Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Do you care about the League Cup?

Yes
      (96.8%)
      No
      (2.4%)
      Indifferent
      (0.8%)

Who cares about the League Cup?

Read 24015 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Who cares about the League Cup?
      Reply #207: Dec 01, 2011 11:32:27 am
      We should all care about this Trophy. 

Win this in March and we have already qualified for Europe next season.  I know it's not the CL but knowing we are in Europe so early will take the pressure off our push for a top 4 place.

What am I talking about, we'll be comfortably in the top 4 by March  ;)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #208: Dec 01, 2011 11:48:43 am
      Much rather face City in the semi's than in the final and I would back us against anyone over 2 legs. Wonder if we would have strengthend the squad by the time this comes around.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #209: Dec 01, 2011 12:15:22 pm
      It would be great to have a trophy in our cupboard, by early spring, the Carling cup would do nicely just for starters.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #210: Dec 01, 2011 12:15:47 pm
      Would rather play them in the Semi, If we are to lose, then I'd rather it not be in the final.

We'll batter them anyway!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #211: Dec 01, 2011 01:58:29 pm
      We've locked horns with them already and we know what they are made of while we can still change the formation and they'll be guessing what team KD will play.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #212: Dec 01, 2011 02:14:34 pm
      I'm glad that they got us, i've said it before and i'll say it again, this is the beginning of a new rivalry, once it was Mancs and Gooners, then Mancs and Chavs, now its becoming LFC and Citeh, i believe this will be the trend in the next few seasons, even beyond,

we along with them will be the most consistent teams not only in terms of playing but by the way the clubs are run, they have the most money we have the history and the prestige,

this is just the start, and we could yet meet in the FA cup somewhere in either one of the rounds or semi/final, then you never know in the CL too,

they wont want to play us so often now they know we are a match for them thats for sure, and i say bring it f***in on, i love it when the odds on them are cut, that means we are the underdogs and that suits us just fine,

there is only one team going to win this, and they dont play in blue ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #213: Jan 08, 2012 01:24:00 am
      Assuming we make the final, it'll have a knock effect with the derby against Everton. Everton due at Anfield on the 25th of Feb, League Cup final due on the 26th.

Reckon a few more Reds are getting a bit more excited about the League Cup now we're in the semi finals. Would of loved Palace just to reminisce about the 01 semi when we twatted them 5-0 at Anfield an Igor Biscan getting his first Liverpool goal. But it's City and would love to shut those mouthy cu*ts up. F***ing small time club that they are.

Get ourselves to our first cup final at the new Wembley an just prove that we're still as good in the League Cup as we always have been.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #214: Jan 08, 2012 07:28:56 am
      Would rather play them in the Semi, If we are to lose, then I'd rather it not be in the final.

We'll batter them anyway!
      I would rather beat them in the semi and go on to Wembley and win there as well ,I feel confident that we can do City away and at Anfield.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #215: Jan 08, 2012 09:29:10 am
      Cant wait for these games and Im confident we can beat City over two legs.

See what we can get away then get them back to Anfield for what could be an amazing night!

Im going to both legs and would love nothing more than to go to Wembly to watch us, something which I've never done in the past. More importantly, the club needs to lift a trophy, we all know that winning breeds success so if we do go all the way hopefully, this will just be the start.

Madness to think the likes of Dirk havent lifted a trophy with the club.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 09:40:10 am by kelvo »
      RUMANU
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #216: Jan 08, 2012 09:32:35 am
      i'd care about it if we were still in it. cant see us winning anything else this season. watching what city did to you guys in the league confirmed how strong they are.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #217: Jan 08, 2012 11:02:05 am
      If we get a result on wednesday, Im confident we can win, esp. with Captain fantastic back, and wee bellers on such good form. and now Carroll & Downing have scored as well. It could be a good few weeks, even without suarez.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #218: Jan 08, 2012 11:23:10 am
      Quote from billythered
      this is the beginning of a new rivalry, once it was Mancs and Gooners, then Mancs and Chavs, now its becoming LFC and Citeh, i believe this will be the trend in the next few seasons, even beyond,

we along with them will be the most consistent teams not only in terms of playing but by the way the clubs are run, they have the most money we have the history and the prestige,

this is just the start

We have a rivalry with mancs, but it's the other mancs. City hate them as much as we do. And City's fans are in the main, decent skins who watched them play in Division 2. Good luck to them today. If they win, they might still have a hangover come Wednesday night.

Of course over 90 minutes, any respect for each other will be put aside. Whoever wins the semi-final will go on to win the trophy.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #219: Jan 12, 2012 01:25:08 pm
      Anyone still not care?
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #220: Jan 12, 2012 01:40:18 pm
      Cant wait for the 2nd leg at home its gonna be bouncing.
      90 minutes away from Kenny leading us out at the new Wembley
      BRING IT ON...................... ....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #221: Jan 12, 2012 02:33:44 pm

Surely not, ive cared since the season started, i want to win something, 6 years is too long and this is as  good a place to start..
      Kenny cares, you could see that at Exeter.. Ill be as happy as a pig in sh*t if we win this.. European football and a trophy in the bag,the FA cup and Champions league to chase with that monkey off our back...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #222: Jan 12, 2012 02:52:02 pm
      Would JD like to reveal who voted 'No' in the poll? :D

Because those fans surely don't give a sh*t about our win last night ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #223: Jan 12, 2012 03:02:16 pm
      To state that any tournament that can provide revenue, exposure and give the team a degree of kudos is not worth entering is downright foolish, so foolish in fact as to query the credibility of anyone who claims otherwise.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #224: Jan 12, 2012 06:04:24 pm
      I'm begining to warm to this competition TBH.  :roll:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #225: Jan 12, 2012 06:18:04 pm
      I warmed to it right from the start I did! :roll:

Ha seriously though we were never going to compete on all fronts this year and getting to any final will be a good achievement. Hopefully the goal of silverware, however big or small it's perceived, will spur the players on to win it, and then move on to better things.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #226: Jan 12, 2012 06:27:27 pm
      It may not be as prestigious as the Champions League or FA Cup but we still have to play the big teams to get to the final so anyone who says it's a mickey mouse trophy which big teams who want to win, don't care about it, is not right.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #227: Jan 12, 2012 06:50:12 pm
      Fans from all clubs over the country only say it's a small cup competition - when they are out of it. Fact.

Had Arsenal fans go on about how they always got to the latter stages etc. but it's suddenly a meaningless competition for them this time since they went out in the quarters!

Buzzing for the second leg already!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #228: Jan 12, 2012 08:08:07 pm
      I care about the league cup

A trophy would show us as a team we are ambitious to win more things in the future
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #229: Jan 12, 2012 10:57:38 pm
      We should never turn our noses up at any silverware ,the league cup has given us a lot of enjoyment over the decades, we also get a chance to field players that are on the margins.

Quick Reply