Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 103155 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1518: Aug 24, 2011 12:29:50 pm
      6million euro's spread out over 3 years, always remembering we have to pay Roma 5% of that. Supposedly we had to pay part of his wages while he was on loan at Juventus (according to Corbally and others) now we may have to pay part of his wages at Milan. This deal just keeps on giving, sadly not to Liverpool. 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #1519: Aug 24, 2011 12:30:54 pm
      F*ck off Milan!!
       What's this?! He'll go on loan there and we'll pay almost half of his wages, then they'll get for 6m euros. This is sh*t and pray it's not true.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1520: Aug 24, 2011 12:37:44 pm
      Bet they'll only play him 24 times

I can see this happening.. and he will be even more cheaper next year.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1521: Aug 24, 2011 12:45:13 pm
      Aquilani agent hopeful of AC Milan move

8/24/2011 - 12:11:07 PM

The agent of Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani hopes to complete his client’s transfer to AC Milan as soon as possible.

Milan are hoping to land the Italy international as they look to bolster their midfield line before the start of the season.

“I will remain here, in Liverpool, until I complete the transfer in favour of AC Milan,” said Aquilani’s agent Franco Zavaglia to Gazzetta.it.

“Aquilani has chosen and he wants AC Milan. We hope an agreement will be reached very soon.”

Aquilani, who spent last season on loan at Juventus before returning to Anfield earlier this summer, is under contract with Liverpool until June 2014.

AC Milan begin their Serie A title defence at Cagliari on Saturday.

http://www.eecho.ie/news/sport/aquilani-agent-hopeful-of-ac-milan-move-517693.html

Arrogant ****
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1522: Aug 24, 2011 01:11:15 pm
      If this goes through and it is as reported we are paying nearly half his wages anyone who still insists Kenny/Comolli rate the lad need their bumps feeling.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1523: Aug 24, 2011 01:12:55 pm
      Gaz, Kenny has said publically he rates him, don't think he's gonna lie about that he'd of just avoided the question in the manner he often does.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1524: Aug 24, 2011 01:16:30 pm
      Come on.  Kenny said he rates Cole.  You have to publicly back your players.  Clearly Kenny does not think AA is good enough to do a job for Liverpool.  If he rated him highly, he'd not let him go back to Italy for anything other than full-whack.  You guys need a reality check.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1525: Aug 24, 2011 01:24:20 pm
      Come on.  Kenny said he rates Cole.  You have to publicly back your players.  Clearly Kenny does not think AA is good enough to do a job for Liverpool.  If he rated him highly, he'd not let him go back to Italy for anything other than full-whack.  You guys need a reality check.

Reality check is what some need who deny that kenny rates the lad,bottom line is we are overflowing with midfielders and intrested clubs are well aware of this situation are looking to exploit that fact,secondly we have an unsettled player on our books thanks to the ass wipes who were running the club previously and a poor man management manager.

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1526: Aug 24, 2011 01:26:14 pm
      Reality check is what some need who deny that kenny rates the lad,bottom line is we are overflowing with midfielders and intrested clubs are well aware of this situation are looking to exploit that fact,secondly we have an unsettled player on our books thanks to the ass wipes who were running the club previously and a poor man management manager.

Reality check Nasri is unsettled and in the last year of his contract and someone willing to pay over 20 million, ask yourself why we can't get a packet of peanuts and a slush puppie for Aqua.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1527: Aug 24, 2011 01:26:44 pm
      If they want him on loan, they can pay all of his wages.

If I hire a car, I don't expect the hire company to pay for a 3rd of the Petrol. :mad:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1528: Aug 24, 2011 01:42:00 pm
      Kenny offered him the olive branch said publicly that he rated him, asked him to fight for his place then had his agent all over the place saying this n that.

Him and his agent are a match made in heaven.
      Worse signing ever.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1529: Aug 24, 2011 01:50:39 pm

These two fuckers have cost us much more than Aquilani ... Hopefully, Alberto will be the last player we are losing because of them ...
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1530: Aug 24, 2011 01:52:31 pm
       And the circle is complete, I.e. Let's make up another excuse for the lad and blame someone else :mad:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1531: Aug 24, 2011 01:56:49 pm
      Maybe it was my fault I didn't put my arm round his shoulder & cuddle him either ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1532: Aug 24, 2011 01:59:02 pm
      here's how I see it - he wants to go back to italy, his agent has told Italian clubs this, he doesn't want to play in any other country, his agent has told Italian clubs this, so they are basically holding us to ransom, knowing he wants out, so they are going to keep offering the lowest deals in the hope of signing on the cheap at the 11th hour.

Why is no-one surprise that Italian clubs act this way, when they are well known for acting the sh*te when it comes to transfers.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1533: Aug 24, 2011 01:59:17 pm

The fact that Alberto Aquilani is being signed by the Italian champions to replace an important player like Andrea Pirlo speaks for itself ... Everything else is just personal agenda against the player ...
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1534: Aug 24, 2011 02:09:38 pm
      So looks like he is going, not bother for how much etc as long as he's gone. What I'm more worried about is who's going to look after his cat.

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1535: Aug 24, 2011 02:12:01 pm

These two fuckers have cost us much more than Aquilani ... Hopefully, Alberto will be the last player we are losing because of them ...

Oh come on Mac Red, Kenny has been in charge for a while now and Aqua has been back a good few weeks too.  Still blaming Project Owl is pulling at straws.

Alberto has shown zero dedication to the club – although great recently when he’s played, he was the best of a bad bunch during pre-season. 

He has only come out and spoke about us once during the pre-season but then ended, with something along the lines of seeking a perm contract.  Who wouldn’t?  He wants to play in Italy with his family close to him, is that bad?  Of course not.

I’m not going to slag him of or speak badly about something I (and we all) know nothing about, i just think it’s a very poor way to conduct yourself when you allow your agent – the man you pay – to come out every single bloody day and say you want a move.

I want him to get his move back for himself but more importantly the club so this whole nightmare situation will end.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1536: Aug 24, 2011 02:17:53 pm
      So looks like he is going, not bother for how much etc as long as he's gone. What I'm more worried about is who's going to look after his cat.

Yeah, the poor cross-eyed b***ard ...

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1537: Aug 24, 2011 02:33:47 pm
      Yeah, the poor cross-eyed b***ard ...

Should not have posted the pic mac-red as  :mf_bobby: will  :jackoff: over it.  :lmao:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1538: Aug 24, 2011 02:51:05 pm
       So the people who rated aquilani all along never had a serious pop at those who don't at every opportunity ;D. I would go back and pull up a few quotes, but I can't be @rsed. And kenny and Commolli actually rate him highly, as does everyone else but the reason they are selling him for nothing and paying half of his wages and nobody wants to pay a sheckle for him is actually because he wants to go back to Italy and the clubs over there are ganging up on us by not offering a proper fee? Have I got this right or have I woken up in the middle of an alcohol induced dream?

I do love the wriggling on this thread though. Why not just say, "well f*ck me I'm surprised, I always rated him but obviously I called it a little bit wrong". It's not that hard really.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1539: Aug 24, 2011 02:54:18 pm

Well, it is not like he is going to Chelsea or Man City ... Actually, he is joining one of the very few clubs in Europe that are more successful than LFC, and is replacing one of their legends ...
      jamiejwj
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1540: Aug 24, 2011 03:00:34 pm
      Pirlo left on a bosman and they are trying to get a player in with a similar calibre on the cheap. How his value has went down in the space of a summer from an agreed upon fee of around 14 million to Juventus to 6 million and two thirds of his wages to milan is beyond me.
      and tbh i was even annoyed that the agreed upon fee was 14 million to juventus

Quick Reply