Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Craig Bellamy(--> Cardiff)

Read 110952 times
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Re: Craig Bellamy Player thread
      Reply #92: Sep 01, 2011 01:08:13 pm
      Corbally just say what you really feel. You must be Gutted..

OK signing no mate Benayoun & Ngog were ok signings..

And no you wouldn't have given him a 1 year deal cause guess
      what he wouldn't have signed it.

Chin up fella we'll have Hazard soon enough.(christmas pressie) with the Raul dough..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #93: Sep 01, 2011 01:13:29 pm
      Andy you know me well enough to know I say what I feel, I think he is an okay signing that is all, not going overboard with it like some people.

He didn't set the world alight his last time here and there wasn't many tears shed when he left. I think he was a better player then. But as I said he is an okay signing and if Suarez is out will give us another option.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #94: Sep 01, 2011 01:22:25 pm
      Number one on my list of reservations about his signing would be out of the way if the rumours that he took a massive wage cut to join us are true.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #95: Sep 01, 2011 01:25:41 pm
       I'm really happy with the signing. At the fear of being called Xenophobic (innit) I am very much of the opinion that the fact we've signed many players who are fully converscant with the Prem can only stand us in good stead. Bellamy is a good player which obviously helps, with bags of experience.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #96: Sep 01, 2011 01:28:53 pm
      Liverpool Secure Shock Aquillani Replacement

Kenny Dalglish last night secured the signature of Welsh firebrand Craig Bellamy and told waiting reporters that the move was essential in order to fill the gap left by Alberto Aquilani.

Bellamy has signed on a two year contract from the Eastlands Club and Dalglish believes the move will secure the jobs of the entire Liverpool medical staff.

“With Alberto moving on our medical team was at a bit of loose end but I can now guarantee them work for at least the next two years” said the jubilant boss.

“Everyone keeps telling me that I’ve got a great team spirit with no trouble causers, well signing Craig fills that gap and I’m sure he won’t let me down.”

Bellamy was overjoyed with the move but did express his surprise at how short people memories were on Merseyside.

“It seems like only yesterday that I was living in the Anfield treatment room or beating my team mates half to death with a golf club, hopefully I can recapture some of this form and show people exactly what they have been missing” said the Ex Manchester City man.

The Club hoped to unveil their new signing earlier today but had to cancel after Bellamy, 31 withdrew due to a long standing knee injury, a club statement said they are hoping to have him back in action within 12-16 weeks.

Reservation number two :)
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #97: Sep 01, 2011 01:30:54 pm
      Welcome back Craig, a much better player now than the player we sold in 2007.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #98: Sep 01, 2011 01:33:01 pm
      I think he's a better 4th choice than N'gog so for that reason I'm happy, I think he'll do a decent job when called upon.

Welcome back Craig.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #99: Sep 01, 2011 01:40:36 pm
      Liverpool Secure Shock Aquillani Replacement

Kenny Dalglish last night secured the signature of Welsh firebrand Craig Bellamy and told waiting reporters that the move was essential in order to fill the gap left by Alberto Aquilani.

Bellamy has signed on a two year contract from the Eastlands Club and Dalglish believes the move will secure the jobs of the entire Liverpool medical staff.

“With Alberto moving on our medical team was at a bit of loose end but I can now guarantee them work for at least the next two years” said the jubilant boss.

“Everyone keeps telling me that I’ve got a great team spirit with no trouble causers, well signing Craig fills that gap and I’m sure he won’t let me down.”

Bellamy was overjoyed with the move but did express his surprise at how short people memories were on Merseyside.

“It seems like only yesterday that I was living in the Anfield treatment room or beating my team mates half to death with a golf club, hopefully I can recapture some of this form and show people exactly what they have been missing” said the Ex Manchester City man.

The Club hoped to unveil their new signing earlier today but had to cancel after Bellamy, 31 withdrew due to a long standing knee injury, a club statement said they are hoping to have him back in action within 12-16 weeks.

Reservation number two :)
      :lmao:

Careful, some people take these wind-ups seriously on here!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #100: Sep 01, 2011 01:47:28 pm
      :lmao:

Careful, some people take these wind-ups seriously on here!

Wind up? It's obviously real, has quotes and everything :laugh:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #101: Sep 01, 2011 01:57:23 pm
      We should start him vs Man City.
      kornwall02
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts |
      Reply #102: Sep 01, 2011 02:31:51 pm
      i know he may have been bought to be a 4th striker but i would love to see this as a line up for a couple of games.
      what a scoring threat we would be then!!!

carroll---suarez
      downing---lucas---adam---bellamy
      enrique--agger--carra---kelly/johnson
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: Sep 01, 2011 03:03:21 pm
      Don't get me started on Charlie Adam in a two man midfield ;)

Just kidding.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #104: Sep 01, 2011 03:39:29 pm
      Andy you know me well enough to know I say what I feel, I think he is an okay signing that is all, not going overboard with it like some people.

He didn't set the world alight his last time here and there wasn't many tears shed when he left. I think he was a better player then. But as I said he is an okay signing and if Suarez is out will give us another option.

Corbally lad its all about opinions.
      He's gonna prove you wrong tho'.

Love the quote's from him & Kenny takin the piss!
      Good Times ahead pal.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #105: Sep 01, 2011 03:52:49 pm
      Welcome back Craig.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #106: Sep 01, 2011 03:57:07 pm
      I genuinely think he could surprise us all and push for a regular starting spot. And to be honest it would not shock me if he succeeded! Top man. Won't be happy to sit on the bench at this stage of his career !
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #107: Sep 01, 2011 06:36:26 pm
      Wind up? It's obviously real, has quotes and everything :laugh:
      ;D. I made up an article with 'quotes' from Marveaux's agent saying that he wanted him to move to the Prem because agents get huge fees there.
      I won't mention any names but someone took it seriously and went off on one  :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #108: Sep 01, 2011 06:45:20 pm
      He wont be a regular. He will be fourth choice striker
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #109: Sep 01, 2011 06:46:34 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised too see him on the wings for a few matches, still has abit of pace left in him.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #110: Sep 01, 2011 06:49:33 pm
      I genuinely think he could surprise us all and push for a regular starting spot. And to be honest it would not shock me if he succeeded! Top man. Won't be happy to sit on the bench at this stage of his career !

I agree, I think we've already seen that Kenny will rotate the team according to the opposition and I can see him pushing for a regular starting place, on the left wing (with Downing on the right) in certain games.  I would not be surprised to see him start 20 games this season (including the two cups we are going to win ;))
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #111: Sep 01, 2011 06:51:37 pm
      Just seen his interview on LFCTV. Spoke so much sense about the direction of the club. Very positive he's coming in to help (hopefully not on the golfing front) - and I'm sure he'll be happy anywhere and will fight for his place. He's 32 but it's a very astute signing for me. Still has explosive pace, natural ability and good off the ball ability.

Welcome back Craig - toast to another successful 2 years here!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #112: Sep 01, 2011 06:53:02 pm
      ;D. I made up an article with 'quotes' from Marveaux's agent saying that he wanted him to move to the Prem because agents get huge fees there.
      I won't mention any names but someone took it seriously and went off on one  :D
      Mac_Red? Making up quotes is a risky business when he's around and he wouldn't have been happy seeing it not show up on his aggregator. 
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #113: Sep 01, 2011 07:00:16 pm
      Haha, surprisingly, no.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #114: Sep 01, 2011 07:01:32 pm
      He wont be a regular. He will be fourth choice striker

He'll see more playing time than a 4th choice striker though. Particularly when we play with an advanced three. He'll see time through the middle, inside left and inside right. It was a good piece of business fella, a definite upgrade on Ngog and a feisty little option to bring off the bench when we need to change up. I know a few getting a little over excited but on the flip side you're being remarkably miserable about it.

Quick Reply