Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for the Arsenal game

Gerrin! We break our Emirates duck!
      (78.4%)
      Hmm. Draw.
      (17.2%)
      Boo! Another pointless day at Arsenal.
      (4.4%)

Pre Match - Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL - 20th August 2011, 12.45 pm)

Read 25242 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Pre Match - Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL - 20th August 2011, 12.45 pm)
      Reply #253: Aug 19, 2011 03:55:48 pm
      It would be terrible for Flanno's confidence if Kenny dropped him for this match because of that one mistake he made against Sunderland, although I agree Kelly should no doubt be ahead of him.

To be fair, he was awful on the day. Not just one mistake. Plenty.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #254: Aug 19, 2011 04:00:55 pm
      It would be terrible for Flanno's confidence if Kenny dropped him for this match because of that one mistake he made against Sunderland, although I agree Kelly should no doubt be ahead of him.

He doesn't need to be gifted game after game to help his confidence.  Young lads like him need to be given an occasional game here and there to get a taste of 1st team footie, then withdrawn to keep them hungry for more.  He needs to continue to develop as a player.  Once he is worthy of being our regular 1st choice RB, then we should look to nurture his confidence.  

If the lad can't take being dropped and doesn't want to work his ass off to earn his way back into the starting 11, then he will never make it as a top professional.  However, I don't think we will have to worry about this with Flanno.  He seems a very diligent worker, and he will not give up if he is removed from the starting lineup against Arsenal.  I also expect Kelly (if selected in the starting lineup) to play with confidence and desire to make the position his own despite being dropped for a youth player for the home opener....
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #255: Aug 19, 2011 04:05:23 pm
      I am, my mate at the academy was telling us last week at the Sunderland game, Kelly is being groomed to replace Carra, it's why he's also being working on his upper body strength in the summer.

He looks a F***ing beast now, and what's scary is that he will only get bigger!

As long as he keeps his mobility though, it's all good :)

I'm sure Arsenal will be a tough match, and we need to get this one right - a decent win would do wonders for confidence.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #256: Aug 19, 2011 05:38:21 pm
      I fully understand if he does get dropped as for now Kelly is a better RB than him. But i meant for him to be dropped with that mistake highlighted as the reason would be bad for his confidence, I know he isn't there to be our regular right back, but the fact that kenny started him there over Kelly in our first game signifies something in his trust for Flanno.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #257: Aug 19, 2011 06:30:59 pm
      Martin Atkinson is the ref.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #258: Aug 19, 2011 06:33:05 pm
      Feeling really confident about this one, going for a 3-0 win.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #259: Aug 19, 2011 06:36:01 pm
      It should be an edgy atmosphere at the Emirates. And if Nasri starts, then the crowd might go f**kin mental. Also, if we score in the first 10 or 15 mins, the Londoners will start booing their players.

Come on, you redmen! Time to perform and show the world that we will be back in the CL next year.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #260: Aug 19, 2011 06:40:24 pm
      Feeling really confident about this one, going for a 3-0 win.

Not too confident I'm afraid. After watching the lads from the stands last Saturday, I don't think we're anywhere near fit enough to keep up with the pace of the league yet and therefore I can see us retreating and slowing down in the second half.

The key for me tomorrow is for us to bang a few goals in, in the first half and then shut up shop. We have to create and take our chances early on.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #261: Aug 19, 2011 06:43:09 pm
      Not too confident I'm afraid. After watching the lads from the stands last Saturday, I don't think we're anywhere near fit enough to keep up with the pace of the league yet and therefore I can see us retreating and slowing down in the second half.

The key for me tomorrow is for us to bang a few goals in, in the first half and then shut up shop. We have to create and take our chances early on.

Well looking at Arsenal last weekend and Wednesday, they weren't much fitter either, if at all.

And a big difference between the sides, is that we will have a far stronger bench, then Arsenal will.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #262: Aug 19, 2011 06:48:43 pm
      Well looking at Arsenal last weekend and Wednesday, they weren't much fitter either, if at all.

And a big difference between the sides, is that we will have a far stronger bench, then Arsenal will.

Not interested in what Arsenal looked like to be honest mate. I'm more interested in how we play and knock the ball about.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #263: Aug 19, 2011 06:52:34 pm
      Poor team or not, it's still Arsenal at the Emirates

I'd still start our strongest squad and hopefully destroy them
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #264: Aug 19, 2011 06:55:06 pm
      I am still undecided on this game right now, even the bookies are against us! Bet365 have Arsenal at 13-8 for a win, have they not seen their recent form?? then again this is the gunners at home at that's usually a tough game!

Anyway here's my team

As we know it's gonna get tough to get a start this season, but I think the first performance related drop has to be Carroll, we need a stong team that's going to run them ragged and with Downing and Kuyt on the wings we should have great support for the man of the moment Suarez, better still we have a Gerrard in the making in Adam who can also be our stand in penalty taker too!  Lucas will be as class as ever in the centre and will sure keep the gunners firing blanks all afternoon! Defence will be enforced again with the return of Johnson.

I want to be optomistic I really do, but I think it's gonna be a really close game, but I guess having their new lad suspended and noFabricarse will help!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #265: Aug 19, 2011 06:56:05 pm
      Our first half against Sunderland was impressive, if we can show that over two halves I think we could beat anyone.

Arsenal are having a nervy time at the moment, on and off the pitch, I think we could capitalise on that.

I doubt Nasri will play with his transfer taking place, and they've already lost Fabregas, that straight away was huge importance last season for Arsenal, then you could look at their defence; yet to sign a solid centre back and Djourou is injured I think, they haven't replace Clichy and Gibbs is injured - also haven't signed an experienced keeper. Their midfield looks weak especially now that Wilshere is injured, and Song is suspended. Gervinho also can't play.

The only threats I can see in their team is Arshavin and Van Persie, and even they have been off form of late.

I just feel that if we can't beat an extremely weakened and demoralised Arsenal then there is problems. I'm going to stick with my 3-0 win.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #266: Aug 19, 2011 06:58:41 pm
      Our first half against Sunderland was impressive, if we can show that over two halves I think we could beat anyone.

Spot on mate. Can you see us at that fitness level to put that amount of work in tomorrow though?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #267: Aug 19, 2011 06:59:26 pm
      Not interested in what Arsenal looked like to be honest mate. I'm more interested in how we play and knock the ball about.

I can't disagree with that; agree whole hartedly.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #268: Aug 19, 2011 07:10:12 pm
      Blast it I just read the article again on Johnson and I stand corrected it actually states that he is the only doubt for tomorrow! (there's that wishful thinking again) in which case I would start Flanno without a doubt, it may sound strange but he's doing really well right now and Kelly needs to up his game for a start!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #269: Aug 19, 2011 07:10:47 pm
      Can't believe i'm missing this FFS, anyone know how I could get the match on my iphone.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #270: Aug 19, 2011 07:12:56 pm
      I just feel that if we can't beat an extremely weakened and demoralised Arsenal then there is problems. I'm going to stick with my 3-0 win.

I see your point, we do have an advantage at the Emirates so we should capitalise on that!

Just had a lil look on Arsenal Mania to see how they view the curreent situ and here's a post that stands out

Quote from:  fabo of ov Arsenal Mania on August 16th, 2011, 10:55 pm
      Not looking forward to this at all.

Home games with Liverpool are usually drab affairs, but I rarely fear losing to them. I do now.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011 07:19:23 pm by AJ »
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #271: Aug 19, 2011 07:14:28 pm
                         Reina

Agger    Skrtl    
      Johnson                       Enrique

Lucas Henderson
      Rodriguez                      Downing

Suarez
                             Kuyt

Subs: Carrol, Adam, Meireles, Aquilani, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Doni

Why Flannigan or Carraghar got picked rather than Skrtl in the last game discombobulated me.
      I believe Flannigan is to young and Carraghar is too old!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #272: Aug 19, 2011 07:16:20 pm
      I think Skrtel and Johnson are injured mate.

When do they come back btw? Anybody knows?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #273: Aug 19, 2011 07:17:25 pm
      Spot on mate. Can you see us at that fitness level to put that amount of work in tomorrow though?

We'll have to wait and see :)

Blast it I just read the article again on Johnson and I stand corrected it actually states that he is the only doubt for tomorrow! (there's that wishful thinking again) in which case I would start Flanno without a doubt, it may sound strange but he's doing really well right now and Kelly needs to up his game for a start!

Flanno had a stinker in the second half of the game against Sunderland, I was getting annoyed a lot as he weren't getting close enough to his man and quite sloppy on the ball, he was solid the end of last season though. Personally I'd rather play Kelly there, I think he has a better all round game. Wouldn't be too bothered either way though.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #274: Aug 19, 2011 07:17:46 pm
      Let's snuff out Walcott,and put these bas**rds to the sword !! 3-0
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #275: Aug 19, 2011 07:19:03 pm
      I see your point, we do have an advantage at the Emirates so we should capitalise on that!

It's a library there, if we score an early goal, all the boo boys will come out for sure :)

Quick Reply