Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)

Read 8592 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)
      Oct 28, 2011 10:51:25 am
      Liverpool linked with Coloccini

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is stepping up his interest in Newcastle's cult hero skipper Fabricio Coloccini - and weighing up a transfer window move.

Director of football Damien Comolli personally lead a two-man delegation to watch the powerful Argentina centre-half as the Reds updated their dossier on him.

Coloccini has become one of the better defenders in the Premier League and Dalglish is looking to strengthen in that department now 33-year-old Jamie Carragher is officially at the veteran stage.

Newcastle, who have already sold Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique to Liverpool in 2011, would look for a big fee for a player who is the current number one idol of the Toon Army.

Read more: Link

Now i was taliking about Arsenal being a feeder club to Man city and i was disagreeing with Man City doing this . However im reading about Colocinni now and thinking Not a bad player , Would love to see him at anfield he has a good pedigree of clubs hes played at . Hes tried and tested in the premier league wih almost 120 apperances.
                 Which brings me to the point , I feel a little two faced slagging Man City off for doing to Arsenal what we seem to be doing to Newcastle!
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011 12:46:46 pm by Reslivo »
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Re: Collocini
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2011 11:25:33 am
      rather have cahill. both would cost around the same but cahill is slightly better and a few years younger
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2011 12:38:59 pm
      So Coates puts in a sound performance (the mistake for their goal aside) against a fairly physical/difficult side and two days later we are linked with an average player who's about eight years older than him and would do nothing but hinder his progress, its a no from me!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2011 12:44:36 pm
      Average player?

He's the main reason that Newcastle have conceded the least goals so far this season.

Coloccini is an absolute demon in defence, and I'd welcome him here with open arms.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Re: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2011 12:50:16 pm
      Average player?

He's the main reason that Newcastle have conceded the least goals so far this season.

Coloccini is an absolute demon in defence, and I'd welcome him here with open arms.

Very F***ing average, seem him plenty of times before he even moved to Newcastle, he's sh*te and I'd rather show faith in Seba.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2011 12:54:21 pm
      He was sh*te when he first moved to Newcastle. I didn't rate him at all, but who's to say a player can't improve?

You can't say he's "sh*te" on the basis of what you saw before his move to Newcastle. That's just biased and arrogant.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2011 01:00:00 pm
      If he can provide adequate back up and Kenny seems think he does have quality I wouldn't argue.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2011 01:02:42 pm
      no way...!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2011 01:05:47 pm
      He was sh*te when he first moved to Newcastle. I didn't rate him at all, but who's to say a player can't improve?

You can't say he's "sh*te" on the basis of what you saw before his move to Newcastle. That's just biased and arrogant.

Biased and arrogant. What like the rest of the 12,000 kopites!

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and F***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

There's six central defenders, do you still think we need a seventh?

And all this for some page filler in the F***ing mirror and it's only October!!

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2011 01:09:57 pm
      Rubbish when he first came over - was impressive last year and playing better now but I wouldnt bother.

We have Coates and Kelly as young CB's ready to move in already - its a no from me.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2011 01:12:06 pm
      And so F***ing what.

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and F***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

And all this for some page filler in the F***ing mirror and it's only October!!

I rate Coloccini above Skrtel, Wilson & Coates, maybe even Kelly - so yes. I do think we need another central defender.

Stats don't lie and you're just being stubborn now. Coloccini is THE reason Newcastle have conceded next to no goals at home OR away. And who says he has the "occasional" good game? Every game he plays in he's an enigma in defence for them.

Ask any Newcastle fan, I bet they'd HATE to lose Coloccini.

Just because you take an aggressive attitude with everything, doesn't necessarily mean you're "F***ing" right.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2011 01:19:26 pm

That doesn't mean every Liverpool fan would LOVE to gain Coloccini.

Of course they'd be disappointed to lose, what possibly is, their best defender. But that doesn't mean he's good enough for us. Personally I don't think he is. He's an ok player who shines at Newcastle but I've seen plenty of players shine at lower class clubs and fail to succeed at this club.

Only reason I can see us buying him is the age of our defenders in Coates, Wilson and Kelly as well as the injury record of Agger which can, and often does, leave us short of an experienced Premiership proven center half. Coloccini would fit that bill but I'd still be nervous about him because I don't think he's that great and does have a tendency to go on a jolly up the field.

For big money I'd say no ta.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2011 01:21:22 pm
      I rate Coloccini above Skrtel, Wilson & Coates, maybe even Kelly - so yes. I do think we need another central defender.

Stats don't lie and you're just being stubborn now. Coloccini is THE reason Newcastle have conceded next to no goals at home OR away. And who says he has the "occasional" good game? Every game he plays in he's an enigma in defence for them.

Just because you take an aggressive attitude with everything, doesn't necessarily mean you're "F***ing" right.

Or maybe because I go every game I know you're talking F***ing sh*te when you say Coloccini is better then Skrtel and Kelly. I watched both Martin's recently, Aand they've been F***ing top class in our last few games, so you might be a mod, but you're talking our of your arse on this one.

I don't watch Newcastle, so i don't give a F**k how they are playing, I support Liverpool and my personal F***ing opinion is Coloccini isn't good enough for us.

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2011 01:22:09 pm
      Coloccini may be an actually good player (but may also be an average one in excellent form) anyway like Huyton I'd prefer to see Coates getting more matches, or Kelly being tried as CB, as they have the potential to become excellent ones.

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #14: Oct 28, 2011 01:23:03 pm
      I actually agree with Reslivo here.

I think Coloccini is a cracking player.

Would get into our first team, or be very close to one.

He's the heart of Newcastle's defense and they've conceded the least amount of goals in the league this season (I believe). He's partnered next to Stephen F***ing Taylor and keeps that defense rock solid and compact.

He's the captian of the team and the fans love him.

Although I don't think we should sign him. He's currently 29, he's the Newcastle captain and the fans love him. We would have to overpay to get him and he'll be on the decline soon.

If there was any player from from Newcastle, I'd want, it'd be either Tiote or Yohan Cabaye. They have one the best central midfield partnerships in the league.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Oct 28, 2011 01:25:27 pm

I don't watch Newcastle, so i don't give a F**k how they are playing, I support Liverpool and my personal F***ing opinion is Coloccini isn't good enough for us.

I know I'm about to be called a tw*t here by you.

But anyway, if you don't watch Newcastle play, how on earth can you have an accurate view on their players?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2011 01:29:06 pm
      That doesn't mean every Liverpool fan would LOVE to gain Coloccini.

Of course they'd be disappointed to lose, what possibly is, their best defender. But that doesn't mean he's good enough for us. Personally I don't think he is. He's an ok player who shines at Newcastle but I've seen plenty of players shine at lower class clubs and fail to succeed at this club.

Only reason I can see us buying him is the age of our defenders in Coates, Wilson and Kelly as well as the injury record of Agger which can, and often does, leave us short of an experienced Premiership proven center half. Coloccini would fit that bill but I'd still be nervous about him because I don't think he's that great and does have a tendency to go on a jolly up the field.

For big money I'd say no ta.
      For big money it's dead in the water, as posted earlier as back up maybe which should be reflected in the price but if they start talking silly money F**k it right off.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2011 01:31:14 pm
      For big money it's dead in the water, as posted earlier as back up maybe which should be reflected in the price but if they start talking silly money F**k it right off.

That's my attitude as well mate. Been stung enough times in the past by paying over the odds for players who aren't gonna make the grade.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2011 01:37:40 pm
      Hmmm well I definitely think we need a centre half. Don't want Coloccini myself though. He's good at Newcastle granted but at 29 he isn't really going to get better and I think he does need to go up a class to be good enough here.

Much rather go for another centre back.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:06 pm
      Looks far too like phil Tomo with his perm but only half the player no thanks.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:23 pm
      Biased and arrogant. What like the rest of the 12,000 kopites!

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and f***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

And all this for some page filler in the f***ing mirror and it's only October!!

agree with what you are saying and don't forget about Wisdom, he's got massive potential. Another CB signing would disrupt his progress in the First Team, because it won't be too long before he's playing with the Firsts.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:43 pm
      He's f***in sh*te, can't even get into an Argentine team with a horrible defense.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2011 01:40:30 pm
      He's f***in sh*te, can't even get into an Argentine team with a horrible defense.
      Bit naive to say that without considering his performances. Sturridge can't get in the England team with a sh*t strike force but is a class player. I don't think it would make sense signing him though as we already have younger and better options.

Quick Reply