Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Ronaldinho to Chavs?

Read 6843 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Ronaldinho to Chavs?
      Aug 27, 2007 07:52:36 am

I wouldn't normally invite comment on Chavs transfer speculation but the way this is written reminds me of the amazing spending power they have and how we should be aiming to meet that benchmark.

We already know that his money has bought them two league titles.If the speculation is right it showsa clear message of intent to re-capture the premiership title.

Makes me wonder if we have the financial muscle to match such an audacious offer or are we still light years away from matching Chav spending power?

Here is the article from todays Mail...

SPORTSMAIL WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Roman Abramovich has held two meetings with Ronaldinho's brother and adviser, the second in London this weekend, in the hope of bringing the Barcelona superstar to Chelsea. In the most audacious transfer business of his Chelsea tenure the Russian billionaire spent the weekend entertaining Roberto de Assis Moreira and is understood to have put an offer to him that would make the Brazil star the highest paid player in Europe...

Lets see how this one developes..
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Re: Ronaldinho to Chavs?
      Reply #1: Aug 27, 2007 08:11:30 am
      If this were to happen I would imagine it would involve fat frank going the other way,
      and a sh*t load of cash because fat frank isn't worth half of ronaldinho
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #2: Aug 27, 2007 10:14:20 am
      Would be the end of Ronaldinho's career if he went there. Imagine leaving an attacking football team like Barca for the defensive, not always honest tactics of Chelsea.
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2007 11:04:34 am
      Would be the end of Ronaldinho's career if he went there. Imagine leaving an attacking football team like Barca for the defensive, not always honest tactics of Chelsea.

I tottaly agree lokk at thr other players hu av ruiend there carears,

glen johnson - very promsing rb
      del horno - lucky only stayed a season but would of been the same outcome
      tal ben hiem - as soon as carvaliho is fit he is fu**ed
      shaun wrght philips - heis startin to work hw was in the team but who noes
      shevchnco
      n many many many more

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Aug 27, 2007 11:35:07 am
      I tottaly agree lokk at thr other players hu av ruiend there carears,

glen johnson - very promsing rb
      del horno - lucky only stayed a season but would of been the same outcome
      tal ben hiem - as soon as carvaliho is fit he is fu**ed
      shaun wrght philips - heis startin to work hw was in the team but who noes
      shevchnco
      n many many many more

Now when your back to school, please take more notice in your spelling classes ;)
      we do have a spell check button.

I wonder how much the transfer fee would be ?, and wage's - the highest in Europe.
      Don't worry Beckham, he won't earn as much as you !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2007 12:05:00 pm
      On SSN it was stated the a get out clause was £85,000,000! I can't see it happening. But aparently Barca need money to finance the Alves deal? so you never know.
      evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2007 01:38:45 pm
      Now when your back to school, please take more notice in your spelling classes ;)
      we do have a spell check button.

I wonder how much the transfer fee would be ?, and wage's - the highest in Europe.
      Don't worry Beckham, he won't earn as much as you !

Were you being ironic here?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2007 04:58:51 pm
      I hope he doesn't go to Skumsea I quite like watching Ronaldinho play his game is unlike any other attacking midfielder come striker I have ever seen and is always enjoyable to watch (except against us of course) and his set pieces are usually hit with laser precision.  He is too good for them in my opinion and could do a lot better.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2007 09:04:48 pm
      If ronaldhinho does end up at chelsea then i can't see mourinho staying there for too long.  Because if Chivchenko can flop under moronhio then so can ronaldhinio.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Aug 28, 2007 02:22:17 am
      No way.  Chelsea think they can sign anyone and everyone don't they.  Little tw*ts.

TBH they can do what they want.  They won't win the League this year!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 28, 2007 09:09:07 am
      Is anyone of the opinion that we should also be in the market for Ronaldinho or aren't our pockets deep enough for such a player?

Could Gillette and Hicks raise 50 mill to sign such a player?

Or are we still a way off the market for such Galactico's?

I think so long as they spend carefully and do not borrow to borrow (if you know what I mean) then we should be on a level par with them.

I don't want to wait until the new ground is built and rely onthat income before we sign the 'star' player and then can claim to be challenging for the prem and all other comps.

Maybe I am just greedy (and unrealistic) but I want the title and the big players!!!!!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Aug 28, 2007 05:00:36 pm
      Is anyone of the opinion that we should also be in the market for Ronaldinho or aren't our pockets deep enough for such a player?

I think so long as they spend carefully and do not borrow to borrow (if you know what I mean) then we should be on a level par with them.

I don't want to wait until the new ground is built and rely onthat income before we sign the 'star' player and then can claim to be challenging for the prem and all other comps.

Maybe I am just greedy (and unrealistic) but I want the title and the big players!!!!!!!

To be honest, we don't really need big players to win the title! Just a good team! And that's exactly what we've got here!

Buying Ronaldinho would be a wonderful spectacle, but when you toy with the idea of bringing in a player who would  change the entire team set-up you already have, I think it's a little unrealistic and very un-Rafa like!
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Aug 28, 2007 05:04:18 pm

I'd like to think that if Rafa wanted to go for him then the owners would back him with the cash
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Aug 28, 2007 05:09:30 pm
      I'd like to think that if Rafa wanted to go for him then the owners would back him with the cash

As the owners have already said, they'd fund a bid for 'Snoogy Doogy' if Rafa wanted him! So I don't doubt them for a minute!

But if Rafa fancied a pop at Ronaldinho he would have tried it on a while back!
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #14: Aug 28, 2007 05:14:10 pm
      It's all very well to want Ronaldinho but how would he fit into the side?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Aug 28, 2007 05:20:15 pm
      It's all very well to want Ronaldinho but how would he fit into the side?

I couldn't see him fitting in at all!

Any team who got him would have to play in 4-5-1 or 4-3-3! 4-5-1 would be the best option for us but you couldn't imagine Rafa spening the whole summer shaping our team and then changing the set-up at the end of the transfer window!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #16: Aug 28, 2007 05:53:25 pm
      I don't think we can afford him infact can anyone outside chelsea afford him.  I think 60m is the absolute minimum,  its probably going to take meeting the buy-out clause which is believed to be around 80m to realistically purchase him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Aug 29, 2007 09:45:38 am
      No way, no how is he coming to the premier league. He wouldnt be able to cope against defences in the prem. Chelsea would kill his career anyway, they are boring and dull to watch while Ronaldinho is a player who makes you stand up off your seat in excitment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,326 posts | 8602 
      Reply #18: Aug 30, 2007 04:00:00 pm
      I want to know what benchmark is being set first, Chelsea to become the first team to buy a player for 100 million, F***ing let them. I want Torres to be a hit, but I get as much joy watching a player like Voronin, who cost nothing grabbing goals.

Why the big deal with how much money is spent, I'd say over the last ten years some of better players have been those that have cost nothing or been brought through from the youth set-up.

Soft-arse roman still thinks splashing cash all over the shop will bring him the trophy he wants most - the European cup.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 31, 2007 07:50:39 am
      What bothers me about this is, why is Abmramovich transfering players? He knows f*ckall about football!

Was it not him who transfered shevchenko against Mourinho's advise?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #20: Aug 31, 2007 07:53:36 am
      What bothers me about this is, why is Abmramovich transfering players? He knows f*ckall about football!

Was it not him who transfered shevchenko against Mourinho's advise?

And look what a success he was last season, maybe he will do the same this season and buy someone, anyone for £30 million and expect than to be a hit.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #21: Aug 31, 2007 07:55:12 am
      Noway he would come over here if he was to leave hed go to Italy anyway Eto is out for a few months now cant see Barca letting Ronaldinho go now.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Aug 31, 2007 06:17:15 pm
      I hope he doesn't.. I love Ronaldinho I think he's brilliant, I hope he doesn't ruin his life by moving to London :'(

Quick Reply