Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      154 (62.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      25 (10.1%)
      Raul Meireles
      9 (3.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      3 (1.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      38 (15.3%)
      Martin Kelly
      19 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!

Read 65898 times
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Re: Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!
      Reply #1035: Aug 22, 2011 01:11:32 pm
      If we are being honest with ourselves we will admit Carroll was poor, his movement was poor and his touch extremely poor. His mobility is a big issue.

What did Carragher say Vermalen would have been man of the match if we hadn't scored the 2 goals, who was Vermalen marking. Carroll being taken off was highlighted on the Premiership as one of the main turning points in the match down his poor touch which they showed examples of.

Lot of crosses Saturday he was no where for, people want patience shown to the lad which I'm sure Kenny will but there is no point saying he was good when he clearly wasn't. Barring 1 game for us he has been well below par so far
      Agree , Well said
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1036: Aug 22, 2011 02:10:18 pm
      Henderson completed the most passes on the pitch, he made 59 at a pass completetion rate of 90%, think he's going to be like Lucas, it's going to take people abit of time to realise he's good.

It's a good pass completion ratio, but a lot of his passes were short and simple and not very effective imo. It's not what you want from a player playing in an attacking role. He looks like a player more suited to central midfield.

Stats are good to a certain extent, I can see the positives of it, but there are also negatives. I tend to base my opinion on what I see than stats.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1037: Aug 22, 2011 03:27:29 pm
      Henderson completed the most passes on the pitch, he made 59 at a pass completetion rate of 90%, think he's going to be like Lucas, it's going to take people abit of time to realise he's good.

Agreed ... I can already see our boring, yet very effective midfield partnership for many years ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1038: Aug 22, 2011 03:30:47 pm

Poulsen had a high pass completion rate, none of them led to any chances.

Henderson will take time to develop as a player and gain in confidence.  He will be great, but should not be starting atm - Lucas should not have started when he was too young, but we had no other option.

Adam had a lower pass completion rate (still good mind) but they were much more effective passes, forward, into dangerous areas.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1039: Aug 22, 2011 03:30:55 pm
      It's a good pass completion ratio, but a lot of his passes were short and simple and not very effective imo. It's not what you want from a player playing in an attacking role. He looks like a player more suited to central midfield.

Stats are good to a certain extent, I can see the positives of it, but there are also negatives. I tend to base my opinion on what I see than stats.

Liverpool philsophy during our most succesful times, was to keep the ball and pass and move, we can already see this being implented by Kenny, Henderson is good at this style IMO.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #1040: Aug 22, 2011 03:32:59 pm
      I love this people trying to blame everyone but Carroll, his touch not for the first time was awful while his movement was extremely poor, especially from crosses.

He was on his heals and barring one header attacked nothing. I know people really want him to be a success because of the price tag but a lot of people are burying there head in the sand with him.

When I've seen Kuyt play with Suarez he has been excellant, strange that

They must have forgotten that Lucas was playing. Wait a minute he is alright nowadays init.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1041: Aug 22, 2011 03:34:15 pm
      Poulsen had a high pass completion rate, none of them led to any chances.

Henderson will take time to develop as a player and gain in confidence.  He will be great, but should not be starting atm - Lucas should not have started when he was too young, but we had no other option.

Adam had a lower pass completion rate (still good mind) but they were much more effective passes, forward, into dangerous areas.
      Adam's passes were not effective as they didn't find a player in a Liverpool shirt alot of the time, I'd love to know Adam's pass completetion rate for forward passes agianst Arsenal.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1042: Aug 22, 2011 03:39:30 pm
      Adam's passes were not effective as they didn't find a player in a Liverpool shirt alot of the time, I'd love to know Adam's pass completetion rate for forward passes agianst Arsenal.

Will look for raw stats later, but there is -

Quote from: Anfield Index
      Let’s break some of Adam’s passes down as Charlie once again made the most passes in the game for Liverpool FC. A trend I believe will continue as he sits in the middle and dictates play.

Through Balls

Adam played two through balls and both were accurate. One of them was a brilliant pass, slicing Arsenal’s right side apart, to send Downing through who forced a save from the Arsenal keeper in the second half.

Chipped Passes

Liverpool’s newest playmaker also made four chipped passes of which only one was successful (25%).

Long Balls

Out of his five long balls attempted two were on the money equating to a 40% success rate for his long balls.

Long Passes (from defence to attack)

Adam attempted six long passes from defence and four of these were successful giving an accuracy of 67%. Another sign that he’s going to be taking the role of Alonso in the Liverpool team.
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #1043: Aug 22, 2011 07:01:43 pm
      Will look for raw stats later, but there is -

This is a great write up you posted that from...

http://www.anfieldindex.com/3116/game-won-liverpool-fc-arsenal.html#tb

Very Interesting stuff indeed. Lucas and Adam made 55% of our teams tackles.. sweet, and Walcot made 4 passes in the first half (from enrique's pocket no doubt)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1044: Aug 22, 2011 08:39:59 pm
      Great result and just the kind of momentum we need early on!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1045: Aug 22, 2011 08:48:19 pm
      Great result and just the kind of momentum we need early on!!
      Great resul to build on
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #1046: Aug 22, 2011 09:01:38 pm

Very Interesting stuff indeed. Lucas and Adam made 55% of our teams tackles.. sweet, and Walcot made 4 passes in the first half (from enrique's pocket no doubt)

Seen that too, from reading that it makes out Lucas was better still Adam gets the 3 bonus points in fantasy football :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1047: Aug 22, 2011 09:34:23 pm
      Just watched the game again on .tv. Was interesting watching Meireles give Lucas the finger.

You see, I am not a great fan of the "yo-yo" philosophy ... I was not too bothered about the last week's result, and I have tried to look at the positives and negatives from that match ... I am doing the same with yesterdays' match ... Once you get to have a more balanced approach to our games, you don't really jump from depression into euphoria, depending on the result ...

I love the euphoric feeling of three points. It's F***ing boss! And I hate the gloom of a defeat. But why would you want to control or dampen down raw natural emotion and passion?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1048: Aug 22, 2011 09:58:48 pm
      I love the euphoric feeling of three points. It's f**king boss! And I hate the gloom of a defeat. But why would you want to control or dampen down raw natural emotion and passion?

Because when you see how your country disappears in 4 wars over 9 years, with hundreds of thousands losing their lives or their homes, you learn that the game of football, no matter how entertaining, is not the most important thing in life ... I still very much enjoy my football, but I am not losing any sleep over it ...
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #1049: Aug 22, 2011 10:03:46 pm
      Because when you see how your country disappears in 4 wars over 9 years, with hundreds of thousands losing their lives or their homes, you learn that the game of football, no matter how entertaining, is not the most important thing in life ... I still very much enjoy my football, but I am not losing any sleep over it ...

You only sleep 4 hours a night Mac, we can see how long your logged in for posting articles
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1050: Aug 22, 2011 10:07:02 pm

Wasn't having a go at you. We've all had our fair share of personal troubles, I'm sure. I just think that's the beauty of football - how it has your emotions all over the place. Especially at our club.

Going back to the point at hand. I'll always take three points and not have a good game at a tough ground to go to.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #1051: Aug 22, 2011 10:36:38 pm
      Going back to the point at hand. I'll always take three points and not have a good game at a tough ground to go to.

Exactly Kenny. If we are getting three points while still not playing as well as we can that is a good thing in my book.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1052: Aug 23, 2011 01:03:31 am

Surely this can't be right?. After reading the various posts on Charlie Adam recently i thought he was a fat, slow c**t who can't tackle?  :f_tongueincheek:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1053: Aug 23, 2011 01:07:20 am
      Surely this can't be right?. After reading the various posts on Charlie Adam recently I thought he was a fat, slow c**t who can't tackle?  :f_tongueincheek:

Your right with the first two points right !!! He's got massive moobs, wonder if he wears a sports bra.

I thinks he's a very fine tackler, just needs to work on his fitness which will come hopefully, in time.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1054: Aug 23, 2011 01:24:19 am
      Just re-watched the 1st half.  Got to say we pressed well.  The pass and move between our defence & midfield was very good.  Henderson was hardly involved for the vast majority, though he did have a few nice touches.  Adam was largely wasteful with set pieces and lost possession, softly, a few times.  Lucas also misjudged a couple of tackles, which directly lead to Arsenal (half-) chances.  Kelly stood out for me, Carroll looked like he was just off the pace, a few times where  if he was just a little sharper or 1/2 a pace quicker.  Reina made some very good clearances from corners and a very good save from Frimpong.  Carra & Agger had little to do, but did most of it well, one slight mistimed slide from Agger and one wasteful unneeded hoof from Carra.  Enrique was good as well, two little errors, a poor back pass and caught out of position once, but everything else he did was very good.  Thought Downing had a productive first half, Kuyt looked off the pace for the most part, but his work rate led to a couple of chances.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1055: Aug 23, 2011 01:32:27 am
      You only sleep 4 hours a night Mac, we can see how long your logged in for posting articles

Were you trying to be funny lad?

sh*t attempt if you did.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1056: Aug 23, 2011 01:33:09 am
      Were you trying to be funny lad?

Sh*t attempt if you did.

Shoot em down Dado :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1057: Aug 23, 2011 01:49:31 am
      Not shooting anything down but I can personally relate to Mac's experience myself as I have gone through it myself so I can be a bit sensitive and protective when people are disrespectful about it even if it means going off topic on a footy forum.

Anyways first win at the Emirates cheerios!

Quick Reply