Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98808 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1610: Aug 25, 2011 12:10:43 pm
      Does that mean we are not paying part of his wages then?  That would be something I guess......

There is no report on the issue, even though his agent has suggested yesterday that the issue will be discussed with LFC ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1611: Aug 25, 2011 12:18:09 pm
      Tell him to discuss this...

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1612: Aug 25, 2011 12:46:01 pm

"I am very happy to have arrived here. It is a turning point in my career. " These are the first words at AC Milan by Alberto Aquilani. The midfielder arrived in Italy yesterday, and today he has undergone a medical at the Hospital of Busto Arsizio. He's had four hours of tests, which will be completed tomorrow.

"I came to Milan to do well" said Aquilani, who wants to avoid comparisons. "I'm the new Pirlo? I have different characteristics, however this is more responsibility for me. I think that I can play in every position in midfield. The attendance clause of 25? It is not a problem and I do not think about it. I'll do anything to earn the trust of the club."
      http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/serie_a/milan/2011/08/25-190161/Aquilani%3A+%C2%ABFelice+del+Milan.+Svolta+per+la+mia+carriera%C2%BB
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #1613: Aug 25, 2011 12:59:18 pm
      I suppose it's official???
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1614: Aug 25, 2011 01:26:35 pm
      http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/08/23/ac-milan-accept-liverpools-alberto-aquilani-terms/47592/

Article wont copy.

Medical at AC on Thursday (Today).

Medical?  S'pose the lad will be alright for that then? Fighting fit for the old Red and Blacks?

3 million  a year whilst here?     AC paying 2 million. Oh yeh?    
      Who is doing the difference then?

The whole thing with Aqua Boy has been a total f* ing expensive farce.
      Glad to see this overblown thread eventually locked.

"Im the new Pirlo"   ?  FFS

Do one.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1615: Aug 25, 2011 03:50:58 pm
      acmilan AC Milan
      Welcome to #Milanello Aquilani!/Benvenuto Aquilani!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1616: Aug 25, 2011 03:55:30 pm
      Excuses aside liverpool fc have lost a quality midfielder.In such a short space of time we have lost alonso,mascherano and now aquilani.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1617: Aug 25, 2011 03:58:17 pm
      acmilan AC Milan
      Welcome to #Milanello Aquilani!/Benvenuto Aquilani!

They are lucky to get one of the finest mid-fielders of his generation and this past decade.....the competition was brutal with offers coming in from all over the world for his services; however once again the big money prevailed and they got they're man. On and off the pitch Alberto transcended the game itself, we were fortunate to have him here if only for the shortest of times. He fought for the the badge never wavering in his loyalties to the club....it is a sad sad day.

:tosser:
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2011 04:12:52 pm by AZPatriot »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1618: Aug 25, 2011 04:09:37 pm
      They are lucky to get one of the finest mid-fielders of his generation and this past decade.....the competition was brutal with offers coming in from all over the world for his services; however once again the big money prevailed and they got they're man.... :tosser:

ha ha ha. Like a common streetwalker all we are left with is a few quid and a bad taste in our mouths. 
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #1619: Aug 25, 2011 04:14:56 pm
      They are lucky to get one of the finest mid-fielders of his generation and this past decade.....the competition was brutal with offers coming in from all over the world for his services; however once again the big money prevailed and they got they're man.... :tosser:

Just curious, but what will you say if Aqua becomes a pivotal part of the Milan midfield, they go on to win the Seria A again, make a run in the CL, and Aqua becomes a regular in the Italian national side?  All of these are very feasible possibilities. 

You're right, we didn't have our door blown open with big money moves for the lad, but he could easily end up becoming a vital part of one of the best club teams in the world (Milan) and one of the best national sides in world football (Italy). 

It didn't work out for him here, and there is no hiding that anymore, but I for one am not going to slate the lad because no one really knows why he was never really given a chance here....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1620: Aug 25, 2011 04:16:05 pm
      Locked.

Quick Reply