Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 47260 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration
      Reply #667: Oct 23, 2011 08:40:05 am
      We just didn't kill the game off, similair to Stoke-we had chances to win 3 games, if Suarez was on his game he would have have had a hatful himself, positve signs though, the team is bonding well and playing great football.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #668: Oct 23, 2011 08:53:12 am
      very dissapointed and let down by the team! We really are turning into a one man team again,ie.,no suarez show up,no win for us! King Kenny needs to start dropping players that are not perfoming to warming benches,and give chance to others that wants to play!likes of downing,hendo,needs to be dropped,pronto!give spearing,and others chance to prove themselves. Plus,King Kenny,ur crown is faltering by the day,get it in order,please!
      davebent1
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #669: Oct 23, 2011 09:17:41 am
      what is frustrating is the time it takes to make changes when it is not working, it was crying out for a change at half time for carroll and henderson to come on, and carroll has to be given a run in the team to see whether it can work with suarez, the other point is we are too slow getting forwrad and under commit when we do, hopefully the team can move on  from now
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #670: Oct 23, 2011 09:34:36 am
      Absolutely gutted after yesterday. It's happening too often and I think it may cost us dearly at the end of the season.
      As has been said we are relying too much on Suarez , he is a huge talent , but can't do it all himself.
      We must sort things out quickly because we are in danger of being cast adrift from the top 4.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #671: Oct 23, 2011 09:57:00 am
      I just don't know where to start, but what could I say? Our jinx against the lesser teams continues again. And again our unfortunate 2nd half performance continues.

First half we started brilliantly and we pressed them high. They got little to show and we were firing on all cylinders. 2nd minute of the game and Skrtel nearly got us the first goal but the bar denied us. From there there has been series of unfortunate events coming our way. At least we missed out on few good chances because of the post. God I wished they were a few inches wider! We didn't let them breathe and Johnson was awesome. After 45 minutes of attack, finally Bellamy broke the deadlock.

2nd half where evertyhing turned sour. It was again the same episode rerun against Sunderland. We failed to mount any pressure and let them into the game. We were playing like we're satisfied with that one goal advantage. We let them boss around our midfield and leave a huge gap for them to manipulate. We actually let them dictate the whole 2nd half for us! And their equalizer marked their determination to get even. After that we gone under pressure and made some serious errors. Our passes were sometime premature, overhit or too direct. Our flanks didn't worked well, some of our lads held up the ball for too long that they managed to regroup and defended well.

Problem is again our 2nd half performances. We seem to be experiencing an issue with our 2nd half. The same when we played against Sunderland on our 1st game. We left too much space for them to manouvre and let them dictate our game. 45-55 minute we continued the usual play then 55-80 we dissapeared and gone AWOL. 80 to the dying 2nd we went ballistic and as if hell breaks loose. After they got the equalizing goal we're still in dreamland and like inviting them to attack more. Come 80th minute when we realized that we've under too much pressure, we switched to gung-ho mode and that's where we lost too much because our eagerness to get that 2nd goal. We made too much passing errors. Then again when palying with Suarez upfront we crossed like we a 7 foot giant.

It's not that we're lacking in strikeforce,29 total shot proved that, but we're lacking in finishing. And putting on Carroll so late in the game didn't help either. I just wished that if we have one more Suarez everything will change. As for Suarez, there's no one I would love to have other than him. His determination, passion and hunger for goals really got me going. It's a shame he didn't cap his fine performance with a goal. Anyway, what's done is done and our lads  need to learn from this. Never let other dictate your game, bring the game to them, and if you want to go AWOL do it after 85 minutes of the game.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #672: Oct 23, 2011 10:16:36 am
      Must start putting some of those chances away, if we are going to avoid slipping down the table.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #673: Oct 23, 2011 10:28:52 am
      Not one positive from me. Poor from all players and substitutions were a joke from kenny and the staff.
      Rubbish all round i'm afraid .
      Not one positive? F**k off. It was frustrating because we didn't kill it off but the team played well, specially first half. Could have been 3 up in the first ten minutes. Say something constructive. Your assessment offers nothing positive because you haven't the intellect, tosser. Comments like yours really get my back up. Put it this way, if we play like that as a team every week, we'll win more than we lose. Cast your mind back twelve months, (if you can think that far back), if you want to start bitchin.
      smithymonster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #674: Oct 23, 2011 10:35:01 am
      Morning everyone, I have just woke up and the first thing I thought was "Jesus how did Carrol miss that header at the end yesterday!!" But seriously , how did he miss it?!!
      smithymonster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #675: Oct 23, 2011 10:37:45 am
      Not one positive? F**k off. It was frustrating because we didn't kill it off but the team played well, specially first half. Could have been 3 up in the first ten minutes. Say something constructive. Your assessment offers nothing positive because you haven't the intellect, tosser. Comments like yours really get my back up. Put it this way, if we play like that as a team every week, we'll win more than we lose. Cast your mind back twelve months, (if you can think that far back), if you want to start bi*chin.

Couldnt agree more pal, although youre so aggressive!!!!! We had just lost to the blue scumbags this time last year, 2-0 , I think people forget how far we have come in such a short space of time, great new owners ,great new manager and some great new players.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #676: Oct 23, 2011 10:43:37 am
      With this form we'd even struggle for the Championship title let alone premier league. So, Europa here we come.
      Balls. Say something intelligent. plz-be-top4? Are you for real? Liverpool Football Club doesn't ask anyone please, we expect to 'take' first place. Plz-f-up, plz-be-top4.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #677: Oct 23, 2011 10:47:34 am

Couldnt agree more pal, although youre so aggressive!!!!! We had just lost to the blue scumbags this time last year, 2-0 , I think people forget how far we have come in such a short space of time, great new owners ,great new manager and some great new players.
      Sorry bout being aggressive mate. Stinking hangover, gutted with result. Ruins the whole weekend! Back to bed.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #678: Oct 23, 2011 10:48:01 am
      At the pace were goin,we are not matching the magpies even at all,pathetic,totally pathetic!its one thing giving the players and the coach time to gel, but this is enough time to start delivering,till when are gonna end every season as a mediocre midtable team! come on redmen,start showing some passion and a will to finish off opponents business like!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #679: Oct 23, 2011 10:48:48 am

:lmao:

All bickering aside, let's just try and move on, learn from yet another lesson in front of goal and get 3 points against Woy's army.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #680: Oct 23, 2011 10:59:57 am
      I'm still depressed :(

Sunderland and Norwich at home, these are teams we SHOULD be beating, not giving them a point each. Hell, all games at Anfield SHOULD be won, IMO.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #681: Oct 23, 2011 11:03:48 am
      :lmao:

All bickering aside, let's just try and move on, learn from yet another lesson in front of goal and get 3 points against Woy's army.
      Your right mate, I'm a bit out of order. The performance wasn't that bad, just our failure to kill it off. WBA away will be hard. Woy will have ten men behind the ball as usual, trying 'not to lose'. However, we're more than capable of taking three away points.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2011 12:17:16 pm by redkenny »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #682: Oct 23, 2011 11:09:42 am
      We had a  £ 35 million pound striker on the bench for most of the match.
      Why?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #683: Oct 23, 2011 11:21:31 am

TBH, I expected to see Maxi for Downing and Andy for Kuyt in the 65th min. And Agger on the left and Enrique as LW was a little baffling. Also, I could not understand the logic of substituting our goal scorer. IMO Bellamy was having a decent game.

In any case, no point mulling this over even though we have dropped two points. As Crouchie says, we need to move on and concentrate on the Carling cup tie against Stoke. A win there will do wonders to our confidence.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #684: Oct 23, 2011 11:27:42 am
      Your right m8, I'm a bit outta order. The performance wasn't that bad, just our failure to kill it off. WBA away will be hard. Woy will have ten men behind the ball as usual, trying 'not to lose'. However, we're more than capable of taking three away points.

Not to worry fella. An understandable reaction after the game.

We'll win some we weren't supposed to, we won't win some we were supposed to. That's natural. But the thing is at the end of the season the ladder won't lie and where we finish is where we deserve to finish and will show what we have to do to get better and improve.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #685: Oct 23, 2011 11:30:31 am
      For me it was just one of those games, another day we'd have won that game 5 or 6 - 1, I really have no complaints.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #686: Oct 23, 2011 11:41:58 am
      For me it was just one of those games, another day we'd have won that game 5 or 6 - 1, I really have no complaints.

Yeah, those games are happening pretty frequently this season. Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs, Norwich. By the way, when was the last time we have scored more than 2 goals in a league game? Couple of months ago?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #687: Oct 23, 2011 11:44:50 am
      Yeah, those games are happening pretty frequently this season. Sunderland, Stoke, Mancs, Norwich. By the way, when was the last time we have scored more than 2 goals in a league game? Couple of months ago?

Lets be honest here Mac Red all yesterday came down to was not being clinical enough in front of goal, we had more than enough chances to win the game, on another day we'd have burried them in the first half alone, the signs are encouraging were creating chances, once we start putting them away we'll do alright.

Rafa's final season I remembr people saying we created enough against the likes of Fulham and Blackburn to win the games and we clearly hadn't as both Fulham and Blackburn created a lot more chances than ourselves, I havent got any complaints about creating chances this season.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #688: Oct 23, 2011 11:50:12 am
      Lets be honest here Mac Red all yesterday came down to was not being clinical enough in front of goal, we had more than enough chances to win the game, on another day we'd have burried them in the first half alone, the signs are encouraging were creating chances, once we start putting them away we'll do alright.

Finally someone said it :) +
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #689: Oct 23, 2011 11:52:34 am
      We had a  £ 35 million pound striker on the bench for most of the match.
      Why?

Because we had better players on the pitch and money doesnt play ?

Quick Reply