Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Headphone jack/ Realtek problem.

Read 1894 times
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Headphone jack/ Realtek problem.
      Sep 15, 2011 12:34:22 am
      I've broken my headphone jack on my Acer laptop. I tried plugging in to the microphone jack and changing input on Realtek, but there is no option to change.

Usually in my past experience you're given an option as soon as you plug any imput in. I'm using Windows 7 for the first time and i'm not sure whether it's this or i need an updated version of Realtek?

Any ideas?

Cheers.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Headphone jack/ Realtek problem.
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2011 12:45:37 am
      If you right click on the sound icon on the right of your task bar, then click on playback devices or sounds from the pop up menu, this gives you the options ..... I think !
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2011 01:04:04 am
      If you right click on the sound icon on the right of your task bar, then click on playback devices or sounds from the pop up menu, this gives you the options ..... I think !
      Where do i go from there? I've got a speakers icon and the Realtek icon on which is states not plugged in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2011 01:12:55 am
      Where do I go from there? I've got a speakers icon and the Realtek icon on which is states not plugged in.

if you plug it into your microphone socket and set it as default device?

Only other thing I could suggest is going into device manager and swopping your headphone socket drivers with your microphone socket drivers? Might work..... might break something ! Perhaps better to ask around first before you try that mate.

Scratch that idea mate. While the microphone jack is in/out you have to write code to change it from what I have just read.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2011 01:44:52 am by s@int »

Quick Reply