Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98709 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1587: Aug 25, 2011 12:23:08 am
       Aquilani is probably going to Milan, and the reason is they are the only club who'll have him. If there was anybody else, they'd come in with a better offer. It really is as simple as that, and as much as people wriggle around and try and muddy the waters, you cannot escape the most simple laws of economics.

If you sell your house, it's value is dictated by how much somebody is prepared to pay for it. It's madness having a house which falls over every time the wind blows and then trying to convince yourself that it's the best one on the street. The market dicates the value of the player. It's as simple as that.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1588: Aug 25, 2011 12:24:26 am
      Aquilani is probably going to Milan, and the reason is they are the only club who'll have him.

Bullshit.

You can't possibly know that.

For all you know, his agent has knocked back all other clubs because AA wants to ONLY go to Milan.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1589: Aug 25, 2011 12:28:09 am
      Bullshit.

You can't possibly know that.

For all you know, his agent has knocked back all other clubs because AA wants to ONLY go to Milan.

His agent doesn't decide who we accept an offer off, we do. I do wish before you come in and start getting all excited over yourself you'd think about what you are typing. When being sensible, you do occasionally make some salient points. Unfortunately, there are far too many occasions where you lose the plot and post something bizarre.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1590: Aug 25, 2011 12:29:22 am

His agent doesn't decide who we accept an offer off, we do. I do wish before you come in and start getting all excited over yourself you'd think about what you are typing. When being sensible, you do occasionally make some salient points. Unfortunately, there are far too many occasions where you lose the plot and post something bizarre.

Hmm, like you coming into the match thread and saying Adam was playing sh*te when he was actually having a decent game.

F**k off pal, you're a wum.

It might amuse you and your cronies in wimbledon to come on here acting the big time charlie, but some of us want to discuss football without having to wade through your brand of bullshit every 5 minutes.

Ta-ra.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1591: Aug 25, 2011 12:32:18 am
      Aquilani is probably going to Milan, and the reason is they are the only club who'll have him.

Serie A: 18 (reigning champions)
      Coppa Italia: 5
      Supercoppa Italiana: 6 (reigning champions)

UEFA Champions League: 7
      UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 2
      UEFA Super Cup: 5

Intercontinental Cup: 3
      FIFA Club World Cup: 1

I hope you realize how ridiculous your statement sounds ...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1592: Aug 25, 2011 12:32:24 am
      Hmm, like you coming into the match thread and saying Adam was playing sh*te when he was actually having a decent game.

F**k off pal, you're a wum.

It might amuse you and your cronies in wimbledon to come on here acting the big time charlie, but some of us want to discuss football without having to wade through your brand of bullshit every 5 minutes.

Ta-ra.

Yes there's no talking sense with some people unfortunately. See you next time.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1593: Aug 25, 2011 12:34:17 am
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1594: Aug 25, 2011 12:34:22 am
      How convenient for the haters brigade ... Last summer, Aquilani has stated his commitment to the club, and his desire to make an impact at LFC ... Despite that, Cecil and Roy have sent him on loan, in order to make room on our wage bill for their marquee signing Joe Cole ... If I was in Alberto's place, I would be really pissed off, especially considering Joe Cole's contribution to our team ...

No hater here, but pretty naive of you to think a statement any professional athlete would make is necessarily sincere. All you and other supporters last week and the week before were moaning about was keeping him and he would do his best because he was a "professional player" and would "do a job". Now that he is on his way out, for nothing means, he either forced the move, or nobody really want's him...simple.

Now the excuse is that he was treated unfairly and the knife in his back was Joe Cole?...please....professiona ls don't need they're ego stroked...professionals push forward despite adversity, No it is simply one of two things here....1.) not rated by LFC or other clubs for that matter, as we are not willing to keep him and nobody want's to spend money on him. 2.) not really ready to fight for his place here and wants to be in Italy which his agent has been pushing since the loan ended with Juva...it's one or the other and there is no 3rd option.

The only thing good about any of this is you all can discuss him to your heart's content over in general football right alongside Fernando Torres, Ryan Babel's twitters and Paul Konchesky memories.

Oh and what does Charile Adam have anything to do with Alberto, not much other than the manager rates one and not the other.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1595: Aug 25, 2011 12:34:35 am

No point mate - he only comes on here to try and wind people up.

Probably does it after closing with his wimbledon mates, after a few tots when they all think they are being clever.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1596: Aug 25, 2011 12:38:23 am

Ah right I get your point I think. You're saying they've got a rich history (they have) and the fact that they appear to want him on a freebie is actually quite a feather in Alberto's cap. You might even be right. I suppose it is a given also that someone like Ipswich would definately take him on a free also, so it's not factually correct to say that "nobody" wants him (on a practical free). Fair enough, I stand corrected.
      No point mate - he only comes on here to try and wind people up.

Probably does it after closing with his wimbledon mates, after a few tots when they all think they are being clever.

His "wimbledon mates" ;D. I do live in Wimbledon fella yes, sorry about that. To think you're the one who goes on about "Xenophobia" (innit) and judging players by where they come from too. Incredible really.

Back into the real world anyway, I personally don't think it overly matters where you come from when you are judging footballers.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1597: Aug 25, 2011 12:56:47 am
      Ah right I get your point I think. You're saying they've got a rich history (they have) and the fact that they appear to want him on a freebie is actually quite a feather in Alberto's cap. You might even be right. I suppose it is a given also that someone like Ipswich would definately take him on a free also, so it's not factually correct to say that "nobody" wants him (on a practical free). Fair enough, I stand corrected.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1598: Aug 25, 2011 01:00:15 am
       ;D I like that. Fair play.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1599: Aug 25, 2011 01:07:28 am
      Maybe more factual to say that no f**ker seems willing to pay their money up front for him. Or maybe its Albert is very choosy and doesn't mind costing Liverpool millions as long as he gets what he wants? Apparently he is so desperate to get back to his wife and child that he will do anything....... anything except take a pay cut!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1600: Aug 25, 2011 01:59:02 am

According to the latest reports, the agreed fee for the permanent deal is €8 million, and it becomes activated once he makes 25 appearances for them ... Personally, I still think that it is a relatively low fee, but that is probably the best we could get at the weak Italian market at the moment ... Looking at their transfer activity this summer, I have noticed that the record transfer fees paid by Italian clubs were Ibrahimovic to AC Milan (€24 million) and Cavani to Napoli (€16 million) ... Compared to the fees being paid in England and Spain, that is practically pocket change ...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1601: Aug 25, 2011 07:25:02 am
      They however managed to sell their players for alot, though.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1602: Aug 25, 2011 09:33:46 am
      Not if his agent is only negotiating with Milan, probably for a kickback.

Italian football is extremely corrupt.

Get it........?

FFS, anyone would think that you guys have never experienced transfer transactions with Italian clubs before...

AA wants to go to Italy.  He has never expressed a preference for one club over another.

This deal is all over the press, I suspect that other top clubs in Italy have heard about it.  Who gives a F**k who is agent is talking to or how corrupt he is? If Lazio, Inter, Roma, Juve all rated Alberto Aquilani, they would not be letting AC get him for a beano and the 1974 Yugoslavian subbuteo team.  They would be calling Liverpool directly and offering more.  Unless they want one of their main rivals to get a world class player on the cheap?  That is not corrupt, it is insane.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1603: Aug 25, 2011 10:12:39 am
      They however managed to sell their players for alot, though.

Of course they did ... Overall, there is a huge costs cutting operation underway at the big Italian clubs ... Since the introduction of the collective TV deal last year, the big Italian clubs are losing a lot of money, because they are no longer capable of making separate lucrative TV deals ... The distribution of the TV money has changed drastically, and the clubs like AC Milan, Juventus, Inter and AS Roma are the biggest losers of it ... The main reason why young and super-talented players like Sanchez or Pastore have been sold outside the Serie A is the fact that the big Italian clubs can no longer afford to pay huge transfer fees and wages ...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #1604: Aug 25, 2011 10:17:46 am
      His agent is not above shall we say a self serving agenda and his previous conduct and utterings only serve to compound the suggestion.
      By association Alberto can be tarred with the same brush although for different objectives, perhaps not as corrupt but equally self serving.
      The combination of these ingredients with the added facet of a predatory Italian bone stripper of a club have contributed to the foul up which LFC now contemplates, undoubtedly Rafa could have navigated his way through the Latino minefield and possibly pull an equible solution out of the hat - Kenny doesn't have the Latino mindset and will make a straightforward decision in his no nonesense way to bring the saga to the best conclusion he can.  
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1605: Aug 25, 2011 10:29:34 am
      Nah, what we needed was Roy his 35 years experience and his greater knowledge of the Italian game. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #1606: Aug 25, 2011 11:18:10 am
      Nah, what we needed was Roy his 35 years experience and his greater knowledge of the Italian game. :D
      Don't forget the mind games with his face rubbing routine, always had me baffled!
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #1607: Aug 25, 2011 11:38:36 am
      According to the latest reports, the agreed fee for the permanent deal is €8 million, and it becomes activated once he makes 25 appearances for them ... Personally, I still think that it is a relatively low fee, but that is probably the best we could get at the weak Italian market at the moment ... Looking at their transfer activity this summer, I have noticed that the record transfer fees paid by Italian clubs were Ibrahimovic to AC Milan (€24 million) and Cavani to Napoli (€16 million) ... Compared to the fees being paid in England and Spain, that is practically pocket change ...

I agree.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1608: Aug 25, 2011 11:39:35 am

"La Gazzetta dello Sport" reports that Aquilani will join Milan on loan, with an obligation to buy him the next summer for 6 million plus bonuses, if he makes over 20 appearances ... As for his contract details: He will earn €2 million in his first season with Milan, and €2.5 million for the next two years if Milan sign him ... It seems that he has taken a 50% pay-cut in order to join them ... Aquilani arrived in Italy last night [Wednesday] around 22:00 CET and went straight to his hotel ... This morning he will undergo a series of medical check-ups which will be followed by the official signing ...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1609: Aug 25, 2011 11:51:41 am
      Does that mean we are not paying part of his wages then?  That would be something I guess......

Quick Reply