Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 103222 times
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1495: Aug 24, 2011 01:29:22 am
      It's no wonder he wants more money, he's got ( $.$) syndrome!!!

Even Stevie G siad aqua had the best car!! @8:36
      Smalltalk With Steven Gerrard - Part One
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1496: Aug 24, 2011 09:34:28 am
      Wednesday 24 August, 2011
      Roma wonā€™t hijack Aquilani deal

Roma have dismissed whispers that they will attempt to hijack Milanā€™s move for Alberto Aquilani.

ā€œThese voices are unfounded,ā€ Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini told Radio Mana Mana. ā€œI donā€™t want to give false hope to people.ā€

Aquilani was brought up in the Roma youth ranks, but was sold to Liverpool in the summer of 2009 for Ā£20m.

He then spent last season on loan at Juventus before the Turin giants opted against signing him outright.

Aquilaniā€™s agent Franco Zavaglia has been talking with the Rossoneri over the last few days and a move seems imminent.

The Italian international will reportedly join the Italian champions on loan, but Milan will be obliged to buy him on a permanent basis should he appear in a certain amount of games.

The transfer could be made official at some point on Wednesday.

http://www.football-italia.net/aug24c.html
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1497: Aug 24, 2011 09:37:01 am
      Having a medical at AC today apparently.
      Hope we find out some detail's of the sale.
      But i doubt it.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1498: Aug 24, 2011 09:56:58 am
      Having a medical at AC today apparently.
      Hope we find out some detail's of the sale.
      But I doubt it.

If it what has been rumoured, I hope we never find out...
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1499: Aug 24, 2011 10:02:01 am
      If it what has been rumoured, I hope we never find out...

I hope we do so it smashes a few myths. Players are only worth what clubs are willing to pay.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #1500: Aug 24, 2011 11:07:53 am
      Official terms:

-first year loan free
      -We pay 2.5m of his wages, liverpool pay 1.5m.
      -Option to buy for 6m spread over 3 years
      -2.5m/year contract if purchased.
      -Mandatory purchase if he makes 25 appearances
      -Payment starts on June 2012.

This is what I got from browsing through the AC Milan forums. Pretty sh*t source, I know, but if there's any truth in it it's also a sh*t deal for us. Hopefully we will know more in forthcoming  days.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1501: Aug 24, 2011 11:16:49 am
      Just out of interest, on the AC forums are they happy, delighted no upset about Aqua joining them..?
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #1502: Aug 24, 2011 11:30:56 am
      We will get shafted over this transfer again next June/July, mark my words
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1503: Aug 24, 2011 11:32:45 am
       So he's cost us 20 million quid already, and now we've got to pay someone to take him off our hands, if they decide they want to. Where are all those posters who were telling anybody who doubted Aquilani that they were f***ing idiots and didn't have a clue? Have they de-registered, or are they just lying low for a bit in embarrassment?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1504: Aug 24, 2011 11:34:58 am
      So he's cost us 20 million quid already, and now we've got to pay someone to take him off our hands, if they decide they want to. Where are all those posters who were telling anybody who doubted Aquilani that they were f***ing idiots and didn't have a clue? Have they de-registered, or are they just lying low for a bit in embarrassment?

Never said people who didn't rate him were idiots Mr Hyperbole, just said he deserved a chance, as he'd impressed most times he put on a Liverpool shirt.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1505: Aug 24, 2011 11:37:56 am

I still think he could do a job here, but obviously is not required!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1506: Aug 24, 2011 11:40:39 am
      Quality player is aquilani but its such a shame that he is either being moved on to free the wage bill or he feels let down by individuals at the club

Or Kenny simply doesn't rate him as much as everyone else on here?

I presume that is another possible explanation
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1507: Aug 24, 2011 11:41:47 am

You should be really discussing the Aquilani issue with your friends Roy and Cecil ... By the way, we didn't pay Ā£20 million for him, and we won't be paying anyone to take him off our hands ...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1508: Aug 24, 2011 11:43:56 am

He didn't cost Ā£20M
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1509: Aug 24, 2011 11:46:04 am

Ever considered anger management classes?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1510: Aug 24, 2011 11:46:21 am
      Or Kenny simply doesn't rate him as much as everyone else on here?

I presume that is another possible explanation

I think that Kenny rates him, and that is not only because Kenny has stated it publicly on several occasions ... It seems that the damage was done last summer, when Roy and Cecil have treated Aquilani disgracefully, and sent him on loan when we badly needed a player of his type ... The reported price of ā‚¬8 million for the permanent deal is still pretty low, but that is probably the best we could get at the weak Italian market at the moment ...
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1511: Aug 24, 2011 11:52:00 am
      You should be really discussing the Aquilani issue with your friends Roy and Cecil ... By the way, we didn't pay Ā£20 million for him, and we won't be paying anyone to take him off our hands ...

In theory we will be - paying Ā£1.5 Million for him to play for another club then selling for about Ā£10 Million less than we paid for him seems like it to me...

Who is Cecil..?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1512: Aug 24, 2011 11:54:26 am
      In theory we will be - paying Ā£1.5 Million for him to play for another club then selling for about Ā£10 Million less than we paid for him seems like it to me...

Who is Cecil..?

The part about LFC paying part of his wages is still only a rumor from AC Milan boards ... Aqulani and Zavaglia are back at Liverpool and are yet to discuss these issues with the club ...

Cecil is the pr**k that has almost destroyed the club by playing real life Football Manager ...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1513: Aug 24, 2011 11:56:28 am
      Christian Mark Cecil Purslow. The c**t.
      jackrhodeslfc18
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #1514: Aug 24, 2011 11:58:26 am
      just keep him for f*ck sake !!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1515: Aug 24, 2011 12:15:09 pm
      Good stuff - a post that's actually on-topic, and one that brings good news, too.

Aquilani stays with us. He'll become very, very important for us, you mark my words.

Ever thought of a job as a fortune teller :)

Sorry mate, but I said I would remember you said it
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1516: Aug 24, 2011 12:17:00 pm
      Seen a few posts on here about the price and I still feel we are getting stung! He should be worth at least Ā£10 Million... I would tell AC to up the amount, or not have this try before you buy deal...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1517: Aug 24, 2011 12:23:29 pm
      Kenny has also stated he rates Joe Cole on several occasions, doesn't necessarily means he wants to keep him in the squad.

I've never once doubted Aquilani is a quality player, and I personally think he is better than some of our first team options at the moment. But Im not going to sit here and try to deny the possibility that Kenny simply doesn't rate him. The fact we were chasing Adam for 6 months & splashed out Ā£16 million on Henderson just weeks in to the transfer window leads me to believe Kenny had already made his mind up before Alberto arrived back on English soil. I just don't buy in to this ulterior motive theory that theres some dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes forcing us to push him out of the club.

Reading over this topic for the past few months has become something of a nightmare. From hearing about his exploits at Juventus, who  unfortunately then decided they didn't want him, only to go and splash the same asking price on another midfielder. To the fiasco involving his agent parading him around the transfer market every other day, which almost had people in a state of denial that Aquilani didn't want a move because "He hadn't said so himself". To the latest change of the script, "Maybe he does want to move, but hes got a child and wife in Italy so who can blame him". My heart bleeds, perhaps he should of considered those circumstances before he signed his Liverpool contract.

Its like a f**king merry go round. Like I said hes a quality player, but if he doesn't want to be here f**king get rid. Kenny doesn't want players who don't want to play for this club and neither do the majority of Liverpool fans, regardless of their ability. Get what we can for him and get shut. One topic I will be happy to see the back of.

Quick Reply