Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Ujfalusi (Fiorentina)

Read 1127 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Ujfalusi (Fiorentina)
      Aug 30, 2007 04:05:34 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_2695391,00.html

Tomas Ujfalusi's agent Pavel Paska has claimed that Liverpool made an enquiry about the availability of the Fiorentina defender.

The Czech Republic international has 12 months remaining on his present deal and was linked with a move to Sevilla earlier this summer.

With Jamie Carragher currently out injured after sustaining a broken rib, Paska explained that Rafa Benitez was keen to secure the player as defensive cover.

However Ujfalusi is only keen on a move to Spain and has reportedly turned down the enquiry.

Rejection

"Liverpool have a problem as Jamie Carragher has picked up a serious injury," Paska told Sport.

"Manager Rafael Benitez together with the club director Ricky Parry have therefore asked me if I could address the offer to Tomas.

"Tomas has consulted it with his family and told me that he was happy with life in Italy and that the only country he would move to is Spain.

"I have to respect his decision, nevertheless it has surprised me a lot. Liverpool never give this offer twice to one player."

Either trying to get himself a new contract....or he could actually be telling the truth! Don't have a clue about the player so i can't tell you if he is good or not
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Ujfalusi (Fiorentina)
      Reply #1: Aug 30, 2007 04:13:26 pm
      The Czech Republic international has 12 months remaining on his present deal

This one line explains the whole story really. How many players aiming for a new contract suddenly have a big club apparently bidding for them?

Unfortunately Sky Sports aren't the cleverest & can't spot what the agent is trying to do here, so they run with the story.

Quick Reply