Read 1778 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Kings Of Leon Cancel US Tour
      Aug 02, 2011 02:20:06 pm
      Kings of Leon cancel US tour amid 'problems'

Kings of Leon have cancelled their US tour amid reports of problems within the band.

The cancellation comes three days after frontman Caleb Followill left the stage during a show in Dallas, Texas.

He said he was no longer able to sing because of "heat exhaustion and dehydration".

But his brother, bassist Jared Followill, said in a tweet that the band has "internal sicknesses & problems" that go beyond dehydration.

"I can't lie," he wrote. "There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

Drummer Nathan Followill added in a separate Twitter message: "Not so good morning 4 me today. Ashamed & embarrassed by last night's fiasco."

The cancellation of the US tour was announced in a statement by the Nashville-based band on Monday.

It said the band members were "devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break".

The band are to return to the road in Vancouver, Canada, on 28 September. The cancelled shows will not be rescheduled.

"Thanks to all our true fans for understanding and helping us through this hard time," Caleb Followill said on Twitter.

Kings of Leon, who are all family members and originally from Tennessee, have had huge global success with their singles including Use Somebody and Sex on Fire.

They have released five studio albums, the fourth of which - Only by the Night - was platinum selling.

The band won two Brit awards in 2009 as well as two Grammys in the same year plus another Grammy in 2008.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14367943
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Re: Kings Of Leon Cancel US Tour
      Reply #1: Aug 02, 2011 02:40:43 pm
      Hope they sort it, really good band the KOL and amazing live.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Aug 02, 2011 03:06:23 pm
      Thought their last two albums were bollocks anyway. All their best material is on their first two albums. They changed their sound. For the worse in my opinion. Not to the masses though, which is all that matters on the commercial side of the music industry I suppose.

I'd probably prefer them to pack it in now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,272 posts | 4935 
      Reply #3: Aug 02, 2011 07:56:41 pm
      Thought their last two albums were bollocks anyway. All their best material is on their first two albums. They changed their sound. For the worse in my opinion. Not to the masses though, which is all that matters on the commercial side of the music industry I suppose.

Agree Paul.

I love their early stuff and haven't been interested in the band since Sex On Fire came out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Aug 02, 2011 08:00:19 pm
      Never been a fan of them to be honest.

I hate the song "Use Somebody" so much, that I didn't even go after the rest of their stuff.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Aug 02, 2011 08:04:15 pm
      There best stuff was certainly Molly's Chambers and Four Kicks. Gone over to the obvious side of rock lately but still a great live band. Read that he just walked off to get a beer and didn't come back on stage. Shame to see more rock based musicians going off the rails
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6: Aug 02, 2011 08:07:29 pm

The first two albums were the best of the bunch and gotta admit they're the only ones I got but they're better than some of the crap getting airtime at the minute.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #7: Aug 02, 2011 09:29:09 pm
      The first album was brilliant, second was good...for me the rest were a band who lost their roots and "sold out" to the asda crew  :f_tongueincheek:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Aug 02, 2011 11:27:58 pm

I totally agree. I cannot stand Use Somebody and Sex On Fire. I liked their older stuff very much but they really sold out big time and tried to be as big as Oasis, Coldplay or U2 but it just looked so unnatural and desperately forced. Now I don't mind big commercial bands like Oasis Coldplay and U2 or even some of The Killers as I do feel they have stayed true to themselves despite making some obviously massive singles but Kings of Leon have just become a big no no. The difference between KOL and the three of Oasis, Coldplay and U2 is that they have made genuinely great records that just happen to be massive commercial hits whether it be Definitely Maybe, A Rush Of Blood To The Head or The Joshua Tree. The two big commercial hits from KOL have been bollocks though.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Aug 03, 2011 09:01:39 am
      They are such divas. Just F***ing get on with it, they walked off at Reading festival a few years back as well.
      dk19
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Kings Of Leon Cancel US Tour--Recent Cop-Out Vindicates St. Louis
      Reply #10: Aug 03, 2011 04:56:02 pm
      So, it turns out (unsurprisingly) that the Kings of Leon encounter a lot of "incidents." From the infamous St. Louis pigeon gate to half-assing a show in Dallas after getting sick onstage, the Kings of Leon have finally canceled their US Tour because of illness, band problems...well, a lot of things I'm sure. The Riverfront Times has been covering all of these instances of wussiness, with more details on why exactly this tour is canceled, which can be read here:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2011/08/kings_of_leon_pigeon_gate_dallas.php

Quick Reply