Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 111492 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Craig Bellamy Player thread
      Reply #115: Sep 01, 2011 07:04:46 pm
      He will definitely be more than a 4th choice striker, I can see him coming off the bench a lot this season, to keep Suarez/Carroll/Kuyt/Downing/Henderson fit and to blitz the opposition towards the end of the game.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #116: Sep 01, 2011 07:15:59 pm
      ;D. I made up an article with 'quotes' from Marveaux's agent saying that he wanted him to move to the Prem because agents get huge fees there.
      I won't mention any names but someone took it seriously and went off on one  :D

Do tell? ;D
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #117: Sep 01, 2011 07:16:08 pm
      He will definitely be more than a 4th choice striker, I can see him coming off the bench a lot this season, to keep Suarez/Carroll/Kuyt/Downing/Henderson fit and to blitz the opposition towards the end of the game.

United have been doing that for years, I mean can you imagine the pace and pressure those can provide if chasing a winner with Bellamy tearing it up alongside them, F**k when that lot kick into gear it will be a sight to behold.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #118: Sep 01, 2011 07:29:00 pm
      Delighted with this signing, he will offer us options that N'Gog wouldn't have. Im loving this season
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Sep 01, 2011 08:13:01 pm
      At least he was free....
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #120: Sep 02, 2011 03:44:02 am
      Oh sh*t......I completely forgot about the whole Golf club incident w/ Riise.

Any wagers if he does the "Golf Swing" celebration after his first goal.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #121: Sep 02, 2011 03:56:35 am
      Return of the Swing
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #122: Sep 02, 2011 04:08:16 am
      King Kenny was key to Liverpool return - Bellamy proud to link up with Anfield legend
      Craig Bellamy has revealed the lure of Kenny Dalglish brought him back to Liverpool.
      The Wales striker agreed a two-year contract on deadline day after moving from Manchester City on a free transfer.
      And Bellamy, who spent the 2006-7 season at Anfield, says Dalglish's influence was the major attraction

He said: 'I've grown up with Kenny Dalglish, now to be signed by him is a massive honour.
      'This is an exciting time. When Kenny took over, watching as a fan last season I got the buzz as well and it was great to see Liverpool end the season well.

'For me, the players they've signed this summer, there has been a lot of British which takes me back to when I started watching Liverpool. It looks so familiar to me and to be part of it is such a huge honour.
      'To every Liverpool fan, Kenny is probably the best player ever to pull on the red shirt so that speaks for itself. He was the first player-manager to do the double and just how he conducted himself really.
      'I know we've had bits of success since then but the club hasn't been the same since he left, so to come back in and be a part of this with the players who are here - it's a good time.
      'The Liverpool team when I first signed is a lot different to the Liverpool side of the last couple of years so we need to get back into the Champions League and look to push the club on from there again.'
      Bellamy, 32, now faces a battle with Luis Suarez, Andy Carroll and Dirk Kuyt for a place in the Liverpool strikeforce.
      He added: 'I get this opportunity again for Liverpool fans to hopefully see a real good side of me on a playing level.
      'I know what I have to do to play in this team, so this should be a good time. I can play on either wing as well, like I did at Manchester City

'We're not in Europe so it gives us a great opportunity to concentrate on the league. Cup competitions speak for themselves and obviously we want to do well in cups, but this gives us the opportunity now to go week by week and really concentrate on our league position and get back into the Champions League.
      'I'm very happy. It's been a long couple of months, I had to be patient and believe something like this could happen. It has so I am over the moon.'

link

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #123: Sep 02, 2011 09:54:45 am
      It's reported that Tottenham made a last minute bid to hijack Craig Ballamy's return to Liverpool, but the Welshman said he could not resist the lure of playing for Kenny Dalglish at Anfield.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #124: Sep 02, 2011 10:17:21 am
      It's reported that Tottenham made a last minute bid to hijack Craig Ballamy's return to Liverpool, but the Welshman said he could not resist the lure of playing for Kenny Dalglish at Anfield.

Yep, he wants to be here. A really good signing for me. Probably not as fast as he was but still a great option for us to cover our strikers or play on the wings or if we wanted 3 up front him and Luis feeding off Andy could be lethal!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #125: Sep 02, 2011 11:05:32 am

Is there a player Spurs weren't linked to in the last window?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #126: Sep 02, 2011 11:10:53 am
      Lot of talk that hes halved the wages he was on at City in order to get the 2 year deal here

Delighted if thats true
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #127: Sep 02, 2011 01:19:57 pm
      People saying he'll be great cover, and I too am of the same opinion that he'll be our cover for Suarez and Carroll, but thinking about it, he's probably a better option for both than they are together.

Carroll flicks it on, rather have Bellamy's pace chasing it as Suarez isn't electric. And if Suarez is playing those clever balls through the middle, rather have Bellamy chasing on to it as Carroll's pace is non-existent.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #128: Sep 02, 2011 03:25:01 pm
      Hopefully he can make a swinging impact...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #129: Sep 02, 2011 08:09:00 pm
      Watching the Wales game and have a massive grin :D

Bellamy making some fantastic runs, can't wait to see him linking up with Suarez/Adam.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #130: Sep 02, 2011 08:12:03 pm
      Watching the Wales game and have a massive grin :D

Bellamy making some fantastic runs, can't wait to see him linking up with Suarez/Adam.

He's looking sharp isn't he!  Have to say I thought he'd retired from internationals.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #131: Sep 02, 2011 10:03:06 pm
      outstanding performance for wales from bale,ramsey and especially Bellamy, he was fast and making very inteligent runs,
       he will be a big add to liverpool , I am sure
        YNWA
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2011 10:15:30 pm by carragerrard »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #132: Sep 02, 2011 10:13:24 pm
      He was very good tonight, full of energy and clever runs.  Took a few handy free kicks as well and can knock in a decent corner from the left.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Sep 02, 2011 10:33:30 pm
      Looking forward to seeing him back at Anfield :)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #134: Sep 02, 2011 11:29:49 pm
      Heard he played really well tonight
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #135: Sep 03, 2011 07:27:18 am
      No great surprise that he played well for Wales lastnight...he is utter quality and has unfinished business @ anfield. So delighted he has returned.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #136: Sep 03, 2011 08:40:11 am
      Was at the game last night, he played from the left and looked very sharp. Some of his movement and runs were excellent.

Shame from a Welsh point of view he's suspended for Tuesday (but good for us  ;))
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #137: Sep 03, 2011 10:19:20 am
      Craig Bellamy All Goals For Liverpool 2006/07

His goals the last time he was here

Quick Reply