Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98707 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Jul 10, 2011 04:52:47 pm
      As I said 3 days ago.

Fiorentina interested in Aquilani.

Aquilani heading to Fiorentina?

http://www.football-italia.net/jul10w.html

Alberto Aquilani may get his wish of staying in Serie A after all, as Fiorentina are tracking the Liverpool man.

The midfielder spent last season on loan at Juventus and made it clear he wanted to remain in Italy, but the Bianconeri did not take up their option to make the move permanent.

Milan, Inter and Roma were also mentioned, but with no clubs willing to buy, he looked to be heading back to Anfield.

However, according to the latest reports in Italy, now Fiorentina have come forward with an offer for Aquilani.

Sky Sport Italia maintain he is the ideal replacement for Riccardo Montolivo, who is looking for a new club after rejecting a contract extension.

Aquilani would again join on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 02:29:17 pm by Reslivo »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2011 04:57:26 pm
      Not another F***ing loan deal, just F**k him off. He obviously doesn't want to be here.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2011 05:13:05 pm
      Another loan deal would be an absolute piss take.

Also, If I have to read the same arguments over and over again from another "Was sending Aquilani on loan a good move?" I'll  have to kill myself.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011 05:38:18 pm by Dannylfc »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2011 05:14:31 pm
      Given the number of central midfielders we have I wouldn't be so bothered this time around, just knew we sold ourselves short last time.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2011 05:16:09 pm
      This thread will be super productive.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2011 05:37:09 pm
      This thread will be super productive.

I'll have to agree with you there.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2011 06:00:59 pm

I'd quote this if I were you, we're in an Aquilani thread agreeing with each other.  Mods should seriously make this a news only thread - anything that's going to get posted in here has been done to death before.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2011 06:07:05 pm
      I'd quote this if I were you, we're in an Aquilani thread agreeing with each other.  Mods should seriously make this a news only thread - anything that's going to get posted in here has been done to death before.

Agreed. I hope this puts the rumours to bed that Aquilani wanted to come back to Liverpool.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2011 06:13:40 pm
      Agreed. I hope this puts the rumours to bed that Aquilani wanted to come back to Liverpool.

Well considering there's been no new developments in the matter, the situation hasn't changed one bit.

Fiorentina being interested in Aquilani only means exactly that.  It doesn't mean Aquilani isn't happy to play here, it means Fiorentina are interested in acquiring his services, there's no new quotes from him or anything to say otherwise.  In the past, Aquilani has stated he'd prefer to stay in Italy but would be happy to return to Liverpool.  If you like the guy, you'll take the "he'd be happy to return to Liverpool line", if you don't like the guy, you'll take the "he doesn't want to be in Liverpool" approach and if you're a look at the facts type of person, you'll go with "he'd be happy in Liverpool but happier in Italy".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2011 06:16:27 pm
      If you like the guy, you'll take the "he'd be happy to return to Liverpool line", if you don't like the guy, you'll take the "he doesn't want to be in Liverpool" approach and if you're a look at the facts type of person, you'll go with "he'd be happy in Liverpool but happier in Italy".

True that!
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2011 08:08:15 pm
      Were not going to get stung by the loan + buy option deal again are we .Better to sell him at a loss once and for all
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2011 08:41:05 pm
      Well considering there's been no new developments in the matter, the situation hasn't changed one bit.

Fiorentina being interested in Aquilani only means exactly that.  It doesn't mean Aquilani isn't happy to play here, it means Fiorentina are interested in acquiring his services, there's no new quotes from him or anything to say otherwise.  In the past, Aquilani has stated he'd prefer to stay in Italy but would be happy to return to Liverpool.  If you like the guy, you'll take the "he'd be happy to return to Liverpool line", if you don't like the guy, you'll take the "he doesn't want to be in Liverpool" approach and if you're a look at the facts type of person, you'll go with "he'd be happy in Liverpool but happier in Italy".

I have said all along that i think Aquilani doesn't want to come back here, what is your point?. I am a look at the facts type of man so the bit in bold tells me one thing, he wants to stay in Italy. Yet you are saying that i don't like the guy and am saying he doesn't want to come back to Liverpool?. Make your mind up will you please.

You have just answered your own question. If he'd be happier in Italy then he is not committed to Liverpool and i don't want a player with that attitude anywhere near Liverpool Football Club. If you do then that is fine, i'd rather have a player that wants to be here.

Given the number of central midfielders we have I wouldn't be so bothered this time around, just knew we sold ourselves short last time.

You've changed your tune Blood, considering you only recently stated that he was better than any other options we had after Gerrard.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2011 08:46:12 pm
      If you do then that is fine, i'd rather have a player that wants to be here.

Just to add to the debate.

Poulsen want's to be here. ;D

Seriously though.

Alonso wanted away 08/09 and gave us his best ever season at Liverpool, form and quality wise it eclipsed what he gave us 04/05 when we won the Champions League.

Mascherano wanted away 09/10 and gave his all in his final season.

If a player is professional, he will do his job.

If he's a sulky b***ard.

You get a Torres.

Aquilani has said his preference was to stay in Italy, but he wouldn't be unhappy to return to Liverpool.

That gives the impression he will be professional and for now we have to take him at face value on that as he's not saying anything to the contrary.

He can't dictate to teams to show an interest in him, all he can do is play for us and give his all until a move materialises if one is forth coming.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2011 08:48:18 pm
      I have said all along that i think Aquilani doesn't want to come back here, what is your point?. I am a look at the facts type of man so the bit in bold tells me one thing, he wants to stay in Italy. Yet you are saying that i don't like the guy and am saying he doesn't want to come back to Liverpool?. Make your mind up will you please.

You have just answered your own question. If he'd be happier in Italy then he is not committed to Liverpool and i don't want a player with that attitude anywhere near Liverpool Football Club. If you do then that is fine, i'd rather have a player that wants to be here.

This seems to be a very hard concept for people to grasp.  I'd be happy with steak for dinner but I'd prefer pasta.

I've stated I'd be happy with steak for dinner - this surely suggests I'm keen to eat it.
      I've stated I'd prefer pasta - not a big deal, after all it is my favourite food.

What RedLFCBlood said, knock yourself out mate - I'm done with this thread already.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2011 08:51:50 pm
      You've changed your tune Blood, considering you only recently stated that he was better than any other options we had after Gerrard.

I still think he is mate, for me he's head and shoulders above Raul, Lucas, Poulsen, Adam, Shelvey, Henderson, Spearing, the difference now to last summer and when I made that comment is, if we do lose him, at least we've got strength in depth, which softens the blow somewhat.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2011 08:55:54 pm
      Just to add to the debate.

Poulsen want's to be here. ;D

Seriously though.

Alonso wanted away 08/09 and gave us his best ever season at Liverpool, form and quality wise it eclipsed what he gave us 04/05 when we won the Champions League.

Mascherano wanted away 09/10 and gave his all in his final season.

If a player is professional, he will do his job.

If he's a sulky b***ard.

You get a Torres.

Aquilani has said his preference was to stay in Italy, but he wouldn't be unhappy to return to Liverpool.

That gives the impression he will be professional and for now we have to take him at face value on that as he's not saying anything to the contrary.

He can't dictate to teams to show an interest in him, all he can do is play for us and give his all until a move materialises if one is forth coming.

So now you're changing your view again, you want him to stay now?. :f_doh:

For the debate mate, i'm not questioning his professionalism at all, i'm questioning his desire to play for the Club. I don't want him here as he's made it clear he wants to stay in Italy, that is enough for me.

To bring Alonso into the debate is unfair as it would be fair to say that if Alonso had been treated better he would have not been swayed by the lure of Madrid. Mascherano had family problems and i'd like to believe that was his main reason for wanting to leave, i can't see him using his own wife and child as an excuse to bail out, i'd like to think he was more honourable than that.

Another difference is that both Xabi and Masch were already playing here and not on loan.

And to bring Poulsen into the debate is just down right naughty!  :D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2011 09:03:18 pm
      This seems to be a very hard concept for people to grasp.  I'd be happy with steak for dinner but I'd prefer pasta.

I've stated I'd be happy with steak for dinner - this surely suggests I'm keen to eat it.
      I've stated I'd prefer pasta - not a big deal, after all it is my favourite food.

What RedLFCBlood said, knock yourself out mate - I'm done with this thread already.

I understand totally what you are saying, I am questioning why Liverpool fans would be happy to accept a player back that doesn't want to be here?. Explain why you think it's alright to accept him back into the fold please?.

And please don't question my ability to grasp your concepts, do you think you're some kind of F***ing professor or something?. Are you on a higher plane?, i'd guess you're probably high after reading some of your offerings lately.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011 09:09:19 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jul 10, 2011 09:04:22 pm
      I never said I wanted him to stay in that post mate.

I just stated some facts about his desire to be here and  facts about other players who had similar desires for what ever reasons.

One of Aquilani's reasons for wanting to stay in Italy was because of his girlfriend and young baby.

Although I have my suspicions its more about getting selected for Italy for next summers Euro's.

All I can say is I'm a lot more relaxed about him leaving now than I was a few weeks ago before we got Henderson & Adam as I didn't want to be going into a new season relying on Spearing & Shelvey as the ones to step up if Gerrard and Lucas got injured, no disrespect to them, but if we got injuries at the wrong time, I wouldn't fancy that midfield pairing against the Manc's Arsenal's Chelsea's City's & Tottenhams.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #18: Jul 10, 2011 09:05:43 pm

Were you one of the 21,000 people tipped off by LFCTransferSpec 4 days ago?

Link
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Jul 10, 2011 09:07:01 pm

Link

Nope, I'll tell you who told me if you want. ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #20: Jul 10, 2011 09:07:15 pm

Link
      Was thinking I'm sure I'd seen that somewhere else a few days ago.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Jul 10, 2011 09:11:48 pm
      I understand totally what you are saying, i am questioning why Liverpool fans would be happy to accept a player back that doesn't want to be here?. Explain why you think it's alright to accept him back into the fold please?.

Because Mascherano and Alonso seemed to do alright when they preferred to be somewhere else because they were professionals.  I've seen nothing that would indicate Aquilani is not much the same.  I also think it can be used to our advantage, if Aquilani wants a move to Italy - he'll give 120% from a professional point of view to make sure an Italian club signs him up this time next year.

edit: Yes, I am high - it's my day off.  I just can't fathom how people can't grasp this concept as it's mind-numbingly simple to me.  That's got nothing to do with being a professor, it's got everything to do with common sense.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #22: Jul 10, 2011 09:13:33 pm
      Nope, I'll tell you who told me if you want. ;)

Was it someone who had been tipped off by LFCTransferSpec 4 days ago, who then told you a day later?.  ;)

Quick Reply