Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 110899 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #138: Jun 29, 2012 04:12:03 pm
      Maybe, but I'm more than a little tired of seeing every transfer thread filled with people complaining.

Then you have the option to ignore said posts, rather than unnecessary, unjustified and certainly uncalled for retaliation.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #139: Jun 29, 2012 04:26:38 pm
      Then you have the option to ignore said posts, rather than unnecessary, unjustified and certainly uncalled for retaliation.

Easier said than done.
      I don't know how people can always see the negative in something.
      Surely it's better to be somewhat optimistic and I mean that in general.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #140: Jun 29, 2012 04:27:03 pm
      If we landed him then i would be over the moon, looks very talented, how old is he?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #141: Jun 29, 2012 04:27:38 pm
      If we landed him then i would be over the moon, looks very talented, how old is he?

21 I think.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #142: Jun 29, 2012 04:31:10 pm

Then if we did get him i think he could go on to be a really intelligent buy, with him being only 21 he has time to develop into an even better player and by the looks of them videos he already acquires raw talent.

Imagine if we were to sign him and Sig, the joy.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #143: Jun 29, 2012 04:36:06 pm
      Then if we did get him i think he could go on to be a really intelligent buy, with him being only 21 he has time to develop into an even better player and by the looks of them videos he already acquires raw talent.

Imagine if we were to sign him and Sig, the joy.

They'd be competing for the same position, wouldn't they? Or does Ramirez play more as a winger?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #144: Jun 29, 2012 04:40:40 pm
      They'd be competing for the same position, wouldn't they? Or does Ramirez play more as a winger?

I thought they could both play in behind Suarez.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #145: Jun 29, 2012 04:42:50 pm
      Sounds like a creative player with an eye for a goal, that is, something we badly need. Can't give a proper opinion as I haven't seen much of him, but would look forward to it if we sign him.

Weird to see some websites saying it's a done deal while others have nothing to say about it... not even the so called ITKs seem to know much about it
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #146: Jun 29, 2012 05:51:19 pm

Ramirez is a AM. he would play behind striker and he is a proper AM. Dont know if he can play on the wings but i imagine he would do a good job there since he has pace.
      I thought gylfi was a CM an not a AM and  if we are buying Gylfi as a AM then Ramirez > Gylfi everyday, anyday.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #147: Jun 29, 2012 06:10:16 pm
      If we got in Ramirez at the expense of Gylfi, would most people be happy?  Would people think that maybe the board and BR never really wanted Sig at the price?  There's alot of knee-jerk and the board are all cu*ts when we don't even know which are BR's targets.  It's all media and rumour so far (as is the Ramirez link AFAIK)

I haven't seen much of Ramirez play. Is he better than Sig, who I think is developing into a good player, but not there yet?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #148: Jun 29, 2012 06:12:40 pm
      Ramirez would be around twice the price of Sig, but he's not twice as good imo, however i'd assume Ramirez would play AM/winger whereas Sig would be at home in central midfield/ slighty further up the pitch.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #149: Jun 29, 2012 06:21:30 pm
      If we got in Ramirez at the expense of Gylfi, would most people be happy?  Would people think that maybe the board and BR never really wanted Sig at the price?  There's alot of knee-jerk and the board are all cu*ts when we don't even know which are BR's targets.  It's all media and rumour so far (as is the Ramirez link AFAIK)

I haven't seen much of Ramirez play. Is he better than Sig, who I think is developing into a good player, but not there yet?

Well my stance was always to forgive them for January due to the lack of activity it general has and judge them this summer. It is beyond obvious we need major investment in this squad to develop into a top 4 team, our midfield is either ageing or just not good in most cases. Up front we're short a couple of strikers to compete on all fronts so they have this summer to address the issues with a proper hand in pocket show or we may be many years in simply catch up mode.

Gaston would be a large step in the right direction but it will come down to net spend at the end of the day and so far they've invested Ā£10m in switching managers not the wisest way to spend money if they only net spend what we made so we'll see. Signing Ramirez would certainly add some optimism that is rapidly draining from these boards recently.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #150: Jun 29, 2012 06:26:58 pm
      not even the so called ITKs seem to know much about it

Which makes me think we might actually sign him. ;)
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #151: Jun 29, 2012 06:33:54 pm
      I agree Luke.  My thought is that there is lots of talk on here about how sh*t the owners are doing in this transfer window when it hasn't even opened yet!

Also, though the press linked us with Sig, and BR was probably interested, there seems to be a split about not being held to ransom and 'the owners are tossers for not spending the extra'.  All I am saying is that the hysteria and condemnation of the owners is growing akin to the disgraceful H&G reign, where the bile and vitriol at them was fully justified imo.

All I know is that they backed Kenny last January, so why wouldn't they do it this window?  I realise they have pissed some people off beyond the point of redemption when the replaced Kenny with BR (many varied reasons for members' hatred here) but we have no idea how this window is gonna go and most of the talk is just because we MIGHT not sign Sig.

I hate this time of year and try my best not to get too excited about anything Newsnow tells me.  No source is reliable and they are all trying to generate attention to sell papers or increase viewers.

Let's have a bit of calm and throw insults, flaming dog turds and broken glass at them when they fail to invest and the window is closed.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #152: Jun 29, 2012 06:48:53 pm
      The lark you make a good point, I'm just a bit worried that if this BS is true then why would we shell out almost Ā£20mil for Ramirez and whatever his wages would be, but shirk at Sigs price and wages when we know they will be lower?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #153: Jun 29, 2012 06:49:27 pm
      I know what you're saying Lark and agree with most of your point, especially regarding name throwing over 1 signing. However there are definite signs that they're not handling things correctly and even worse being seen to not handle things correctly. Either with their hands off approach or not intervening quickly enough, they've allowed a couple of situations that don't need mentioning again to develop a lot worse than they needed to be. Perhaps I expect too much of our owners and I certainly do not blame them for trying to make money but the club is already valued at double the value they paid for it, it is not too much to ask from a fan's perspective, who essentially are the lifeblood of that entire value and profits they will eventually reap, to ask for a heavy investment this summer to close the gap considerably.

I, like most I suspect, don't expect a title challenge next year but I do expect ours and the manager of their choosing to be fully backed this summer and as Gylfi is the first proposed signing and Brendan clearly indicated his interest in the media it is rubbing many fans up the wrong way, because it's hard to believe that Brendan has baulked at his wages and consequently the blame is being passed to the money men. So the questioning is reasonable and I've tried in various threads to equate the possible gaps in Tottenham's offer and ours, frankly they're not much for a 22 year old lad and if our manager has shown great interest should already be signed on the dotted line. All the talk of 5/6 possible players who could have as big if not bigger impact just seems irrelevant if it later comes out that Brendan really wanted Sigurdsson. If however he is of the same mind-set then I have no problems at all with this transfer going to Spurs, it just does create that massive doubt and massive question right at the start of Brendan's tenure. It's one of those that can always be used as a backup excuse if things don't work out down the line and I certainly do not like that feeling.

So yes let's get Ramirez in, or someone with some class and unquestionable quality and get the positivity flowing again because Brendan managed that. It's up to the owners now to back him and prove they mean business because if they fail to back him this summer they'll have some difficult questions to answer and honestly I don't think there would be any other answer other than "we're in it for the money, thanks for buying the shirts!" which simply wouldn't be good enough for me.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #154: Jun 29, 2012 06:51:51 pm
      Is there anyone who does follow Serie A and know anything outside Youtube about him? What are his attributes and is he worth that kind of money?
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #155: Jun 29, 2012 07:10:55 pm
      Luke, the owners have said they want to raise Liverpool back up where they belong.  What better way of doing this than getting us back to winning trophies.  That is the sort of language that Henry and Werner have been using.  Obviously they would never admit to wanting to make money off us, but I suspect this might be the case.  Again, what better way than winning titles and number 6?

although BR did express his interest in signing Gylfi, we don't know the wages are what's putting the lad off.  We might have been able to match his offer at Spuds only for him to say he prefers London, we gotta pay more.  I have no idea how the negotiations went, but I don't trust agents and believe next to nothing I hear or read.

Much like Stevie-G asked ^^^ one point of my original post was to ask if anyone knew much about Ramirez and was he worth abandoning Sig to Spuds for?  Of course, all we know is what papers and agents are telling us so we are no closer to knowing whether or not he is even in the frame.   :mad:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #156: Jun 29, 2012 08:44:58 pm
      Is there anyone who does follow Serie A and know anything outside Youtube about him? What are his attributes and is he worth that kind of money?
      Watched him play in Uruguay, and in the Serie A. He has potential, and lots of class. Not sure if he is worth 16 million pounds, but im sure he is worth more than Hendo, Andy, and Downing. He could develop to be a star, but im not sure about his attitude.
      I have mixed feelings about him, but he could make a difference in a zone Liverpool lacks talent (assuming we all want Stevie play further up). He is "similar" to Kaka, but nowhere near the brazilianĀ“s talent.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #157: Jun 29, 2012 08:53:41 pm
      Watched him play in Uruguay, and in the Serie A. He has potential, and lots of class. Not sure if he is worth 16 million pounds, but im sure he is worth more than Hendo, Andy, and Downing. He could develop to be a star, but im not sure about his attitude.
      I have mixed feelings about him, but he could make a difference in a zone Liverpool lacks talent (assuming we all want Stevie play further up). He is "similar" to Kaka, but nowhere near the brazilianĀ“s talent.

In the hole player so. I always assumed he was a winger to be honest. If he were to come here, would he be playing ahead of Gerrard, Cole, Aqua and Suarez as the player in the hole, even if Suarez is played out wide instead?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #158: Jun 29, 2012 09:00:37 pm
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #159: Jun 29, 2012 09:02:14 pm
      little-Luis:)