Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Top 10 Players in world football

Read 11973 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Top 10 Players in world football
      Reply #92: Sep 15, 2011 08:07:40 pm
      No vidic?
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #93: Sep 15, 2011 08:08:23 pm

He has him in his subs.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #94: Sep 15, 2011 08:10:48 pm
      Thank you ;) ;D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #95: Sep 15, 2011 08:49:16 pm
      Yeah I know but he should be starting!
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #96: Sep 15, 2011 08:50:39 pm
      Manc lover ;) :p
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #97: Sep 15, 2011 08:59:09 pm

Jesus F***ing christ, again with you being so high and mighty about this sh*t! Bloody hell :D

Not a manc, but...

;D
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #98: Sep 15, 2011 09:03:00 pm
      Jesus f**king christ, again with you being so high and mighty about this sh*t! Bloody hell :D
      ;D "Who do you think are the best players in the world?"

"Bearing in mind that you have to include Messi..... And Ronaldo..... Oh and Vidic ;)"
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #99: Sep 15, 2011 09:16:22 pm
      ;D "Who do you think are the best players in the world?"

"Bearing in mind that you have to include Messi..... And Ronaldo..... Oh and Vidic ;)"

:laugh:

I'd take Pique over Vidic. I'd take Agger over Vidic. Vidic is class, but F**k me have i seen him F**k up royally at times, not only against Torres. He's not THAT much better than any of the others in the top crop of CB in the world, especially for him to pop up randomly in your top 10 of players that the rest are all more attack-minded players.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #100: Sep 15, 2011 09:30:21 pm
      :laugh:

I'd take Pique over Vidic. I'd take Agger over Vidic. Vidic is class, but f**k me have I seen him f**k up royally at times, not only against Torres. He's not THAT much better than any of the others in the top crop of CB in the world, especially for him to pop up randomly in your top 10 of players that the rest are all more attack-minded players.
      That's not directed at me, is it?

Cos Vidic wasn't in my original top 10 and I had Reina, Puyol and Pique and Masch in there
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #101: Sep 15, 2011 09:40:48 pm
      That's not directed at me, is it?

Cos Vidic wasn't in my original top 10 and I had Reina, Puyol and Pique and Masch in there

No, not at you :D

1. Messi
      2. Ronaldo
      3. Xavi
      4. Iniesta
      5. Suarez
      6. Rooney
      7. Fabregas
      8. Vidic
      9. Neymar
      10. Aguero

Then my World XI :

Casillas

Alves.     Vidic.     Kompany.  Cole

Fabregas
                       Xavi.     Iniesta

Messi.     Suarez.  Ronaldo
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #102: Sep 15, 2011 09:44:36 pm
      Oh, I see :)

For someone who says not to be biased and put Ronaldo in your lists, I find it strange that PGlynn would put Suarez above Rooney so early in his career in English football ;)

And I think it's too soon to put Aguero in there

:)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #103: Sep 15, 2011 09:47:46 pm
      No just unbiased unlike the majority of people here. Ask any neutral football fan, vidic I'd the top centre half in the world . Has been over the last 2 years. Made one mistake against torres that's it against him.

If he played for Barcelona everyone would include him but because he Is a manc no!

And bigV for you to rate a defender who has barely put a full season together in recent years ahead if him makes no sense.
      Jesus f**king christ, again with you being so high and mighty about this sh*t! Bloody hell :D

Not a manc, but...

;D
      How am I being F***ing high and mighty !
      Bier
      Reply #104: Sep 15, 2011 09:52:41 pm
      Neutral football fans don't exist. I've never met a football fan who didn't support a club.

And Agger is the Robben of defense. Regardless of his injury, he's still a top player.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #105: Sep 15, 2011 09:55:02 pm
      No just unbiased unlike the majority of people here. Ask any neutral football fan, vidic I'd the top centre half in the world . Has been over the last 2 years. Made one mistake against torres that's it against him.
      For someone who says not to be biased and put Ronaldo in your lists, I find it strange that PGlynn would put Suarez above Rooney so early in his career in English football ;)
      I'm not biased mate, Rooney was 4th on my list

It wasn't just one mistake against Torres, he could never contain him, Vidic is slow, understandable for his size, having said this, he might be the best stand alone CB in the world

You may notice that I included Puyol and Pique as one entry in my list, this is because together, they are better than any two CBs in the world and this is the same reason they made my starting 11

:)
      Bier
      Reply #106: Sep 15, 2011 10:12:06 pm
      I didn't even put Rooney in my top 10. Nothing to do with being biased. Everything to do with the fact that I think there are at least 10 players better than him. :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #107: Sep 15, 2011 10:14:18 pm

If he played for Barcelona everyone would include him but because he Is a manc no!

And bigV for you to rate a defender who has barely put a full season together in recent years ahead if him makes no sense.
      How am I being f**king high and mighty !

Ask any neutral football fan - there's no such F***ing thing as a neutral football fan you numpty :D If someone is a football fan, a real football fan, they have biases.

For fucks sake, i try to be as unbiased as possible. Rooney, as much as i hate the F***ing c**t, would be in my top 5. Above Suarez. It's not bias that is picking Vidic below, it's because i F***ing watch the game and have seen him skinned more than once - he's gotten 3 reds just against us for fucks sake, Gerrard was getting past him, not just Torres!!

I'm not basing my value of a player purely on how many games they play in a season, if thats what you are then state it. What my value is on is the players all round game vs anothers. And on that, i rate Agger higher than Vidic. He is a lockdown defender when he aint fu**ed with injury, and has more ball playing ability than Vidic. Much more versatile IMO, and for that i'd have him every day ahead of Vidic. Not saying there's a huge gulf between them, just that if presented with the two i'd take Dagger. You can F**k right off if you even think to question me again, because frankly im sick of you putting everyone down when they do exactly what you asked of them - STATING A F***ing OPINION. It's not a question of which club they play for, if you think that's how im basing my opinion then you sir are very F***ing wrong.

How are you being high and mighty? Telling people what to pick, and that they are wrong/biased etc etc etc is being high and mighty. You, for some odd reason, seem to think that your opinion is 100% locked down right.

Have you noticed how i have not even actually picked on your selections? Because i see thats your opinion, even though i think your random selection of 1 CB amongst 9 mostly attacking players is odd, i'm not picking on it. You however are picking apart every persons selections if they don't match yours, and being a bit of a dick about it to boot. THAT'S what i have an issue with. When someone starts a thread asking a question, that means they want opinions. If you wanted just to state your opinion and say that anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot (which is what you are doing) then say that, and save us the trouble of saying what we think only to have it shot down by your oh so more enlightened vision.

Rant over.

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #108: Sep 15, 2011 10:20:52 pm
      Center halves I rate above Vidic:

Pique
      Agger (when fit, which is admittedly a big if; I'm also slightly biased, but I've also watched enough of him to see how good he is in my eyes)
      Kompany
      Thiago Silva

I'd put him on par with Chiellini, Puyol, and Terry. All great. Really, it's all opinion though. No need to get huffy :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #109: Sep 15, 2011 10:23:06 pm
      Only huffy with bigV (love him really) ;)
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #110: Sep 15, 2011 10:33:01 pm

Vidic! There will be one misfiring ladyboy hoping he plays this weekend which suggests he's nowhere near the top ten.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #111: Sep 15, 2011 11:02:12 pm
      Vidic is highly over-rated because he is playing at a very good team and he is not often exposed or caught out as a result.  Put him in Bolton and he'd be a couple of notches above Cahill.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #112: Sep 15, 2011 11:35:09 pm
      Vidic is highly over-rated because he is playing at a very good team and he is not often exposed or caught out as a result.  Put him in Bolton and he'd be a couple of notches above Cahill.
      Bullshit!!!
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #113: Sep 15, 2011 11:50:32 pm
      Like I've said, I prefer Puyol and Pique together over Vidic and anyone else, their partnership is great

Contrary to what's been said about Vidic being overrated because he plays for a good team, I think that the negative aspects of Vidic are more obvious because often in the past he's been alongside some poor or past it CBs

United's back 4 has been in turmoil in the past and subject to change regularly, if Vidic was alongside a permanent CB partner over a long period of time as is the case with Puyol and Pique, he might learn to play off them, compensating for each other's flaws

Put Vidic alongside a world class CB instead of Wes Brown, Johnny Evans or Ferdinand, whose game has seen better days and his critics would probably be silenced
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #114: Sep 15, 2011 11:50:35 pm

Quick Reply