Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rooney: Liverpool can win the title.

Read 4278 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Rooney: Liverpool can win the title.
      Jul 22, 2011 10:22:01 am
      http://www.football.co.uk/liverpool/wayne_rooney__liverpool_can_win_the_premier_league_title_rss1735409.shtml

"Wayne Rooney has conceded that arch rivals Liverpool have re-emerged as serious challengers for Manchester United's Barclays Premier League crown under Kenny Dalglish. The boyhood Everton fan believes Dalglish's 'buy British' policy has established the Anfield club as a major force once again following the acrimonious end to Rafa Benitez's spell in charge and Roy Hodgson's ill-fated reign. Three and easy: Rooney scored a quick-fire hat-trick in United's 7-0 win over Seattle Sounders 'Liverpool will challenge (for the title) this time,' said Rooney. 'They've made some really good signings under Kenny Dalglish, British players, and I'm sure they will try harder than they've ever done, fighting to be up there. 'They will think they have a chance of winning the title. The main threat is going to be from Chelsea, Liverpool , Arsenal and Manchester City. One of them, plus us, will be fighting for the title.' Rooney was speaking after scoring a 21-minute hat-trick in United's 7-0 win over Seattle Sounders in the early hours of yesterday. It completed a happy return to the Pacific North West for the England striker who was despatched here in very different circumstances last November to regain fitness at Nike headquarters in Oregon away from the glare of publicity and fall-out from a contract crisis that took him to the brink of leaving Old Trafford. Fast forward eight months and Rooney's rehabilitation would appear to be complete. Having helped United regain the title and reach the Champions League final - scoring in the defeat by Barcelona at Wembley - few would argue that his importance to the club is greater than ever. And Sir Alex Ferguson's success in deploying the Englandstriker in a deeper role has opened up possibilities for Rooney, who has set his sights on overtaking Barcelona's Lionel Messi as the top No 10 in the world. 'That's where I like playing most,' said Rooney. 'It's where I finished last season and I was really enjoying it because I think it's a position that suits me. Messi is a great player and rightly World Player of the Year. I think, not just for me but for every footballer, that's the target you want to try to get to. Hopefully I can do that.' On the ball: Nani impressed again for United against the American side Michael Owen, Mame Biram Diouf, Park Ji-sung and Gabriel Obertan also scored yesterday in front of a 67,000 crowd at Seattle's CenturyLink Field while Portugal winger Nani impressed again. And Ferguson reassured the 24-year-old over his future at the club despite the signing of Ashley Young for ?16million. He said: 'Nani was unlucky not to be picked for the (Champions League) final. He did really well the whole season but Antonio Valencia came back and his form was so good it was difficult to leave him out of the team. (Nani) will be challenging next season and play a lot of games.' All set: De Gea is set to be handed his debut in Chicago on Saturday night Ferguson will give David De Gea his debut in Chicago tomorrow but admitted the position of goalkeeper remains an 'open door', with both Anders Lindegaard and Ben Amos impressing on tour. De Gea's ?17.8m transfer from Atletico Madrid marks him out as the obvious choice to succeed Edwin van der Sar but there are concerns in the short term over the 20-year-old Spaniard's lack of experience in the Premier League and command of English. Ferguson said: 'David De Gea will be the main choice, but we will have to see how he settles.'  Decision to quit Aston Villa was a 'no-brainer' says Man United new boy Young Seattle Sounders 0 Man United 7: Rooney bags hat-trick in Red Devils rout Macheda vows to make his mark at United after two-year struggle since dramatic debutShow us the money! Inter tell Man United to make their move over ?35m target Sneijder"

Even Rooney says we can win the league. Ferguson said the same thing last season.
      Rooney hates us but admits we can win it. What astonishes me is that us, the fans don't think we'll can win the league saying it will take 3-4 years to win the league. BUT WHY can't we win it this season.

In 2/3 years the league will get tougher. Our squad is very strong, I've never seen a Liverpool squad with so much quality and depth(I'm young :P).
      A team with Reina, Agger(a fit), Gerrard(a fit one), Johnson, Aquilani, Mereiles, Lucas, Suarez, Carroll, Downing, Adam and maybe a fit Cole can win the league.

We have more quality on the bench than any other team except Man City. Arsenal is getting weaker(if they sell), Chelsea is full of old players(but good).

I admit with a marquee signing it is easier to win but at the moment we need to sell...

The question is why we cannot win the title (based on squads)?
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011 06:09:41 pm by RedPuppy, Reason: Liverpool starts with a CAPITAL letter. »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Rooney: liverpool can win the title.
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2011 10:25:58 am
      Have you thought about paragraphs?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2011 10:26:24 am
      Who cares what Rooney thinks? Bitter Bluenosed gobs***e.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2011 10:30:04 am
      Is the phrase 'Rooney thinks' an oxymoron ?
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2011 10:38:45 am
      F**k off rooney you ugly pr**k
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2011 10:46:11 am

yeah enit mate he's that ugly even Cillet won't Bang him lmao
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2011 10:53:31 am
      Is the phrase 'Rooney thinks' an oxymoron ?
      :lmao:
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2011 11:29:21 am
      this means a lot coming from such a fountain of knowledge

we're in a rebuilding process, we can't be expected to win the league straight away

man city needed a season to settle after a big shake-up, now look at them

i'd be happy with 4th as i'm sure many other fans would be
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2011 12:55:48 pm
      Clearly showing he knows F**k all. Can?... Will :D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2011 01:00:04 pm
      Who really gives a sh*t what Rooney has to say? He can put his opinions up where the sun don't shine.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2011 02:19:44 pm
      A) He's a c**t
      B) He's a c**t with bad judgement.

We WILL win the League.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2011 02:25:10 pm
      We are serious contenders. Mind games already from the mancs?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2011 02:30:05 pm
      Don't give a doogle what this tosspot thinks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2011 02:35:41 pm
      We are serious contenders. Mind games already from the mancs?
      Who gives a F**k?
      He's a F***ing bell end anyway.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2011 02:41:24 pm
      Oh shut up Wayne.

First Fergie, now him.

Who honestly gives a flying F**k what either of them think?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #15: Jul 22, 2011 03:00:45 pm
      Oh shut up Wayne.

First Fergie, now him.

Who honestly gives a flying f**k what either of them think?

It's July and already the mind games have started. What was that Kenny said back in January about him and Fergie being long out of short trousers ?  Kenny will ignore these tw**s completely.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2011 03:19:26 pm
      They must've tinkered with his brain when they did the the hair transplant. He was never this smart.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2011 03:22:57 pm
      Have you thought about paragraphs?

To be fair Rooney probably thinks that's when you get dragged by a boat with a parachute.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2011 03:44:43 pm
      I don't need Shrek to tell me what I already know. Kenny knows exactly what it takes to win the title and he won't respond by saying that we can't.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2011 04:44:29 pm
      Who gives a F**k what you think Rooney?!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #20: Jul 22, 2011 05:30:34 pm
      http://www.football.co.uk/liverpool/wayne_rooney__liverpool_can_win_the_premier_league_title_rss1735409.shtml

Even Rooney says we can win the league. Ferguson said the same thing last season.
      Rooney hates us but admits we can win it. What astonishes me is that us, the fans don't think we'll can win the league saying it will take 3-4 years to win the league. BUT WHY can't we win it this season.

nope, i'd say most fans now think we are title contenders. before the signings i'd have said no, but not anymore
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #21: Jul 22, 2011 05:33:10 pm
      nope, i'd say most fans now think we are title contenders. before the signings i'd have said no, but not anymore
      I'm not sure about that, Ozi. I personally think we can challenge this year but looking at other threads, there are PLENTY of posters who think we'll make top 4 at best.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #22: Jul 22, 2011 05:36:46 pm
      Don't really care what Rooney has to say.

Quick Reply