Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless

Read 42836 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless
      Reply #69: Oct 18, 2011 10:44:22 am
      I see the BBC have taken their move to Salford in their stride with Pat Nevin and Ian Mcgarry banging on about Suarez's reputation and that handball in South Africa, talk about innocent until proven guilty. I mean FFS I do wish people would let that go, he only did what any other player would have done it that situation. It says a lot when David Pleat said it is very wrong to jump to conclusions based on any previous situations, after all Pleat sat on the panel who heard the Evra/United case against the Chelsea groundstaff which as we all know criticised United for unreliable evidence. If we were going on character Evra cannot be portrayed as a tree hugging , fluffy bunny rabbit lover as there are more than a few skeletons in his cupboard. I heard that Collymore dragged up the Harkness business again saying that it was swept under the carpet, its quite simple if there is no evidence then that person cannot be found guilty.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,393 posts | 1025 
      Reply #70: Oct 18, 2011 11:58:15 am
      All the other incidents involving Suarez have been isolated incidents in the heat of the game. Anyone can get carried away during a game . Not condoning it in any way but it is completely different to systematically racially abusing someone throughout the game.
      I hope Evra will be asked to identify exactly when these things were said. Because let's face it if it happened so often and it upset him so much he will surely remember at least some.
      The other thing that bothers me about this is Fergie said after the game that it had been played in a good spirit and he was glad that it was incident free!
      So I just wonder when exactly Evra told his manager about these incidents, not obviously straight after the game.
      Perhaps it was after Fergie had given him the hairdryer treatment for his abysmal performance.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #71: Oct 18, 2011 01:08:01 pm
      If Suarez did abuse that princess evra, I'm sure he would have done the same to other players of the same color, why haven't we heard any report made against Suarez before this? Even if Suarez did utter those words did princess evra provoked Suarez into doing so? It takes 2 to tango as the saying goes. That whiskey nose spent so much time on this trivial matter clearly shows that he has lost the plot, there were so much weaknesses in his team that he needs to mask it till the next match. He has to send his troops out after the match to discredit us. Everyone can see what he's trying to achieve. I hope City gives the scums a good walloping at old toilet. Let's hope Johnson run rings around that princess to remind him to do his talking on the pitch not after the match. We beat city last year convincingly did Mancini made any excuses or accusations against us? No, he accepted defeat in a graceful and gentlemanly way. Old whiskey face doesn't realise that the more they moan the more they are hated. It's truly amazing, how many of their players accused us this and that after the match, which includes that old fart while KD said nothing. KD really has got class and I hope KD won't fall into the trap and start a war of words with that old fart, he's just trying to distract us to cover his own weaknesses and get us all upset for nothing. I believe whiskey nose suddenly realised that they are not as invisible as they thought, not forgetting how much they went about praising themselves and that we have just fully exposed their weaknesses.   They have suddenly looked so average without Shriek, fanny nani and that mexican fellow. If these 3-stooges got injured or underperformed they'll be in big trouble.

What we really need now is a world class striker to partner Suarez plus a tough tackling and creative playmaker in midfield.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #72: Oct 18, 2011 01:08:04 pm
      I still say this is a load of bollocks, if Suarez had said what he is accused of saying, could you Rio and Danny Welbeck standing by and not getting involved.

When this is found to be a load of sh*t I bet you this will be quietly dropped and F**k all will happen to Evra. It's now Tuesday, the game was Saturday earlier afternoon, if sky had images of Suarez mouthing anything remotely racist at Evra, it would be all over SSN.

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #73: Oct 18, 2011 01:23:46 pm
      I still say this is a load of bollocks, if Suarez had said what he is accused of saying, could you Rio and Danny Welbeck standing by and not getting involved.

When this is found to be a load of sh*t I bet you this will be quietly dropped and f**k all will happen to Evra. It's now Tuesday, the game was Saturday earlier afternoon, if sky had images of Suarez mouthing anything remotely racist at Evra, it would be all over SSN.

It's not necessarily that simple...

Pretty sure Sky will only have access to what was broadcasted live to their viewers at the time. Basically, the cameras you see at the game will feed the footage they get to every single one of the different media outlets, including Sky, who then broadcast the footage out to their seperate viewers.

It's very unlikely Sky will have the raw footage of anything that happened outside of what was shown on the TV at the time. That will be with the company which the FA uses to handle all the television cameras and live feed from the match as the FA control the rights to what is shown and to whom it is shown to (not Sky who are just buying certain rights from them). Without researching, it is most likely a totally independent company. So if there is footage of anything dodgy, it may have slipped the net at the time but may still be there in the hands of the FA.

That said, I still would have thought it's bollocks.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #74: Oct 18, 2011 01:32:35 pm
      If Sky can only access what is broadcast live, then how can they show some many of those 'third eyes' on Soccer Am?

Most of those are crowd shots from before the television coverage or stuff that never made it to live broadcast.

You telling me they go to an independent tv company and go through their footage each week searching for something worth showing?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #75: Oct 18, 2011 01:48:52 pm
      If Sky can only access what is broadcast live, then how can they show some many of those 'third eyes' on Soccer Am?

Most of those are crowd shots from before the television coverage or stuff that never made it to live broadcast.

You telling me they go to an independent tv company and go through their footage each week searching for something worth showing?

Only going by what I know of live feed broadcast in other sports but I would say that the rights for crowd shots etc. will be different from actual match footage. Sky may also have some of their own cameras in the stadium as well, but it will be to capture stuff for use outside the live broadcast which is handled by one central company on site. So yes, essentially you're right, there will be people along the line somewhere searching through footage looking for funny/extra stuff, either that or there will be people watching each camera and noting in particular moments which could be used at a later date for shows like Soccer AM, MOTD etc.

Watch the adverts for football on Sky and you'll see a lot of beautiful super slow motion, high frame rate shots. You'll never see this kind of shot anywhere in a Live broadcast during the match for the very reason that during a live match broadcast there is a centralised company handling the television live feed broadcast for all television outlets. Sky will have to pay extra to use these shots in their advertisements over and above what they pay for the live feed rights. Like I say, these may be Sky's own cameras for this specific use, however these may also be shot by the FA's TV company and sold to media outlets at a later date.

Just think how many different cameras there would be in the stadium for all the different outlets over the world otherwise if they all brought their own cameras and handled their own live feed. There'd be no room for the crowd!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #76: Oct 18, 2011 01:59:31 pm
      Fair enough, didn't know that.

Still think HR is right though, if footage/screenshot/evidence exists I'm sure at least one media outlet would have found a way to get it by now.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #77: Oct 18, 2011 02:07:41 pm
      Fair enough, didn't know that.

Still think HR is right though, if footage/screenshot/evidence exists I'm sure at least one media outlet would have found a way to get it by now.

I'm almost positive that if the footage exists, the FA will have banned the use of it by anyone pending the investigation as the rights to the footage ultimately belong to them.

But that's beside the point because I doubt the footage exists anyway haha!
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #78: Oct 18, 2011 02:31:09 pm
      He should be banned for this first.

Patrice Evra and his high pitched voice
      LFCexiled
      Reply #79: Oct 18, 2011 02:51:23 pm
      To think that the only footage that exists is what you see on your telly would be a bit naive, as naive as andy gray was to think he wasn't being recorded 'off shot'.

They have 30 odd cameras at the match and every camera records constantly so there will be 30 separate 'full match coverage' to view. To think that when we watch a match and the camera view changes that means the original camera has switched off is a tad bizarre.

If it existed I'm sure it'd be out by now. Having said that we all know how sly and anti-LFC they can be don't we?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #80: Oct 18, 2011 03:07:41 pm

They have 30 odd cameras at the match and every camera records constantly so there will be 30 separate 'full match coverage' to view. To think that when we watch a match and the camera view changes that means the original camera has switched off is a tad bizarre.

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but just to clarify, I never said or implied that...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #81: Oct 18, 2011 03:11:46 pm
      I'm almost positive that if the footage exists, the FA will have banned the use of it by anyone pending the investigation as the rights to the footage ultimately belong to them.

Might be over ten years ago but didn't sky continually re-show Peter Schmiechel mouthing a racist comment to Ian Wright after something happened between them during a Arsenal/Man U game at highbury.

No footage will exist because I don't believe evra's account, the lying manc scumbag.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #82: Oct 18, 2011 04:33:45 pm
      If he said anything it will be on film. However if it is it might well be being kept under wraps by the EPL/FA until it's under investigation. I find that a little hard to beleive though, it's more than likely Evra misheard him or heard something that he thought he could use to label Suarez a racist for his own gain.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #83: Oct 18, 2011 06:53:17 pm
      Isn't this a game for grown ups? ffs Evra grow some knackers and stop whining ! cannot understand why this sort of issue makes headlines , abuse should never happen in a perfect world ,either remarks about colour,religion,obesity,or even ginners ! but it does ,always has and probably always will, Evra is hardly a saint is he ?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #84: Oct 18, 2011 08:04:56 pm
      Might be over ten years ago but didn't sky continually re-show Peter Schmiechel mouthing a racist comment to Ian Wright after something happened between them during a Arsenal/Man U game at highbury.

No footage will exist because I don't believe evra's account, the lying manc scumbag.

he is, proper scumbag. same di*k who accused chelsea staff of racism, only to be fined and banned for being found to be guilty. every single one of those players are scum
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #85: Oct 18, 2011 08:25:28 pm
      Why do we hate them so much - because of this, Fergie not even getting a mention for slagging off Luis the player who lights up the premiership - Fergie accusing a player of diving, it is sickening, the man should never have been made a peer hes a disgrace, does he not remember ronaldo, Nani ffs?

Has Ferguson ever played Kenny a compliment, even though in every interview Kenny oozes integrity and respect?

They disgust me.
      eire-red
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #86: Oct 18, 2011 09:02:08 pm
      Should definitely get some sort of punishment if it's not proven, you can't just go around making these sort of accusations repeatedly. A bad name can stick to someone even if it's not deserved!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #87: Oct 19, 2011 03:22:38 pm
          Suarez denied any abuse and fought to clear his name.

Sky Sports found no footage that supports Evra.

It emerged that referee Andre Marriner did not hear any of the alleged 10 racist comments.

While supporting their player, United are leaving the matter to the France left back.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2049897/Luis-Suarez-Patrice-Evra-grilled-FA.html#ixzz1bEmDyPh7
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #88: Oct 19, 2011 05:51:41 pm
      Any idea when this will be resolved by..? I would like an interviewer to ask the old red one to appoligise to Suarez!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,765 posts | 7184 
      Reply #89: Oct 19, 2011 07:46:36 pm
      He's a sniffling little git. Did he ever hear the story of the boy who cried Wolf he has got form once at Chelsea with the ground staff and once with Steve Finnan none of which were proven.
      Suarez's English is not the best so not even sure if he would us eEnglish to abuse someone in the heat of the moment more likely his mother tongue so it all adds up to nothing again and this time Evra should be taken to task.
      He also used the French media rather than the English again a calculated manipulative move on his part.
      Then we shouldn't expect much from him he has to look at Ferguson for morale guidance.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #90: Oct 19, 2011 07:52:00 pm
          Suarez denied any abuse and fought to clear his name.

Sky Sports found no footage that supports Evra.

It emerged that referee Andre Marriner did not hear any of the alleged 10 racist comments.

While supporting their player, United are leaving the matter to the France left back.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2049897/Luis-Suarez-Patrice-Evra-grilled-FA.html#ixzz1bEmDyPh7

Points 2-4 are very interesting, especially the 4th one.

Looks like the scum are distancing themselves from him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #91: Oct 19, 2011 08:07:39 pm
      With the amount of cameras sky have at games and their love of utd, that they can't find footage to support Evra tells me it didn't happen. People that make false reports like this F***ing disgust me even more than racist themselves.

Talking to the French media before an investigation shows what a F***ing ape he is. He has tried to tarnish Suarez name and I hope when this is proven bullshit Suarez goes after damages for defamation of his name.

Quick Reply