Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for the Arsenal game

Gerrin! We break our Emirates duck!
      (78.4%)
      Hmm. Draw.
      (17.2%)
      Boo! Another pointless day at Arsenal.
      (4.4%)

Pre Match - Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL - 20th August 2011, 12.45 pm)

Read 24943 times
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Re: Pre Match - Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL - 20th August 2011, 12.45 pm)
      Reply #276: Aug 19, 2011 07:21:24 pm
                        Reina

Agger    Skrtl    
      Johnson                       Enrique

Lucas Henderson
      Rodriguez                      Downing

Suarez
                             Kuyt

Subs: Carrol, Adam, Meireles, Aquilani, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Doni

Edit: Johnson is injured

Why Flannigan or Carraghar got picked rather than Skrtl in the last game discombobulated me.
      I believe Flannigan is to young and Carraghar is too old!

Skrtel was injured and him starting wouldn't have affected "Flannigan" starting, Skrtel is a CB, Flannigan is a FB

And Henderson not only in central midfield but in what looks like a defensive position?

You annoy me more and more every post

-.-
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #277: Aug 19, 2011 07:26:25 pm
      I think Skrtel and Johnson are injured mate.

When do they come back btw? Anybody knows?
                                                      Expected Rtn      Next Game
      G Johnson    Hamstring Injury            20th Aug 11    very doubtful
      M Skrtel    Calf Muscle Strain    20th Aug 11    slight doubt
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #278: Aug 19, 2011 07:32:13 pm
      It's a library there, if we score an early goal, all the boo boys will come out for sure :)

True, that.

Was in a library the other day, and a librarian tidied a book in the wrong shelf.

Next thing you know, 40,000 people immediately started shouting and booing!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #279: Aug 19, 2011 07:41:56 pm
      True, that.

Was in a library the other day, and a librarian tidied a book in the wrong shelf.

Next thing you know, 40,000 people immediately started shouting and booing!

Was that the one of the ones in London?, I believe there's a few down there!
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #280: Aug 19, 2011 07:45:44 pm
      Heres my team for what its worth

Umm

Yeah dont bother sending a team as Martin Atkinson is the f ucking ref so we are screwed FACT!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #281: Aug 19, 2011 07:54:00 pm
      when does the match day squad get announced?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #282: Aug 19, 2011 07:57:12 pm

Does it get announced ???
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #283: Aug 19, 2011 07:57:34 pm

It must already be known if not officially announced because a few lads on the forums already knew it. Isn't there a "bib test" or something where the lads who live near Melwood can tell who's going to be in the team and who isn't. There was a fella on Newkit used to get the team spot on every single time, that was even when we were "rotating" heavily.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #284: Aug 19, 2011 07:58:25 pm

Is someone being a Fantasy Football swot? :p
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #285: Aug 19, 2011 07:59:22 pm
                         Reina

Agger    Skrtl   
      Johnson                       Enrique

Lucas Henderson
      Rodriguez                      Downing

Suarez
                             Kuyt

Subs: Carrol, Adam, Meireles, Aquilani, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Doni

Why Flannigan or Carraghar got picked rather than Skrtl in the last game discombobulated me.
      I believe Flannigan is to young and Carraghar is too old!

We don't have anyone called Carraghar, Skrtl or Flannigan so I'm not too sure I understand what you're trying to say here.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #286: Aug 19, 2011 08:02:21 pm
      We don't have anyone called Carraghar, Skrtl or Flannigan so I'm not too sure I understand what you're trying to say here.
      Ignore him, this isn't my first encounter with cjchaos, he knows absolutely nothing about football
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #287: Aug 19, 2011 08:35:56 pm
      I am still undecided on this game right now, even the bookies are against us! Bet365 have Arsenal at 13-8 for a win, have they not seen their recent form?? then again this is the gunners at home at that's usually a tough game!

Anyway here's my team

As we know it's gonna get tough to get a start this season, but I think the first performance related drop has to be Carroll, we need a stong team that's going to run them ragged and with Downing and Kuyt on the wings we should have great support for the man of the moment Suarez, better still we have a Gerrard in the making in Adam who can also be our stand in penalty taker too!  Lucas will be as class as ever in the centre and will sure keep the gunners firing blanks all afternoon! Defence will be enforced again with the return of Johnson.

I want to be optomistic I really do, but I think it's gonna be a really close game, but I guess having their new lad suspended and noFabricarse will help!

Really hard for me AJ to ever see a line-up (barring injury of course) that does not have Carroll in it....bout 0% chance of that happening. though I can understand the reasoning of it, he is as penciled in every week as Suarez or Lucas. From the Sunderland game I thought Carroll was one of our better performers and played at a pretty high tempo myself.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011 08:41:02 pm by AZPatriot »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #288: Aug 19, 2011 08:36:55 pm
      It must already be known if not officially announced because a few lads on the forums already knew it. Isn't there a "bib test" or something where the lads who live near Melwood can tell who's going to be in the team and who isn't. There was a fella on Newkit used to get the team spot on every single time, that was even when we were "rotating" heavily.

I guess someone could physically see who gets on t'coach or rather hear from someone who works at Melwood.....
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #289: Aug 19, 2011 08:44:25 pm
      Really hard for me AJ to ever see a line-up (barring injury of course) that does not have Carroll in it....bout 0% chance of that happening. though I can understand the reasoning of it, he is as penciled in every week as Suarez or Lucas. From the Sunderland game I thought Carroll was one of our better performers and played at a pretty high tempo myself.

I think your right you don't spend Ā£35m on a striker to sit on the bench (unless you own Man City)
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #290: Aug 19, 2011 08:55:07 pm
      I think it will be embarassing for us if we don't at least draw if not win tomorrow's game. This is an Arsenal team without  Gibbs,Djourou,Song,Gervinho,Wilshere,Rosicky, Cesc is gone, Nasri will be on the bench I reckon. We are playing a team completely dishevelled with injuries and suspensions.  We have to take advantage and deliver
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #291: Aug 19, 2011 10:05:47 pm
      Whatever about injuries etc. it's still Arsenal at home and we have a poor record there. Plus it's gonna to take our lads time to really gel/get into a rhythm.
      But in Carroll we have the type of guy they don't like defending against, someone who can really knock them about. Would love to see him open his account with a towering header.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #292: Aug 19, 2011 10:28:19 pm
      I think it will be embarassing for us if we don't at least draw if not win tomorrow's game. This is an Arsenal team without  Gibbs,Djourou,Song,Gervinho,Wilshere,Rosicky, Cesc is gone, Nasri will be on the bench I reckon. We are playing a team completely dishevelled with injuries and suspensions.  We have to take advantage and deliver

I agree, as I said in a previous post this is a statement match...with all of they're issues we need to come out firing and keep our foot on the pedal for 90m.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #293: Aug 19, 2011 10:40:44 pm
      I think some of us are missing the bigger picture here, why do we have to take advantage of Arsenals low ebb, why can"t we beat them man for man?We have rebuilt and are now showing intent ,we have to start beating Arsenal not just when their down but also when their up.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #294: Aug 19, 2011 10:45:06 pm
      I think some of us are missing the bigger picture here, why do we have to take advantage of Arsenals low ebb, why can"t we beat them man for man?We have rebuilt and are now showing intent ,we have to start beating Arsenal not just when their down but also when their up.

Because we do not dictate they're health..the sign of a good team is they play the best teams competitively and should destroy lesser opponents. That was a problem we had last year...beat Citeh and then lose to a lesser squad...beat the Manc's lose to West Brom.

Arsenal's suspension/health issues are none of our concern...we can only play what we are given to play against...so right now in they're circumstances we need to ram the ball down they're throats...its what would be expected of a good side.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #295: Aug 19, 2011 10:53:21 pm

The Arse v Liverpool: Stat Attack

All stats are provided by BBC:

Head-to-head

* It is 11-and-a-half years since Liverpoolā€™s last win at Arsenal, a 1-0 victory in February 2000. The Merseyside club have never won at the Emirates.
          * Last seasonā€™s corresponding fixture saw the latest goals scored in Premier League history. Arsenal took the lead with a penalty in the eighth minute of stoppage time, only for Liverpool to equalise with a spot-kick of their own four minutes later.
          * Liverpool have won only three of their last 20 Premier League games against Arsenal, and none of the last eight.
          * There have been more hat-tricks scored in this fixture than any other in Premier League history (five).

Arsenal

* Arsenal are unbeaten in their first home league game of a season since 2001, winning in each of the last four years.
          * According to Opta, Arsenal won 64% of their league matches with Cesc Fabregas in the starting XI last season, but only 31% without him.
          * Arsenal conceded a higher proportion of goals from set-pieces (53.5%) than any other team in the Premier League last season.
          * Theo Walcott is poised to make his 200th club career appearance.

Liverpool

* Liverpool had the best head-to-head record between ā€œBig Fourā€ clubs last season, winning three of their six league meetings and picking up 11 points.
          * They have averaged a point per game from their last 14 away matches.
          * Liverpool have scored 36 goals in 19 league games under Kenny Dalglish, whereas when Roy Hodgson was in charge they mustered only 24 in 20.
          * Andy Carroll is set to make his 100th career league appearance.
          * Dirk Kuyt is looking for his 50th Premier League goal.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #296: Aug 19, 2011 10:59:42 pm
      Because we do not dictate they're health..the sign of a good team is they play the best teams competitively and should destroy lesser opponents. That was a problem we had last year...beat Citeh and then lose to a lesser squad...beat the Manc's lose to West Brom.

Arsenal's suspension/health issues are none of our concern...we can only play what we are given to play against...so right now in they're circumstances we need to ram the ball down they're throats...its what would be expected of a good side.
      no AZ this is just a temporary problem that Arsenal are having , but it"s a long term problem that we have in beating them , when we can beat a full strength Arsenal squad i will be very happy, don"t get me wrong if we beat them tomorrow i"ll also be happy but i"m talking about us building a good track record against them, when we can do that we will be PL champions.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #297: Aug 19, 2011 11:01:03 pm
      Damn. Didn't realise our record was so bad against Arsenal  :- Liverpool have won only three of their last 20 Premier League games against Arsenal, and none of the last eight.

We really need to start putting that record straight tomorrow.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #298: Aug 19, 2011 11:13:59 pm
      The last time we beat them in the PL was march 31st 2007 4/1 at Anfield the rest have been losses and draws, we beat them in the CL but we"ve always been fantastic in Europe and they haven"t,

Quick Reply