupidity.
      I bet your bookmarks is just full of the forums of different clubs and you troll a couple every day as you while away the lonely hours in Moms basement, because you've been banned from masturbating.
      Must be hard to type with the boxing gloves mommy makes you wear so that you'll leave your peepee alone.

If you want to try and wind me up lad, you'll need better bait, but probably best not to bother as I am about to make use of the ignore function.
      Tata now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4976: Jan 14, 2017 06:49:51 pm

Bloody hope so mate!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4977: Jan 14, 2017 08:55:34 pm
      Stats don't lie and they show the two best DM's in the league are Kante and Hendo.

Dier has no where near the passing or shooting ability of Hendo.

De Rossi - a 33 year old from the Italian league - laughable suggestion.

Alonso - too old now for a Klopp team.

Busquets - not pulling up any trees this season when he has been most needed.

Matic - needs Kante to hold his hand.
      Henderson is miles behind them all in footballing ability .
      Matic needs Kante to hold his hand ? Jesus!!    Try being objective , for once.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4978: Jan 14, 2017 08:59:24 pm

Can you objectively answer whether Henderson has made a telling contribution to our fantastic first half of the season or have the team been doing it despite him?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4979: Jan 14, 2017 09:01:47 pm
      Again, deary me.
      Pretends to be a Liverpool fan just to troll a forum with incessant stupidity.
      I bet your bookmarks is just full of the forums of different clubs and you troll a couple every day as you while away the lonely hours in Moms basement, because you've been banned from masturbating.
      Must be hard to type with the boxing gloves mommy makes you wear so that you'll leave your peepee alone.

If you want to try and wind me up lad, you'll need better bait, but probably best not to bother as I am about to make use of the ignore function.
      Tata now.

Why tell anyone you're putting them on ignore? ( see the way i took his advice on grammar )  Now Swab isn't gona see this but what is wrong with masturbating ? Really? There are actually people out there against masturbating? Why exactly ?

Now , back on topic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4980: Jan 14, 2017 09:17:06 pm

Not miles behind, but I do get where you are coming from. Ask yourself this, can any of those players dominate off the ball like our Hendo? Like Kante? Like Masch when he used to play there? Like Makelele?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4981: Jan 14, 2017 09:32:00 pm
      Can you objectively answer whether Henderson has made a telling contribution to our fantastic first half of the season or have the team been doing it despite him?

Okay , let me say this first of all. We havn't had a fantastic first half of the season. We have been better but by no means fantastic. Our league is of a poor standard ( IMO ) There is only two world class strikers ( Costa , Aguero ) and no world class defenders or midfielders . Plus one world class GK  ( De Gea )

We have a lot of ordinary players ( Mignolet , Karius , Clyne , Lovren , Can , Gini , Milner , Origi , Henderson , Firminho  ) None of these players consistently perform  for 90 minutes but get away with it because if the poor quality of the opposition . That's why the top of the table is so congested. The quality of football has been poor on the whole in our league, i mean look at Man U ?

Henderson is a good athlete ( probably a nice fella ) but he is lacking in genuine quality to be put in the " Great midfielder " bracket. Seriously , how long have you been watching football that you are unable to recognize mediocrity simply because it wears the shirt of the team you support ?

Let's talk objectively , on this forum ? I've read poster's on this forum say Alex Ferguson had success only because of luck , referee's , the media , money and blah , blah , blah.

I've supported LFC since 1978 and when i was younger ( especially in the early nineties ) i hated everything about every team that had success but now i respect and enjoy good football and good footballers. I've seen truly great player's and i 've seen poor footballers . Henderson is average at best. But let's face it , in this league at this time , the bar hasn't been set that high.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4982: Jan 14, 2017 09:36:34 pm
      Okay , let me say this first of all. We havn't had a fantastic first half of the season. We have been better but by no means fantastic. Our league is of a poor standard ( IMO ) There is only two world class strikers ( Costa , Aguero ) and no world class defenders or midfielders . Plus one world class GK  ( De Gea )

We have a lot of ordinary players ( Mignolet , Karius , Clyne , Lovren , Can , Gini , Milner , Origi , Henderson , Firminho  ) None of these players consistently perform  for 90 minutes but get away with it because if the poor quality of the opposition . That's why the top of the table is so congested. The quality of football has been poor on the whole in our league, i mean look at Man U ?

Henderson is a good athlete ( probably a nice fella ) but he is lacking in genuine quality to be put in the " Great midfielder " bracket. Seriously , how long have you been watching football that you are unable to recognize mediocrity simply because it wears the shirt of the team you support ?

Let's talk objectively , on this forum ? I've read poster's on this forum say Alex Ferguson had success only because of luck , referee's , the media , money and blah , blah , blah.

I've supported LFC since 1978 and when i was younger ( especially in the early nineties ) i hated everything about every team that had success but now i respect and enjoy good football and good footballers. I've seen truly great player's and i 've seen poor footballers . Henderson is average at best. But let's face it , in this league at this time , the bar hasn't been set that high.

Good post very true
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4983: Jan 14, 2017 09:43:20 pm
      Not miles behind, but I do get where you are coming from. Ask yourself this, can any of those players dominate off the ball like our Hendo? Like Kante? Like Masch when he used to play there? Like Makelele?
      That's it though Monkey , i don't think he does dominate. In fact that's one of his main flaws ( IMO ) when the team starts to fold , Henderson shrinks , when the team is on top he still hits the ball back and sideways when under no pressure. He's not the reason for the defeat or the win , he's just not that influencial .

Your right about Makelele though. He is without doubt the template for DM's . Superb. Although i would put Didi Hamman  into that bracket.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4984: Jan 14, 2017 10:03:03 pm

It's all relative surely? If we win the league it will be a fantastic season regardless of the quality (or your perception of it) amongst the other teams unless of course we would all be celebrating whilst you bemoan that it was a tainted achievement.

Surely it is also relative to the previous season? last year we got nowhere near the top four, is year we are in the midst of a title challenge (albeit one with several other sides).

Obviously we have a tough game tomorrow and we'll no more when it's finished but our results against the other top sides have been excellent. We won at the Bridge, won at the Emirates, beat City at home and drew with Spurs and the mancs. It's been a very good start and a big improvement on last season thus far.

If your opinion of the league is so poor I wonder that you should stick to La Liga? For myself, I'm enjoying the progress we have made this season, I have enjoyed the performances and progress of Henderson (a player I had written off earlier in this thread), and I'm enjoying the competitive nature of the league this season.
      Albert S Park
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #4985: Jan 14, 2017 10:15:42 pm
      Not a great player, far from it, but consistently does what the Manager asks of him.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4986: Jan 14, 2017 10:18:02 pm
      It's all relative surely? If we win the league it will be a fantastic season regardless of the quality (or your perception of it) amongst the other teams unless of course we would all be celebrating whilst you bemoan that it was a tainted achievement.

Surely it is also relative to the previous season? last year we got nowhere near the top four, is year we are in the midst of a title challenge (albeit one with several other sides).

Obviously we have a tough game tomorrow and we'll no more when it's finished but our results against the other top sides have been excellent. We won at the Bridge, won at the Emirates, beat City at home and drew with Spurs and the mancs. It's been a very good start and a big improvement on last season thus far.

If your opinion of the league is so poor I wonder that you should stick to La Liga? For myself, I'm enjoying the progress we have made this season, I have enjoyed the performances and progress of Henderson (a player I had written off earlier in this thread), and I'm enjoying the competitive nature of the league this season.

What? Don't agree with the flock so go watch La Liga ? Yawn . No one is telling you not to enjoy our league position ( i am ) but you're doing what many on here do. You are taking genuine apprehension as a personal dig at you. Take a deep breath , then have  a think.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4987: Jan 14, 2017 10:24:41 pm
      Not a great player, far from it, but consistently does what the Manager asks of him.
      Except you don't know that for sure do you? I'm guessing the manager doesn't tell him to pass back , sideways and give the ball away. Which he does regularly . He strikes the ball poorly regularly but strikes it good rarely. Like i have said , people confuse athletic ability with footballing ability.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4988: Jan 14, 2017 10:36:43 pm
      What? Don't agree with the flock so go watch La Liga ? Yawn . No one is telling you not to enjoy our league position ( i am ) but you're doing what many on here do. You are taking genuine apprehension as a personal dig at you. Take a deep breath , then have  a think.

Not at all, I'm pretty chilled fella, game of opinions and all that but I just find your posting style quite abrasive/inflammatory and I also suspect you are fully aware of this, and quite enjoy the reaction it generates from a good number of posters.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4989: Jan 14, 2017 11:19:59 pm
      That's it though Monkey , i don't think he does dominate. In fact that's one of his main flaws ( IMO ) when the team starts to fold , Henderson shrinks , when the team is on top he still hits the ball back and sideways when under no pressure. He's not the reason for the defeat or the win , he's just not that influencial .

I too don't think he is as influential when on the ball, and we are usually in possession for the majority of the match, aren't we? He doesn't take command when on the ball like how Gerrard and Alonso did, not even like how Lucas does....actually, you know what? I rate Spearing's ball playing ability over Hendo, but that's not the point. The point is, not only have we finally replaced Masch, but we also have a player tailor made for Klopp's deeper midfielder role.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #4990: Jan 15, 2017 12:08:09 am

I don't have the time or inclination to bother putting up the stats but Henderson absolutely destroys Matic in every indicator from Duels Won, successful tackles to the number of succesful forward passes etc etc despite not playing with a player like Kante.

Just Go away soft lad and stop embarrassing yourself.

Quick Reply