Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Higuain (Real Madrid)

Read 18342 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Re: Higuian (Real Madrid)
      Reply #69: Jul 20, 2011 04:54:19 pm
      Watched him play on a number of occasions, and the lad can score all types of goals, I think he is a top class striker and If I'm being honest barring his injury problems I rate him much higher than Carroll

I would agree with this.  However, I think Carrol could blossom into a world class striker as well.  I see Big Andy being very similar to Luca Toni in his style of play.  Toni didn't really blossom until about the age of 24-25.  It is around this age that big, strong players become truly comfortable throwing their weight around.  I think Andy will have a solid year this year, but IMO his breakout season will be in either 2012/13, or the following season. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #70: Jul 20, 2011 04:55:17 pm
      Why do you say that I've defended more of the squad than anyone on here. Because I think Higiuain is better than Carroll I don't rate any of our players is that it
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #71: Jul 20, 2011 04:58:34 pm
      ^

Well said sir big Andy's got lots of time. Englands #9 for a long time hopefully.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: Jul 20, 2011 04:58:59 pm
      I know there are times you might watch him and think the lad couldn't hit a barn door, but I'm not saying he isn't inconsistant. I'm just saying at 20 million he's a player that scores a lot of goals and some posters are being harsh on the lad
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #73: Jul 20, 2011 05:02:20 pm
      No its because you are slating players saying they are not good enough even before they've pulled on the shirt in anger.
      Downing & Adam
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #74: Jul 20, 2011 05:03:15 pm
      Is Higuian world class? No where near it.
      [/quote] But then again you can argue Torres wasn't exactly 'world class' before we signed him. And we all know how he turned out. I think Higuain is a top top striker who is capable of scoring different types of goals. He always seems to stand up and be counted whenever he is relied on.
      For £20 mill. Bargain.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #75: Jul 20, 2011 05:03:43 pm
      I dont think he misses half as many chances as some people are trying to portray. This lad has banged in the goals for who ever he has played for. He has had an injury ravaged last 12 months. People might think Carroll can be better I personally don't Carroll has a lot to prove before people can genuinely call him better than Higuian.

What are you on about Andy I was have continually said Downing is a good player and will be a good signing. Ya I don't rate Adam highly I have given my reasons for that and gave them long before he came here. I think Aquilani can be top class for us and is a better player than Adam. Aquilani is also a Liverpool player I don't see what is wrong thinking one Liverpool player is better than another
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #76: Jul 20, 2011 05:22:35 pm
      I really can't believe that Higuain's quality is being called into question. Reminds me of Kuyt in his attitude in the way he took to the right hand side to help the side out and reminds me of Crespo at times in the quality he has in his play.

Higuain is more than good enough for this side and we'd be lucky to have him.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #77: Jul 20, 2011 05:42:31 pm
      Anyone saying me and Crouchi are being harsh, are way too soft. We are only saying he isn't World Class and we both would have him for 20m. Hardly too harsh at all.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Jul 20, 2011 05:46:05 pm
      I thought you were harsh Redman, I agree world class is bandied about to much, the lad is top class and has found the net at whatever level he played. Ive no doubts he would bang the goals in in the Premiership as well. Only problem I have with him is his injury problems
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #79: Jul 20, 2011 05:51:06 pm
      He'll obviously not have the record he has in Spain because for me, the Premier League is just a deeper league for me. But he really is an erratic finisher who can really waste chance after chance, sometimes costing you points. On his day? He can slot them home, I just haven't seen him do that consistently enough to warrant a top class or world class brand on him.

But for 20m in today's market? I'd have him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #80: Jul 20, 2011 05:54:53 pm
      Of course he has done it consistently what you think he has scored all the goals in the same games. I think people really need to get out of this The Premier League is great sh*te. There is as bad defenders playing in England as anywhere. Higuain has won Real a lot more points than he has cost them. I'm a bit surprised with your comments to be honest, ya he misses chances but so does every striker, his goal record speaks for itself
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #81: Jul 20, 2011 05:59:33 pm
      He'll obviously not have the record he has in Spain because for me, the Premier League is just a deeper league for me. But he really is an erratic finisher who can really waste chance after chance, sometimes costing you points. On his day? He can slot them home, I just haven't seen him do that consistently enough to warrant a top class or world class brand on him.

But for 20m in today's market? I'd have him.

Torres wasn't prolific in the Spanish league before we signed him so assuming he wouldn't be good in the Premiership because he isn't prolific in the Spanish league is a strange statement to make.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Jul 20, 2011 06:01:14 pm
      Higuain is prolific though
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #83: Jul 20, 2011 06:02:06 pm
      Geez everything has to turn in to an argument.

Great player, well worth 20m in todays market, not world class. We all agree but somehow track off in to some bickering.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #84: Jul 20, 2011 06:02:26 pm

Agree but unless we ship out Ngog and a few others I think we might have to wait till Jan.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #85: Jul 20, 2011 06:05:08 pm
      Geez everything has to turn in to an argument.

Great player, well worth 20m in todays market, not world class. We all agree but somehow track off in to some bickering.

Does my head in mate. It's hard to even come to this side of the message board.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Jul 20, 2011 06:10:05 pm
      I dont call it arguing I call it debating, people are putting there sides across, I'm not getting irate don't see from any posts on here there is anyone getting irate
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #87: Jul 20, 2011 06:22:06 pm
      I can understand why a couple don't think he's world class.

He does miss a fair few chances. If you compare him to Torres at Liverpool (when he was world class) he would get F**k all service and be pushed around and then bang 90th minute the ball falls to him and he slots it home (a la Villa Park a couple of years back). That's what you call a world class striker and that's the area Higuain struggles in (from what I've seen).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #88: Jul 20, 2011 06:25:40 pm
      Would love this! Cant see it happening though :(
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #89: Jul 20, 2011 06:26:12 pm
      Agree with what most people are say Higuian is class, he is prolific,and he does miss a fair few as well. But the old adage getting into the position to miss is the key for me. They used to say the same about Andy Cole but it was his movement and quick thinking that allowed him to miss so much.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #90: Jul 28, 2011 12:43:15 am
      Agreed, Red5Man. I don't see him as a clinical striker. I remember two seasons ago even when he scored something like 30 goals, he must of had 4 chances per goal he scored.
      2.4 shots per game to be exact.
      He played 16 games for Real, scored 10 and assisted 6. That's quality in my book.
      Also, in pre-Mourinho years, he was cast aside a little, because he was not a galactico. His record might have been better if not for idiots in the board room.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 28, 2011 01:03:57 am
      Who would not want to have Higuain in their team,I would sign him tomorrow,have seen the lad playing many times and I think that he´s very good and is getting better every season.In Copa America,after Messi, was Argentina´s best player,but I dont see this happening,RM will not sell imo,not for 20m anyway.BTW, please fix the name on the title.

Quick Reply