Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Suarez claims it's cups rather than top?

Read 8113 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Re: Suarez claims it's cups rather than top?
      Reply #46: Oct 06, 2011 12:25:46 pm
      Playing down expectations anyone?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Oct 06, 2011 12:30:55 pm
      What's this talk of Barca and where is it coming from? From the quotes given about him wanting to play for a massive club when he was at Ajax? Guess what, his wish came true and he's here. No more Barca talk.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #48: Oct 06, 2011 12:45:02 pm
      What's this talk of Barca and where is it coming from? From the quotes given about him wanting to play for a massive club when he was at Ajax? Guess what, his wish came true and he's here. No more Barca talk.
      He has specifically admitted that he would love to play for Barca ...

Suarez: 'I dream of playing for Barcelona'

Published 14:15 03/07/11

Luis Suarez has admitted he has always dreamt of playing for Barcelona, but insists he is committed to Liverpool for now.

He also has a direct link to the Spanish champions as his agent is Pere Guardiola - the brother of Barca boss Pep.

Suarez said: “Before knowing Pere, I had that dream of playing for Barcelona.

“Obviously he is connected to Barcelona through his brother but these are work issues, totally different to personal ones.

“If Pep Guardiola wants me, he will want me totally independently of who represents me.

“But for now, Liverpool is the only club I want to play for.”

The Uruguayan star also revealed Reds boss Kenny Dalglish has played a big part in helping him to settle on Merseyside and play in front of the Kop.

Suarez said: “There are so many people watching you. You feel the pressure of what the club has paid for you.

“But I tried to live as calmly as I could, not to think about the people watching me.

“The boss told me to be the same player I always was, not to try to change.

“His advice was a great help and he was not wrong – he was exactly right.”
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez-I-dream-of-playing-for-Barcelona-article755833.html

He will very likely go there in the future ... Hopefully, not so soon ...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #49: Oct 06, 2011 12:53:16 pm
      "I had that dream.'

Next!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,424 posts | 2836 
      Reply #50: Oct 06, 2011 01:01:38 pm
      Obviously Luis doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand the Liverpool way.

Really?
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #51: Oct 06, 2011 02:28:55 pm
      Unreachable..depends on how you define it. If you're insisting that he said we're lacking compared to them, it's your say. I do think what he really meant was in terms of cash spending.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Oct 06, 2011 02:44:12 pm
      Beat the Mancs next weekend and ask him again...

Suarez: I was wrong. Let's do this.

I'm sure he'll give his all out on the pitch regardless of what he thinks of the other teams around us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #53: Oct 06, 2011 03:55:21 pm
      He has specifically admitted that he would love to play for Barca ...
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez-I-dream-of-playing-for-Barcelona-article755833.html

He will very likely go there in the future ... Hopefully, not so soon ...

Doesn't this all depend on Barca actually wanting him!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #54: Oct 06, 2011 03:56:50 pm
      Obviously Luis doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand the Liverpool way.

He's only been here five minutes, give him a chance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Oct 06, 2011 04:02:26 pm
      Tell ya what, he knows a sh*t load more than some fans about what it means to be part of this club.

Not pointing anyone out, just sayin'.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #56: Oct 06, 2011 04:07:24 pm

And him wanting to leave us when we're conquering domestically and on the European front again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #57: Oct 06, 2011 04:26:23 pm
      You can't say for sure that he will leave if an offer comes in aka Torres. There's no saying he has the amazingly shallow qualities of character that Torres seemingly possesses, who can say what heights LFC can reach which could also affect any decision and he has given no positive inication that he is going anywhere.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #58: Oct 06, 2011 04:30:16 pm
      He signed a five year contract when we bought him, I don't care about all this talk with Barca.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Oct 06, 2011 04:51:26 pm
      Why are we talking about Suarez going to Barca ffs ?, he aint even been here a season yet and in repsone to the original post, well lost in translation me thinks, move on nothing to see here except the usual person making a tit of himself.

He may think City Chelsea etc are untouchable in terms of money, but we'll see how untouchable Luis thinks they are when get them on the pitch.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #60: Oct 06, 2011 04:57:47 pm
      I think some people have the 'once bitten, twice shy' mentality. After being stabbed in the back by Torres, people are naturally more cautious towards Suarez, in case he does the same to us, I'm not saying he will by any means, but people will understandably be more detached for a while.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #61: Oct 06, 2011 05:37:11 pm

Of course they would want him ... They are not stupid ...

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing him for at least another 2-3 seasons in the red shirt, before he makes his dream move ...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #62: Oct 06, 2011 05:52:54 pm
      Of course they would want him ... They are not stupid ...

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing him for at least another 2-3 seasons in the red shirt, before he makes his dream move ...

Proper grammar, please.

His dream move right now is getting in to the box and scoring for Liverpool so until that changes, i have no concerns.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #63: Oct 06, 2011 06:53:47 pm
      I can understand what Luis means he looks at it from the season so far but there are a few things to sort out yet and one should be Stevie to replace Adam and Henderson do his learning from the bench while bringing Kuyt back, a more balanced team and a stronger one. Then we have Carroll and if he gets his game going then who knows even if he stands still there is always Bellamy to fill in, he's no bad option if Carroll can't cut it, even Luis may be surprised.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #64: Oct 06, 2011 07:18:24 pm
      Seems to me when Luis said Untouchable, he was meaning they have a few years more of squad building, and we are behind them in that aspect. I agree with him that a cup is our best chance of a trophy (Pretty obvious really), but I have to believe he thinks winning the league is possible. Whenever we beat the Mancs, he'll definitely believe it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Oct 06, 2011 07:21:29 pm

Re-quoting, just for emphasis.

I think the fact he is only just getting a handle on our language should really be taken into account. I highly doubt Suarez has given up hope on the title - and regardless, I know he only has one style of play when on the pitch - 100%. That's all I need to know, and I have full trust in him to do that. Something I didn't have in Nando for a long time.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Oct 06, 2011 07:22:09 pm
      Quico, can you post the original Spanish text? That won't open up for me :( If not, no biggie, I'm just curious.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #67: Oct 06, 2011 08:06:10 pm
      Quico, can you post the original Spanish text? That won't open up for me :( If not, no biggie, I'm just curious.
      Its a pdf file in italian, the original interview. Scroll dow and choose "slow download"
      In a nutshell, as you might guess, its a TRANSLATION from the original interview in SPANISH TO ITALIAN, and it was then TRANSLATED AGAIN to ENGLISH.

So...unless they had me translating, im pretty sure they fu**ed up.
      Unreachable was translated from INTRATABLE. thats a figure of speech in Uruguay.
      When someone plays very, very, very well, we say he is INTRATABLE (impossble to deal with)...but its also impossible to translate its whole meaning. But then again, impossible for us just means you have to try a little harder. ;)

Again, lost in translation

As for Barcelona. I have watched many interviews with the lad, and in spanish, all he ever said was the obvious: they are the best team in the world at the moment.  NEVER heard( HEARD!!) him say anything about him wanting to play there AFTER his move to Liverpool

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #68: Oct 06, 2011 08:30:55 pm
      I think its a load of 'Bolas' meself, why the F**k should he come out and say anything after all we're playing the Mankers next, could it be that the gamesmanship is at the forefront of luis's mind, we're on;y six games in and we're hanging on to the Mancunian coat tails along with the plastics, they allahve CL football to contend with especially in the new year,

i believe we wil not only take points off all these so called big guns, i honestly dont think we will lose to any of them,home and away, i can see us just getting better and better while the pressure builds and builds on them, we have nothing to lose, so we can be a tad more gung ho, we're not expected to win the league,and to some no where near it, but i can remember a certain match in May '05' when no kunt gave us a chance after 45 mins, we have another 32 matches ahead of us, there will be ups as well as downs in the coming months,and i include everyone in there,

Luis may have spoke out of turn or whatever, but we all know whatever he said would be stretched and twisted to sell arsewipe paper, and of course that other pro-Manc media outlet,sky,willmake a mountain out of a gnats nipple.

Quick Reply