Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

John Flanagan
      (0.7%)
      Andy Carroll
      (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (0.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.4%)
      Danny Wilson
      (1.4%)
      Jack Robinson
      (0.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (81.1%)
      Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Jay Spearing
      (6.8%)

Exeter 1-3 Liverpool - post match "is right lad"

Read 51912 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Exeter 1-3 Liverpool - post match "is right lad"
      Reply #575: Aug 24, 2011 10:41:20 pm
      Anyone watching Sky, Did Andy Carroll get Carling MOTM?

No he gave it (the champagne) to Carroll to give to Suarez. Which looking at it now seems very unlikely to have happened ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #576: Aug 24, 2011 10:41:54 pm
      Great to see us through to the next round, professional win again and good to see Carroll and Suarez both bag a goal each.

Defense did well for majority of the game, Skrtel and Wilson were solid for most parts, Flanagan did well in possesion of the ball but at times his touch let him down, and Robinson did well but at times tried to do too much, however a professional performance from the back 4, maybe not Skrtel ;).

Think the midfield played well, Maxi made a couple of neat runs and Spearing as solid as ever down the middle, however Adam was a bit poor today, loosing the ball on several occasions, Henderson on the right looked bright at times however lacked that final instinctive decision, which i am sure will come to him as he matures.

Suarez was majestic, scored a neat goal, and did most of the work for the Carroll goal, which Carroll took superbly might i just add, Suarez seems hungry for goals, only criticism up front would be Carroll, when the ball was at his feet he looked confused or undecided as what to do with the ball, but criticism aside, he took his goal superbly.

When Downing came on, i think he added some pace and creativity to our play, think he will be so deadly once in sync with Suarez and co, unlucky not to get a goal of his own.

Good game, good performance and more importantly a good result.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #577: Aug 24, 2011 10:43:36 pm
      Mon Andy! F**k the haters, you lot are a joke. Can't wait to have a go at him, so much for best fans in the world.

And before the inevitable "Wah wah wah, amn't I allowed to criticise and question?"... yes you are but amazing how many have an agenda against him.

Anyway, good professional performance.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #578: Aug 24, 2011 10:47:15 pm
      So we could face...

Millwall
      WBA
      Leicester
      Villa
      Brighton
      Shrewsbury
      MK Dons
      Wolves
      Forest
      Burnley
      Leeds
      Cardiff
      Rochdale
      Middlesbrough
      Blackburn
      Everton
      Bolton
      Spurs
      Utd
      City
      Chelsea
      Arsenal
      Birmingham
      Stoke
      Scunthorpe or Newcastle
      Crystal Palace or Wigan
      Leyton Orient or Bristol Rovers
      Charlton or Preston
      Swindon or Southampton
      Aldershot Town or Carlisle United
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #579: Aug 24, 2011 10:51:41 pm
      Just shows how people see a game differently mate.

I actually thought Jay had a very good game and was easily better than Charlie.

Yep it sure does mate. I respect your opinions so it just shows how different people can view a match. I thought Adam was class today. 
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #580: Aug 24, 2011 10:57:42 pm
      Mostly his defending, his positioning, tackling and aerial ability, also his passing. Stats bear that out.  People are seduced by Agger's attacking runs.
      You think he's a better passer than Agger? Agger is a quality passer.
      Yep it sure does mate. I respect your opinions so it just shows how different people can view a match. I thought Adam was class today.  
      Adam gave the ball away many times, Jay rarely.
      Can we just have caroll injured again please? the guy barely runs and he cuts off all the style and flow that our amazing team can play with. I would rather put reina as forward as oppose to this pony tailed expensive target pony

Hope mereiles is ok though.
      Never wish an injury on a player.
      No genuine chances, he was involved in everything, Red you've spent the whole match quoting me, thanks for having such an interest in my posts.
      If you're not up for debate you shouldn't have joined the forum.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #581: Aug 24, 2011 11:01:37 pm
      Quite rightly, when they were being knobs and just hitting long balls in his general direction

Carroll got the ball to his feet a lot tonight and when on the ball he either miss controlled it or fell over, he is going to be great for Liverpool no doubt, but when running with the ball he looks dismal, but he did score a cracker of a goal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #582: Aug 24, 2011 11:01:47 pm
      Mon Andy! F**k the haters, you lot are a joke.

Ahem. Not all of us.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #583: Aug 24, 2011 11:03:06 pm
      UK People. League Cup Show is on BBC One when this Champions League program finishes on ITV.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #584: Aug 24, 2011 11:04:01 pm

You know the ones I'm talking about.

Anything and everything he does gets pounded for. If he scored today "only Exeter!"... if he didn't "Its Exeter!"

If all you have is a hammer then everything looks like nails.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #585: Aug 24, 2011 11:10:10 pm
      You know the ones I'm talking about.

Anything and everything he does gets pounded for. If he scored today "only Exeter!"... if he didn't "Its Exeter!"

If all you have is a hammer then everything looks like nails.

Exactly mate but what those "supporters" don't realize is you can only what's put in front of you.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #586: Aug 24, 2011 11:15:15 pm
      Exactly mate but what those "supporters" don't realize is you can only what's put in front of you.

I'm not of the opinion anyone who doesn't like Carroll isn't a proper fan, I wouldn't go so far as saying "supporters" like that.

But what I'm sick of is the same names crop up spouting their same concerns. The fact is it is confirmation bias, they don't like Carroll so they see everything he does as negative. That sort of thing is indicative of people who are determined to see things one way and that kind of stuff isn't what I'd expect from fellow reds.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #587: Aug 24, 2011 11:18:01 pm
      I'm not of the opinion anyone who doesn't like Carroll isn't a proper fan, I wouldn't go so far as saying "supporters" like that.

But what I'm sick of is the same names crop up spouting their same concerns. The fact is it is confirmation bias, they don't like Carroll so they see everything he does as negative. That sort of thing is indicative of people who are determined to see things one way and that kind of stuff isn't what I'd expect from fellow reds.

Personally, I think he's a good player who is getting pissed off with the tactics he is expected to play.

There's a lot more to him than being just an old fashioned target player.

He is not being utilised properly - FFS if we wanted a Fashanu clone, why didn't we just buy carlton cole.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #588: Aug 24, 2011 11:18:06 pm

It's the usual suspects.  Sadly, when they bang on and on with their negativity, all it does is stop other fans bothering to read any of their other posts.

Tonight was a professional win without breaking a sweat.  I do wonder who they have been watching for the last couple of decades because newsflash - we haven't been Brazil week in week out for a good 25 years.

You can be negative at times, but as long as it's constructive and backed up with some football insight.

Sadly it looks like some people are looking for their new scapegoat as

a) it's no longer 'cool' to pick on Lucas and
      b) looks like Aquilani's off.

YNWA.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #589: Aug 24, 2011 11:20:15 pm
      It's the usual suspects.  Sadly, when they bang on and on with their negativity, all it does is stop other fans bothering to read any of their other posts.

Tonight was a professional win without breaking a sweat.  I do wonder who they have been watching for the last couple of decades because newsflash - we haven't been Brazil week in week out for a good 25 years.

You can be negative at times, but as long as it's constructive and backed up with some football insight.

YNWA.

If I wanted a scapegoat I would have picked on Adam - but after a pretty poor first half, he picked it up in the 2nd and played ok, making some good passes.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #590: Aug 24, 2011 11:23:09 pm

YNWA.

I just can't understand why they can't shine a light when we were in the dark this time last year

Some people are just never satisfied. End of rant.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #591: Aug 24, 2011 11:27:18 pm
      And Ngog looks like he's off JD, another scapegoat.
      I am Pater
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • LFC fan in Texas
      Reply #592: Aug 24, 2011 11:33:18 pm
      I think I've become Suarez's biggest fan. The whole game changes when he's on the pitch.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #593: Aug 24, 2011 11:33:40 pm
      Seriously, whats the problem with critising a player that's played bad? It's a forum for discussion, people are entitled to their opinion... everyone sees the game differently and want to put their own thoughts down whether its positive or negative about the performance.

I've read many negative and positive points on Carroll or Henderson, some which I feel are justified and some not. I just find it bemusing people would get worked up over other people's opinions. I don't see anyone on this forum from what I read being a WUM.

End of the day, we're all Liverpool fans and just want the best for our team.

Also, I thought Carroll had a bad game today, touch was poor and decision making too but he still scored which hopefully should boost his morale.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #594: Aug 24, 2011 11:36:44 pm
      Highlights on BBC 1 now for anyone who missed the game.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #595: Aug 24, 2011 11:40:28 pm
      Thought Spearing was brilliant tonight.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #596: Aug 24, 2011 11:41:00 pm
      And Ngog looks like he's off JD, another scapegoat.

Another thing I don't understand... the crap N'gog and other players get on this forum when he's still a Liverpool player.  He's applied himself well imo, 5-6 months younger than Carroll and has less of an opportunity than Carroll has had throughout his Career because of the clubs he's been in... and when Carroll plays bad and gets criticised, it's not ok and people just attack other people's opinion, but for N'gog, it's ok, why?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #597: Aug 24, 2011 11:41:56 pm
      Thought Spearing was brilliant tonight.

Thought he had a poor first half, but so did others.

2nd half he was pretty good.

Quick Reply