Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 676214 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6118: Jul 03, 2023 03:11:38 pm
      He doesn’t need the money though - and going there won’t help his management career

None of them do really do they but still cant help themselves.  ???
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,630 posts | 7146 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)
      Reply #6119: Jul 03, 2023 03:51:05 pm
      If you dont quote him I dont see his posts its f***in annoying and now he is criticising Gerrard for chasing money and we have the worlds greediest bas**rds in charge.
      I doubt he could offer Stevie any advice in anything other than being a BOT.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,591 posts | 1810 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6120: Jul 03, 2023 04:03:55 pm
      Crack on Stevie lad. Take the cash and run. l o l
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #6121: Jul 03, 2023 04:11:14 pm
      If there were any decent offers I've no doubt he'd take one but it's a hard thing to pull back when it goes tits up like it did at Villa. You either start from a lower level or go abroad. In this case it's a lower level and abroad but the offer comes with a tonne of money as well. I wouldn't blame him for it even though I don't like the trend. Rafa went to China for a bit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #6122: Jul 03, 2023 04:12:22 pm
      None of them do really do they but still cant help themselves.  ???

Of course - but it’s a bit different with Saudi , it’s blood money from a horrific regime. It’s more than just the money there
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #6123: Jul 03, 2023 04:13:10 pm
      If you dont quote him I dont see his posts its f***in annoying and now he is criticising Gerrard for chasing money and we have the worlds greediest bas**rds in charge.

Christ you even dribble on about the owners here - sad man
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6124: Jul 03, 2023 04:46:43 pm
      Confirmed as manager.

Gerrard Named Head Coach Of Al Ettifaq
      Steven Gerrard has been appointed as head coach of Saudi Pro League outfit Al Ettifaq.

It is the 43-year-old's first job since being sacked by Aston Villa in October after just 11 months in charge.

Before his stint at Villa, the former Liverpool captain had a three-year spell in charge of Rangers, who he led to the Scottish Premiership title in 2021.
      https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6125: Jul 03, 2023 04:48:08 pm

Sorry pal nothing I can do about that. 😂 We all quote members at times and I’m pretty sure we all have some members on ignore. It’s just the way it is. 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6126: Jul 03, 2023 04:49:33 pm
      Of course - but it’s a bit different with Saudi , it’s blood money from a horrific regime. It’s more than just the money there

They’ll be plenty more that follow. We all have to get use to it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #6127: Jul 03, 2023 05:04:47 pm
      They’ll be plenty more that follow. We all have to get use to it.

I have no doubt more will follow and I hope more like Vardy turn it down
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,431 posts | 807 
      Reply #6128: Jul 03, 2023 05:41:19 pm
      For some reason I expected a bit more from SG. He must know the appalling record of this regime...and let's face it, he's far from skint.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,091 posts | 2122 
      Reply #6129: Jul 03, 2023 05:42:12 pm
      Taking a job like that is a sure fire sign that you're not really taking it seriously anymore. For someone so early on in his management career it's a bizarre move.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #6130: Jul 03, 2023 05:49:28 pm
      Taking a job like that is a sure fire sign that you're not really taking it seriously anymore. For someone so early on in his management career it's a bizarre move.

Yep agree here - just a poor move all around
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,379 posts | 8626 
      Reply #6131: Jul 03, 2023 05:55:48 pm
      Don't see anyone over here battering down his door offering him a job, so if that's what's available management wise. That would explain the decision and the extra few quid :laugh:
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | 38 
      Reply #6132: Jul 03, 2023 06:17:41 pm
      Bit disappointed in him if I'm honest. It's not like he's short a few quid. Backwards step in his managerial career.

In the end though I guess he's only human.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6133: Jul 03, 2023 06:26:30 pm
      Don't see anyone over here battering down his door offering him a job, so if that's what's available management wise. That would explain the decision and the extra few quid :laugh:

Think you’re right, his career hasn’t exactly got off to a great start over here. Truth be know a bit poor and after he lost his job at Villa and new manager doing a decent job didn’t look good on him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,630 posts | 7146 
      Reply #6134: Jul 03, 2023 07:43:55 pm
      Think you’re right, his career hasn’t exactly got off to a great start over here. Truth be know a bit poor and after he lost his job at Villa and new manager doing a decent job didn’t look good on him.

when you have a gutter snipe in the dressing room it doesnt help . Lets see how Villa do this season and it for Stevie working abroad could be a good experience. It took Jürgen a long time to get to the top of management bit too soon to right him off and the EPL is a grave yard for young managers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6135: Jul 03, 2023 07:47:37 pm
      when you have a gutter snipe in the dressing room it doesnt help . Lets see how Villa do this season and it for Stevie working abroad could be a good experience. It took Jürgen a long time to get to the top of management bit too soon to right him off and the EPL is a grave yard for young managers.

Think the money will do him more good than the experience.   ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #6136: Jul 03, 2023 07:48:56 pm

Not sure how working in the Saudi league is good experience.

Disappointed in this news if I'm honest.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2853 
      Reply #6137: Jul 03, 2023 07:54:09 pm
      Only way this makes sense is if he's given up on managing at the top level and just fancies this for a year or two for the money before coming back here and continuing his punditry work.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #6138: Jul 03, 2023 07:56:07 pm
      Think the money will do him more good than the experience.   ;D

Working in Saudi has nothing to do with gaining experience 😂 it’s only money

He moved to Villa too early , should have stayed at Rangers a bit longer and then maybe looked to move to a team at the start of a season
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6139: Jul 03, 2023 08:16:53 pm
      Working in Saudi has nothing to do with gaining experience 😂 it’s only money

He moved to Villa too early , should have stayed at Rangers a bit longer and then maybe looked to move to a team at the start of a season

It was the new season that was his downfall with Villa.

When he first moved there, he got some good results - losing only to us and City in his first six games. Bit of a sticky period after that but ended the season alright, again losing only to us and City in the final eight games of the season.

Then in the summer they spent a fair whack on a number of players who didn't quite work out (doesn't help that the centre half he was putting his hopes on went down injured for the season so early on either), he had a public spat with Mings and the results weren't great with just one win in his last eight as manager.

Not bothered about him going to Saudi, it's something new for him. Don't think he'd be getting another top flight job over here any time soon so a chance for him to try and prove himself somewhere else. The money helps but he did turn the job down a few months back so something has changed - maybe he didn't think the Saudi league would attract the players it has but now that it has, he thinks there is a future over there. Dunno if the family will move over there with him.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,431 posts | 807 
      Reply #6140: Jul 03, 2023 08:31:33 pm
      Not sure how working in the Saudi league is good experience.

Disappointed in this news if I'm honest.
      I'll be surprised if he's still there after 12months.

Quick Reply