Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Z-cars before the match

Read 5294 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Z-cars before the match
      Reply #23: Aug 28, 2007 10:56:06 pm
      Welcome FermanaghRed. You have joined the best forum, of the best fans, of the greatest team on a day when true football fans showed themselves as compassionate, rational and intelligent people.
      Liverpool as a whole has done the little chap proud.
      FermanaghRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 28, 2007 11:03:33 pm
      Welcome FermanaghRed. You have joined the best forum, of the best fans, of the greatest team on a day when true football fans showed themselves as compassionate, rational and intelligent people.
      Liverpool as a whole has done the little chap proud.

Thanks mate - I fully agree with your post - our fans have done us proud tonight - I dont mind admitting I was welling up as You'll never walk alone was sang

I always think football should remain seperate from news events where possible but obviously this situation is unavoidably linked - I have an 11 yr old nephew so it hits home all the more. An absolute tragedy.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #25: Aug 28, 2007 11:05:17 pm
      Yup....wasn't a dry eye in my house today either
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #26: Aug 28, 2007 11:15:50 pm
      I always think football should remain seperate from news events where possible but obviously this situation is unavoidably linked - I have an 11 yr old nephew so it hits home all the more. An absolute tragedy.

Spot on.  Many people see football as an escape from their day to day drudgery sometimes and if we were to be pedantic we could have black armbands at every game for some of the serious sh*t that happens around us.

But this was important to mark it with something special.  Maybe it was a coincidence that it all happened on Liverpool's 800th birthday but it showed the togetherness of the city, blues and reds, at what has happened.
      FermanaghRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #27: Aug 28, 2007 11:22:00 pm
      Im not a scouser JD (although a life long LFC fan) but I was proud of how our club chose to deal with this tragedy

Im sure it will mean a great deal to the young lads parents and thats what really matters right now

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Aug 29, 2007 01:43:26 am
      I'm not shy of the fact I shed a tear when I seen Rhys' family there on the touchline. Grief is a strange thing and it's amazing what can be gained from a very unusual situation. It was good to see Rhys' mum with an ironic smile while Z-cars played out.
      I hope we helped their family in many ways tonight.
      Proud of our reds there at Anfield.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #29: Aug 29, 2007 01:55:58 am
      Very true. The feeling of grief we feel for anothers loss is actually a very positive emotion. It takes us away from our own selfish existence and allows to empathise with anothers true misfortune. I always feel more human and greater unity with my fellow man after moments like todays moving commeration. We are all the same and we need to cut out the BS and show our compatriots as much respect as we believe we deserve for ourselves.
      Poor little kid. I hope we take only positives from this tragic situation.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 29, 2007 10:53:38 am
      what a great response from all the fans there last night,not a dry eye in here neither.
      it just goes to show that  we have the best fans in the world,the best team in the world and the best city.

YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Aug 29, 2007 12:20:03 pm
      Yes, it was very moving last night, you did Merseyside proud, well done to all involved.
      Liverpool gets a raw deal from the press, it was lovely to see Merseyside unite at this very sad time.

Quick Reply