Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Hicks and Gillette still seeking Damages.

Read 30191 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Hicks and Gillette still seeking Damages.
      Reply #92: Mar 09, 2012 07:14:59 pm
       If Hicks and Gillette were to win this court case 9=(i can't see it) on a technicality i can see the judge giving the basta*ds compensation of one quid and no costs.The judge has already warned them they are in a British Court and not a Texas Court.I feel sorry for their lawyer as his chances of getting paid from twit and tw*t must be very low indeed.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #93: Mar 09, 2012 07:22:33 pm
      Why can't they just F**k off and crawl under a stone and die. Just leave OUR club alone  :mad:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #94: Mar 09, 2012 07:28:54 pm
      Why can't they just f**k off and crawl under a stone and die. Just leave OUR club alone  :mad:

If carlsberg did death request.....
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #95: Mar 09, 2012 07:30:17 pm
       To me, it has always looked as if Broughton was looking after FSG

The only thing I can say for certain is FSG got a blinding deal
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #96: Mar 09, 2012 07:30:58 pm
      If carlsberg did death request.....
      If only I lived in Texas  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #97: Mar 09, 2012 07:34:15 pm
      To me, it has always looked as if Broughton was looking after FSG

Not the club then? 

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #98: Mar 09, 2012 07:42:10 pm
      We are in a safe pair of hands compared to the other two idiots, but IMO he favored FSG over Peter Lim
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #99: Mar 09, 2012 08:06:17 pm
      but IMO he favored FSG over Peter Lim

Why do you think that was?

Is it possible that his fiduciary responsibility to the Club may have lead him to that decision? Much as I wasn't overly fussed with Broughton at one point; he does hold up as a man of great integrity, and moral fortitude when it comes to business.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #100: Mar 09, 2012 08:25:36 pm
      Why do you think that was?

Is it possible that his fiduciary responsibility to the Club may have lead him to that decision? Much as I wasn't overly fussed with Broughton at one point; he does hold up as a man of great integrity, and moral fortitude when it comes to business.
        At one time during the bidding process Broughton went to FSG and told them there bid was not good enough and said that they had to match Peter Lims bid, after doing that shouldnt he of then gone to Peter Lim and said what more can you offer, IE can you pay of every debt the club has, can you guarantee you have the money for a stadium, are you willing to put your own money into the club for transfers ?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #101: Mar 09, 2012 08:41:06 pm
      At one time during the bidding process Broughton went to FSG and told them there bid was not good enough and said that they had to match Peter Lims bid, after doing that shouldnt he of then gone to Peter Lim and said what more can you offer, IE can you pay of every debt the club has, can you guarantee you have the money for a stadium, are you willing to put your own money into the club for transfers ?

Not if he thought Peter Lim's bid wasn't right for the Club. Forget money Eddie... it wasn't just about money but the long-term stability of the Club.

I'm guessing you aren't getting this whole fiduciary responsibility thing mate and (truthfully) I don't believe I can explain it to you any better. Broughton looked at the options and made a judgement that the bid which served the Club best, NOT the owners, wasn't that of Lim or anyone else.

PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #102: Mar 09, 2012 08:43:27 pm
      Isn't Peter Lim a United fan and implicated in the corruption scandal with Bryan Robson, maybe that had something to do with it  :f_tongueincheek:
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #103: Mar 09, 2012 08:46:56 pm
      Not if he thought Peter Lim's bid wasn't right for the Club. Forget money Eddie... it wasn't just about money but the long-term stability of the Club.

I'm guessing you aren't getting this whole fiduciary responsibility thing mate and (truthfully) I don't believe I can explain it to you any better. Broughton looked at the options and made a judgement that the bid which served the Club best, NOT the owners, wasn't that of Lim or anyone else.

I Get "fiduciary responsibility" but if it is a case of FSG being so better for the club why did they have to match Lims bid ?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #104: Mar 09, 2012 09:04:04 pm
      I Get "fiduciary responsibility" but if it is a case of FSG being so better for the club why did they have to match Lims bid ?

I'll try to explain it another way:

You Eddie have been given the responsibility, (which includes a duty of care), for selling and finding a home for a puppy which has been mistreated. You need to get £300 quid for it or it runs the risk of getting 'put to sleep'.

Two or more potential buyers turn up at your door. The first buyer, a more loving, caring, potential owner offers you £280 but it's not enough to keep the pup alive. The second potential buyer offers you the £300 but closer inspection shows that they may not have at heart what's best for the pup.

Given that you have a duty of care for the puppy; you go back to the one you think will take care of it best and ask them to match the second offer. They do so. You don't go back to the other looking more money. Why? You've fulfilled your duty of care to the pup AND you've also got enough money to save it.

Any reason to run to and fro has disappeared and there's no need to run the risk of the pup going to the wrong home.

It might read 'daft' but it's the best I can do mate. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #105: Mar 09, 2012 09:08:47 pm

You Eddie have been given the responsibility, (which includes a duty of care), for selling and finding a home for a puppy which has been mistreated. You need to get £300 quid for it or it runs the risk of getting 'put to sleep'.

Two or more potential buyers turn up at your door. The first buyer, a more loving, caring, potential owner offers you £280 but it's not enough to keep the pup alive. The second potential buyer offers you the £300 but closer inspection shows that they may not have at heart what's best for the pup.

Given that you have a duty of care for the puppy; you go back to the one you think will take care of it best and ask them to match the second offer. They do so. You don't go back to the other looking more money. Why? You've fulfilled your duty of care to the pup AND you've also got enough money to save it.

Any reason to run to and fro has disappeared and there's no need to run the risk of the pup going to the wrong home.

It might read 'daft' but it's the best I can do mate. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

I am a fiduciary by profession BBB and in layman's terms you could not of explained it much better.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #106: Mar 09, 2012 09:09:02 pm
      Forget that Peter Lim could have been the owner of this club. Very relieved he didn't take over the club. Where FSG have all the answers and techniques I feel to maximise the potential of the club, Lim I feel would have continued that trend of poor inadequate ownership.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #107: Mar 09, 2012 09:13:18 pm
      He is no oil sheik irregardless.

From Wiki

Peter Lim Eng Hock (born 1953) is a Singapore billionaire. In July 2010, Forbes magazine rated eighth amongst Singapore's 40 richest people with an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion.[2] In March 2010, he was tied for #655 amongst the world's billionaires, with an estimated net worth of $1.5 billion

Lim owns a series of Manchester United F.C. themed bars and clubs in Asia, which led to him bidding to take ownership of Liverpool F.C. in 2010, to expand the brand in Asia

And a manc on top of it all.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #108: Mar 09, 2012 09:27:52 pm
      The only thing undebateable is Fsg got the deal of the century when buying Liverpool
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #109: Mar 09, 2012 09:35:44 pm
      The only thing undebateable is Fsg got the deal of the century when buying Liverpool

FSG got a great deal mate, but I think Hicks and Gillett got a better one when the originally bought the club. H&G paid less, got a club that had just had two successful seasons , had  Rafa (just for you :) ) and they managed to blow all that in a few short years. Hopefully FSG will learn from H&G's mistakes rather than repeat them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #110: Mar 09, 2012 09:40:44 pm
       I agree when i see the price for spurs being quoted 495million it shows both what a deal hicks and gillette got and now Fsg. Jaysus we have agreed twice in one day now saint
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #111: Mar 09, 2012 09:50:54 pm
      I agree when i see the price for spurs being quoted 495million it shows both what a deal hicks and gillette got and now Fsg. Jaysus we have agreed twice in one day now saint

If this carries on I may have to revisit the Rafa thread just to restore balance to the universe :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #112: Mar 09, 2012 09:55:21 pm
      If you start praising Rafa I'll really get worried.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #113: Mar 09, 2012 10:39:50 pm
      S@int & Corbally the pair of you get a room   >:D
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #114: Mar 09, 2012 10:49:03 pm

Only time will tell if they made the right decision

As of yet no E-mail of stories have come out saying Lims was a bad choice, In fact they said both bids were excellent, So I don't believe they chose FSG over Lim because they through he would ruin the club.

You may very well be right, I don't know what Broughton was thinking, it is much nicer to believe he chose FSG because he through they were going to be the best custodian but I am not that sure 

Quick Reply