Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Valerenga 3:3 Liverpool - Pre, in Match and Post Thread.

Read 45358 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Valerenga v Liverpool - Friendly 1st August 2011 6pm
      Reply #621: Aug 01, 2011 08:46:27 pm
       Have to say didn't see the first half. So from what I saw:

- I'm not the biggest fan of Aquilani but he did have a fantastic game tonight although only 15 minutes on the pitch. Downing comes just after him and so does Agger (for his attacking abilities though). Would give Sterling 2 or 3 games in the league this year, he looks a really good winger at only 16.
      - Sorry to say but the most negative thing tonight was Carragher. Wouldn't like him to start regularly this season even if we don't get another CB. We need urgently a CB and LB though. Also learned more about the role Lucas play in the team and we did miss him tonight.

Generally a better movement and performance from the team than in the last game.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #622: Aug 01, 2011 08:47:36 pm
      Listen to the saint on TV now speaks sense, came on when oppositions best players taken off. Time to look at the game in a whole lads rather than agendas.

Ha ha ha thats got to be the most hypocritical post ever written on this forum.

From the guy who has had the agenda against Aquilani since he returned to the club.  You couldn't make this stuff up. :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #623: Aug 01, 2011 08:47:38 pm
      Gonna be hard to get both Adam and Aquilani into the team though along with Suarez, think those two only fit in a 5 man midfield with 1 up top and at the moment we're not going to be dropping Carroll. Although having said that he can't become undroppable just because of the price tag certainly want to see more from him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #624: Aug 01, 2011 08:48:06 pm
      Im not going to deny Im somewhat conerned with the goals were shipping but I think when the time comes for the serious business well tighten up.

It will come right I have no doubt about it. Players and fans need to be patient its only pre season sevearl palyers making there 1st game of the season tonight and at least 3 more 1st team regulars still to come in.

Henderson and Downing impressive tonight.

Im going to predict a very good season ahead
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #625: Aug 01, 2011 08:51:20 pm
      Have to say, I usually don't watch the phone in shows much on LFC TV after the match, and for this exact reason.

Not sure who the lad is with St John on the sofa, but their comments are making me cringe.

Really clueless stuff if im being honest.

Also thought it was really disrespectful how St John basically laughed when some bloke mentioned the importance Lucas has to the team. Not what I expect too see from our own club channel, cringe worthy stuff.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #626: Aug 01, 2011 08:51:21 pm
      Carra needs shipping out of the starting eleven and Liverpool need to trust Aquilani. He's an class act
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #627: Aug 01, 2011 08:51:58 pm
      Im not going to deny Im somewhat conerned with the goals were shipping but I think when the time comes for the serious business well tighten up.

It will come right I have no doubt about it. Players and fans need to be patient its only pre season sevearl palyers making there 1st game of the season tonight and at least 3 more 1st
       team regulars still to come in.

Henderson and Downing impressive tonight.

Im going to predict a very good season ahead

Brian, I am going to give you a plus and here's why... The agenda that people have got on here re Aqua has totally gone against actually watching he game and how Henderson played against a fully fit up for it side.........but you do know Aqua took a corner don't  you?
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #628: Aug 01, 2011 08:54:12 pm
      Based on the handful of Blackpool games I saw last season I was not happy with the signing of Adam and the few pre season games I have seen him in have made me more convinced that he is not going to cut it at Liverpool. I think Aqualani is far better option with a far better touch, vision and general all round creativity. Basically I think everything Adam was bought for Aquilani is better at. People are fooling themselves if they think kenny wont make mistakes in the transfer market. If you ask me the only signing we made this summer who actually improves us as a team is Downing. I am very worried going into this new season, a terrible pre season and I think it would be hard to find the last time we conceded so many goals during one. And I strongly disagree with a buy British policy, over priced and over hyped players who rarely live up to there potential.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #629: Aug 01, 2011 08:55:11 pm
      You really can't give Aquilani any credit can you Gazza, your extremely defensive on the subject. A blind man could see Aquilani was impressive tonight as he has been all pre season, but your straight in saying the only reason he played well is because all there players are taken off.

Most of your posts in this thread are trying to downplay his impact barring Downing our most creative player tonight, strange that. How can I have an agenda about the lad, I rate him is that an agenda if it is then I suppose I do have an agenda.

He made more an impact in 15 minutes than Adam made in 75 minutes. Saw Adam hit one 60 yard which Robinson miss controlled other than that he was non existant.

Edit-just saw your last post Gazza, I think you should quit while your ahead, my opinion if Aquilani scored the winner for Liverpool in a game you would not celebrate the goal
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #630: Aug 01, 2011 08:56:28 pm
      If you can't appreciate how Aquilani has played over the course of our pre-season then you're being biased. He has been the absolute stand out player in every game he's played and to suggest otherwise would be unfair. Adam as shown glimpses but nothing consistant and certainly nothing of the calibre of Aquilani, I don't want him if he doesn't want to stay and he'll sulk but if he's willing to put a shift in I'd start him ahead of Henderson and Adam for now without a shadow of doubt.

I agree with this coz really im always reading about all the Aquilani opinions, from last year's positives about how we needed him to this year's call for him to be sold. In my opinion, he is a player of real quality and if not being sold for a reasonable amount, should be welcomed into our squad as either a first teamer or sub. Based on the pre-season matches...i dont think anybody can argue a case for his direct competitors (Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing, Poulsen) to be given the nod ahead of him?? And all this talk about premiership proven players...i remember him playing in a few games toward the end of the 2009 season, where he had a good few assists, and even the odd goal, as well as looking more than capable of providing a positive pass....and remember this was his first (half season) playing in the EPL. This guy has never been given a chance to show whether he can cut it or not, so i dont buy all the comments claiming otherwise... I hope he gets his chance, however this could possibly have been his farewell tonight.

In reality im actually a bit more concerned about our goal threat, as i can see alot of reliance being placed on Suarez, with Carroll essentially our "target" man. I reckon we need a bit more pace upfront or at least one more wide player with offensive skills.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #631: Aug 01, 2011 08:57:29 pm
      Brian, I am going to give you a plus and here's why... The agenda that people have got on here re Aqua has totally gone against actually watching he game and how Henderson played against a fully fit up for it side.........but you do know Aqua took a corner don't  you?

You are F***ing ridiculous Gazza!  Henderson played well throughout, but Aqua was impressive for the 4th straight game.  No one is making him out to be the F***ing messiah, but give credit where credit is due!!  Jesus F***ing christ, talk about an agenda..... you love nothing more than winding up the people who think the lad could actually bring something positive to this team. 

On the bench or subbed for half of them is that enough ?

And regarding this ludicrous post... Aqua started 31 games for Juve in Seria A last season.  He scored 2 and racked up 5 assists. 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/13752/alberto-aquilani?cc=5901
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #632: Aug 01, 2011 08:58:21 pm
      Based on the handful of Blackpool games I saw last season I was not happy with the signing of Adam and the few pre season games I have seen him in have made me more convinced that he is not going to cut it at Liverpool. I think Aqualani is far better option with a far better touch, vision and general all round creativity. Basically I think everything Adam was bought for Aquilani is better at. People are fooling themselves if they think kenny wont make mistakes in the transfer market. If you ask me the only signing we made this summer who actually improves us as a team is Downing. I am very worried going into this new season, a terrible pre season and I think it would be hard to find the last time we conceded so many goals during one. And I strongly disagree with a buy British policy, over priced and over hyped players who rarely live up to there potential.

Spot on mate. I genuinely fear for liverpool this season. Ohh ill be called a WUM having a pop at certain players. Its an opinion deal with it folks.  IMO I think Kenny has bought badly. Henderson was simply never needed and completely overpriced. Adam? Slow and lethargic. A big fish in a small pond at Blackpool.  He may prove me wrong. Downing? Quality player imo and he'll prove his worth. We lack top quality defenders at center back and left back and quality back up for Suarez. Kuyt and Ngog are limited footballers imo. Creatively poor and lack consistency.  

P.S there is a serious lack of pace up front too
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #633: Aug 01, 2011 08:59:11 pm
      And regarding this ludicrous post... Aqua started 31 games for Juve in Seria A last season.  He scored 2 and racked up 5 assists. 

Ludicrous? How many games subbed? Or you just throwing insults for fun?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #634: Aug 01, 2011 08:59:48 pm

Unless Aqua wants out he should be kept at all costs. Added to Henderson Stevie Adam Lucas and Downing oh and Raul if he stays thats an awesome pick and gives excellent options

Henderson looks like hes going to be a top player. Impressed with his workrate hell grow in to the side and get more confident the more he plays cant wait to see him in there with Stevie and Luis
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #635: Aug 01, 2011 09:02:03 pm
      I think you'll get your wish though Gazza, I think someone like Milan will snap him up before the close of the window, I fear for you if he stayed because I don't think you could handle him being a top player for us for whatever reason
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #636: Aug 01, 2011 09:03:53 pm
      I think you'll get your wish though Gazza, I think someone like Milan will snap him up before the close of the window, I fear for you if he stayed because I don't think you could handle him being a top player for us for whatever reason

If he does go I think well be selling ourselves way short on the prices that seem to be getting mentioned
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #637: Aug 01, 2011 09:05:37 pm
       AA >best player again IMO  (and only played 30 mins) and has been good every piece of game in this preseason, and we are trying to offload him, sad, said that,  hope the player does not want to leave , if so , so be it
       In kenny we trust
        . YNWA

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #638: Aug 01, 2011 09:06:23 pm
      I'd like to know why Adam and Aquilani can't co-exist in a team without posters here going at each others throats constantly. Both players have positives and negatives but both might well be needed before this season is finished. Takes a strong starting XI and a strong bench to see a side succeed in the PL.

Most distressing thing I see with LFC is some of the fan's. We are not suppose to slag our own players...or the manager; we are supposed to be better than that.

Gazza- AA has not had a great run of games to prove himself in the squad...he has some decent qualities about him and may yet prove to be a valuable resource to this club.

Corr- AA is not Jesus Christ reincarnate...nor is Adam & Carroll satan or his spawn....Our manager rates both of them quite highly it seems and they should be given a chance to prove themselves.

Was not around when Lucas came on board but I notice that even after all these years he is still a flashpoint...seems that Adam & Carroll are the new faces of the same old bitter arguments.

Beyond me why both you guy's can't just agree to disagree...I get the agenda posters like burdog and leeboy have..they are just muppets out for a rile...you two should know better then to drag each thread into a pissing contest that the rest of us need to wade thru on a daily basis.

Kiss and make up fella's and give us all a break for awhile  :) We all support the same club here.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2011 09:12:52 pm by AZPatriot »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #639: Aug 01, 2011 09:20:52 pm
      My own view on Aquilani is that as sometimes happens with him a few of his "moments" came off. He had a couple of good shots and took a couple of good corners and............ well that was it wasn't it?

My opinion is that he just doesn't do enough in a game. Yes every now an then he will create something, but is that enough to warrent a place in the side? Obviously if he started to produce week in week out I would have to review my opinion of him, but at the moment I am happy with my opinion that he just doesn't do enough to earn a regular start in the team and I will be extremely surprised if he manages to force his way into the team this season.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #640: Aug 01, 2011 09:26:48 pm
      I was working so couldn't get seeing the game so if anyone would be nice and tell me - did Downing have a good game?

vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #641: Aug 01, 2011 09:29:45 pm
      our defending was just pathetic. Kind of like jinz isn't it?- conceding 3 in every pre-season so far.
      Oustanding staff from Downing and Henderson. Got a feeling a better understanding will ensue and the team's play will be more fluid with each game. Agger is my man of the match.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #642: Aug 01, 2011 09:32:18 pm
      Did Kenny mention Aqua after the match?
      I was working so couldn't get seeing the game so if anyone would be nice and tell me - did Downing have a good game?

Very good

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #643: Aug 01, 2011 09:33:57 pm
      Downing was our best player

Quick Reply