Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

I need some advice!!

Read 2534 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      I need some advice!!
      Sep 01, 2007 08:35:18 pm
      I need some advice because this is a special moment for me, my daughter was 8 when she first went my other daughter didn't go till she was 22 but thats another story. However a Father and son match is well something special (no disrespect to our lovely ladies but the men who have sons will know what I mean)

This is my son

His name is Bradley he is 3 years old and his fav player is Jamie Carragher. He will be till the day he dies a red and that is a fact. Now my problem is this, I want to take him to anfield before we move to the big landmark in Stanley Park. At 3 people have told me he is too young to go, I complain bitterly to my wife that I dint think he is, I need some people to back me up here and really state some opion and thought on wheather I should take him to his first EPL match at Christmas time ( or maybe before) Some thoughts and opions would be most appreciated folks thanks as I really want him to go to anfield before we move and experience it in a season where we may get our first league title for 17 years.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2007 11:44:00 pm by JD »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: I need some advice!!
      Reply #1: Sep 01, 2007 08:50:30 pm
      Ask your good lady this, Would she take Bradley to a once in a life time shoe sale? I think Anfield would be safer than hundreds of women at a shoe sale! I don't have kids myself but it's your call, It may be harder getting tickets than convincing your wife. Good Luck in your Quest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #2: Sep 01, 2007 09:30:39 pm
      That lad looks like a cracker in the shirt - devilish eyes though  >:D

I was only about five when I went to my first game, so if you think he could handle the crowds around anfield then why not.

I have seen people taking kids that look a lot younger, best way to start would be possibly be against lower opposition either a FA cup 3rd round game (should we be at home).

I think most of the dad and lad tickets for euro games are the anny road upper so that could also be a possibility!

Hope that helps in some way.

Are you teaching him any of the songs yet?

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Sep 01, 2007 09:45:17 pm
      thanks for the reply Huyton lad

Yes and no

He sings we won it 5 times, Rafa Rafa benitez and from listening to the tele and his sisters he already knows the steve Gerrad song and you know the one I mean ;D. Not that im proud but in a sense i am..

Have to say I was 7 when I went to my first match and that was at the anny road end, have to also say upper tear at anny seems to be the best idea from what you say but at 5 I think it may be too late for him to see anfield. I have to say Im still finding this quite a hard decision to be honest ;D. But im leaning toward a xmas trip
      Thanks again for the reply..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6951 
      Reply #4: Sep 01, 2007 10:15:11 pm
      My first game was when I was 6 (also the Anny Road) but football grounds weren't as 'friendly' as they are today.

Bear in mind we have another 3 years or so at our present ground - but I see no reason why you shouldn't take him maybe in a years time or something?

It HAS to be done for the sake of Bradley.

The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Sep 01, 2007 11:19:04 pm
      My first game was when I was 6 (also the Anny Road) but football grounds weren't as 'friendly' as they are today.

Bear in mind we have another 3 years or so at our present ground - but I see no reason why you shouldn't take him maybe in a years time or something?

It HAS to be done for the sake of Bradley.

:lmao: :lmao:

It shall be done
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Sep 01, 2007 11:22:52 pm
      I think 3 is a bit young to be honest, and if you think about it he won't remember it when he's older.

If it was me, I would leave it a couple of years till he is about 5, like JD said we'll still be at Anfield  and he's more likely to remember it when he's older and he'll probably appreciate more as well, and he'll love telling all his mates at school about it.

I took my lad to his first match at the age of 7. It was a evening European game, so hardly any away supporters at the match.

Good luck, but I'm with your wife on this one.

By the way, he looks great in his kit.

A future player maybe? How good would that be :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2007 01:55:26 am
      Bollocks its too young!
      Is he too young to go to church? Of course not   the little blighter got dunked for his christening I'd imagine and has had to endure a few long services.

Its your job to set the bedrock of a strong foundation....how much better can it get to attend the ultimate church, to adhere to the true higher calling and hear the roar of passion to put some hair on his chest!!!

PS he look like a midfielder to me....tenacious tackler with an eye for goal....do a Kirkland and put some money on it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2007 04:48:54 am
      You're never too young to go to Anfield!  :) You have to take him there before the move to the new stadium!

Imagine how proud he'll be to say he went to Anfield before the move to the new ground! To say he went to the ground where we won many leagues and beat many great sides! Where many generations of Reds grew up, singing You'll Never Walk Alone!

I've got my cousin from Malta coming over before the big move, just because he'll regret it for the rest of his life if he doesn't see the Fortress that is Anfield! Don't let that happen to Bradley!  :)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2007 08:28:14 am
      Some lovely answers here people and I appreciate all your advice MsGerrard you raise some good points for me to ponder I tell you. lester also makes a point and Im gonna have a flutter and do a kirkland ;D. I am though however leaning toward the Brum game on the 22nd and doing the anny road end but going with his sisters aswell. Im thinking of making him a banner so he can have a photo with Shanks stating its his first match, this way it will  be something for memories to cling too. Im still pondering though but thanks for all your replies .
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2007 10:06:35 pm
      Prag, don't listen to the woman.

Print this thread out and start his education off early.  It will give him a cracking story to tell the other kids when he starts nursery/school.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2007 11:14:27 pm
      Hey you ya cheeky get, I was only offering my advice, so there

Quick Reply