Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Hull 3-0 Liverpool: Live and post match Shocker!

Read 23735 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Hull vs Liverpool: Match thread
      Reply #230: Jul 23, 2011 08:07:52 pm
      I don't care if the mighty Lord Jesus was in charge tonight 3-0 to a championship team is F***ing embarrassing.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #231: Jul 23, 2011 08:08:51 pm
      Andy looked like a battering ram with nothing else to his game

Harsh.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #232: Jul 23, 2011 08:10:17 pm

No mate its a fact take it on the chin.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #233: Jul 23, 2011 08:11:01 pm
      Hull will be F***ing no where as well next season in the Championship, Paul McShane was the best defender on show today. Pre season or not that performance especially defensively was not good enough for a Liverpool team.

Comoli has done the easy part of his job now I want to see him off load some of the F***ing sh*te we have who are to happy to sit on the bench and pick up there big wages. First out the door for me would be The big Greek, Poulsen, Ngog Degen and El Zhar
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #234: Jul 23, 2011 08:12:26 pm

Without a top class center back, left back and another creative player i would go as far to say top 4 is a pipe dream imo. We'll improve i have no doubt but the defence is mid table standard at best.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #235: Jul 23, 2011 08:14:07 pm

Stopped reading at the word fact.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #236: Jul 23, 2011 08:14:37 pm
      Hull will be f**king no where as well next season in the Championship, Paul McShane was the best defender on show today. Pre season or not that performance especially defensively was not good enough for a Liverpool team.

Comoli has done the easy part of his job now I want to see him off load some of the f**king sh*te we have who are to happy to sit on the bench and pick up there big wages. First out the door for me would be The big Greek, Poulsen, Ngog Degen and El Zhar

All on big wages enjoying their retirement funds at Anfield. We cant find a buyer for Degan. He loves liverpoool and his 25k a week wage for doing F-all. Same applies to Poulsen and Jovanevic. Some serious squad turd at liverpool.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #237: Jul 23, 2011 08:15:04 pm

An opinion isn't a fact
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #238: Jul 23, 2011 08:17:51 pm
      Opinions aren't facts, take them in and let them go  :f_whistle:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #239: Jul 23, 2011 08:20:51 pm
      God help us if we take this form into the new season, im in agreement with bigmick that its time to play our strong 11 and knuckle down to buisness.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #240: Jul 23, 2011 08:30:39 pm
      Some uninspiring opions in this thread, however that was a shocking performance but at least we now know who the deadwood is we should get rid. To lose to Hull like that friendly or not is F***ing shocking noone looked interested in my opion.

However I blame that f u c K ing sh*te KIT BLUE IN A LIVERPOOL KIT FFS
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #241: Jul 23, 2011 08:34:28 pm

Thats your opinion ...... and that's a fact :)
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #242: Jul 23, 2011 08:37:37 pm
      Its all about momentum and losing 3-0 is not good .we need to be winning pre season games like this.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #243: Jul 23, 2011 08:42:16 pm
      I don't believe thing are half as bad as todays performance might have us thinking. Yes the defence in both halves looked poor, but we had a new goalkeeper playing, two center backs in Ayala and Wilson who have little experience and to be honest the midfield offered them little cover or support.

I am confident that we won't see a repetition of this performance in our next game, and I would rather we started to find out now where our problems lie than in a couple of weeks time.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #244: Jul 23, 2011 08:44:35 pm
      The euphoria of wins over the might of Guangzou and the elite Malaysian team over...............Secon d rate, highly paid supposedly premier league quality players come up against a relegated second tier team and............as might be expected................ capitulation.

Embarrassing. We had two teams there, and neither of them could stop a bunch of pub players from scoring.

It's going to be a loooooooong, frustrating season.............I hope we make the Intertoto this year.

Defending is shambolic........let's buy some more overpaid British midfielders............. that'll cure it. FFS bollocks to Mata, Aguero and whomever else you want to spunk up at over the keyboard whilst watching You tube...............we desperately need DEFENDERS.

I love fishing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #245: Jul 23, 2011 08:47:56 pm
      Are people getting confused between this pre season kick about thread for that of the knee jerk?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #246: Jul 23, 2011 08:50:14 pm
      We didn't need that game today to know we had a problem in defence. Anyone that didn't know before today we need a left back and centre half they must have been living up the mountains for the last 6 months.

So anny are you happy with our defence or do you think we need to buy
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #247: Jul 23, 2011 08:56:24 pm
      We didn't need that game today to know we had a problem in defence. Anyone that didn't know before today we need a left back and centre half they must have been living up the mountains for the last 6 months.

Probably so, cus you can't watch Liverpool up in the Himalayans

Or can you? You've opened a can of worms now..... 8)

See we can talk about something other then a left back or a centre half, both positions that we are both weak in and ideally could improve on.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2011 09:02:51 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #248: Jul 23, 2011 08:57:41 pm

So anny are you happy with our defence or do you think we need to buy

I think we need a LB, and that we will no doubt buy one. We could also do with a CB but in all honesty it isn't essential IMO.

I didn't see or hear anything of the game today, watched my rugby team get kicked out of the Challenge Cup, and I cannot face any more misery for one night, so won't be looking to watch any of it either!

The score line however doesn't particularly suprise me, especially seeing the team sheet in that first half.

This defeat will probably do us more good than the last 2 victories tbh.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #249: Jul 23, 2011 09:01:54 pm
      The euphoria of wins over the might of Guangzou and the elite Malaysian team over...............Secon d rate, highly paid supposedly premier league quality players come up against a relegated second tier team and............as might be expected................ capitulation.

Embarrassing. We had two teams there, and neither of them could stop a bunch of pub players from scoring.

It's going to be a loooooooong, frustrating season.............I hope we make the Intertoto this year.

Defending is shambolic........let's buy some more overpaid British midfielders............. that'll cure it. FFS bollocks to Mata, Aguero and whomever else you want to spunk up at over the keyboard whilst watching You tube...............we desperately need DEFENDERS.

I love fishing.

Definately the wrong thread ! This WAS a friendly FFS we've enough players available to challange for the title !
      Kenny cannot pick HIS 'best' eleven and throw them on against Sunderland without experimenting !!!
      I'll bet no one here would have picked any of the sides that Kenny's played so far, this is the time for experimenting and getting things wrong not the first match of a season !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #250: Jul 23, 2011 09:02:21 pm
      That really surprises me when I see people say centre back is not essiential, especially when you look at the options.

Carragher in general was poor last season he did get better when Kenny came in, his legs though are gone and he forces us to play deep through his lack of pace at 33 he ain't getting younger, Agger doesn't seem capable of playing more than 15 games a season, Wilson and Ayala are clearly not ready, the big greek is a liability that seems incapable of passing a ball 5 yards, Kelly has not played there in years.

So it leaves us with Skrtel who I think is under rated. The signing of a top centre back is absolutely essiential and I personally think it could define our season
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #251: Jul 23, 2011 09:20:05 pm
      That really surprises me when I see people say centre back is not essiential, especially when you look at the options.

Carragher in general was poor last season he did get better when Kenny came in, his legs though are gone and he forces us to play deep through his lack of pace at 33 he ain't getting younger, Agger doesn't seem capable of playing more than 15 games a season, Wilson and Ayala are clearly not ready, the big greek is a liability that seems incapable of passing a ball 5 yards, Kelly has not played there in years.

So it leaves us with Skrtel who I think is under rated. The signing of a top centre back is absolutely essiential and I personally think it could define our season

Carragher seems undroppable. I dont think Kenny has the bollocks to drop one of liverpools favourite sons. Im sure Carragher loves Kenny being coach. They were mates when kenny wasnt at the club. Used to have a drink now and again .Very hard to drop someone when your close to said person. Completely past it imo.  Boy do I miss big Sami Hyypia
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #252: Jul 23, 2011 09:26:43 pm
      who were the two players who almost gave away a goal about 10 minutes in with a poor backpass and control?

anyone?

i did not appreciate the blue kits

it wasn't like i was watching liverpool :(

Quick Reply