Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (1.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (5.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (11.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (20%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (37.8%)
      Other
      (3.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.7%)

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 32420 times
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Re: LIVE: West Brom v Liverpool
      Reply #460: Oct 29, 2011 07:48:36 pm
      Great win, much needed 3 points. Good performance all round.

Thought the 'Troy' guy was a bit harsh on Downing, we don't involve him enough, he made a couple of runs in behind where Adam and Suarez bith chose to shoot rather than slip him in. Also i feel Enrique kills Downing's space when he is in possession forcing Downing to come inside a lot. Enrique just needs to pick and choose when to go forward or keep his position. A goal or 2 for Downing will see him grow in confidence, thought he was unlucky with his effort today.

Big pat on the back for Andy Carroll, starting to show glimpses of his worth!!

Still dont think Charlie Adam is up to scratch though, he is too slow. I find it hard to believe he was Blackpool's best player last year?

Bring on the next game  :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #461: Oct 29, 2011 07:49:50 pm
      Sorry peeps. I meant to put Andy but forgot.

Voted!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #462: Oct 29, 2011 07:51:15 pm
      I never used to say it was all Lucas's fault though mate, Mac red does with Adam. ;)

heh

Thought Adam picked it up well after having a pretty poor first half - stopped going for the glory ball, and picked his passes a lot better.

He still looked fu**ed after 65-70 mins though, and I have real concerns about his fitness and stamina - then again, maybe that helped him slow down a bit and pick his passes.
      decent 2nd half, poor first half, same with Downing.

Other than that we were pretty solid all round, and I'm really pleased for Hendo because I think that was about his best game for us.

For me, Skrtle and Agger have to start and Carra has to fight to get his place back.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #463: Oct 29, 2011 07:51:56 pm
      And lets be honest the Mascherano Lucas partnership was the most uncreative, unproductive midfield that has ever graced the Anfield turf.

Poulsen + AN Other.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #464: Oct 29, 2011 07:53:12 pm
      3 points always good to have.

Good prediction too.

Is it too much to ask for our team to wipe the floor with the opponents? I miss those days when we use to dump 5 goals on an opponent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #465: Oct 29, 2011 07:53:13 pm
      Adam, Lucas and Henderson looked solid defensively and created plenty of chances too . When you have two fullbacks like Enrique and Johnson you can have 3 central midfielders tightly packed in as they fullbacks get up and down allday long we had a fantastic balance in the side today.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #466: Oct 29, 2011 07:56:04 pm

Poulsen never had a full league campaign alongside someone, he only started 9 games.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #467: Oct 29, 2011 07:57:05 pm
      Looks like Suarez wins MOTM again ;D

I went for Dani Agger, I loved having him back. I like the way we build attacks from the back through him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #468: Oct 29, 2011 07:57:43 pm
      Poulsen never had a full league campaign alongside someone, he only started 9 games.

Only? I think 9 was more than enough :P
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #469: Oct 29, 2011 08:05:35 pm
      Couldn't pick my MOTM as no one player stood out tonight. West Brom gave us lots of room to play and it was like a training session most of the time and with them being so poor I really wanted us to open up and rip em apart but there was no real spark from us. You can do no more than beat what is in front of you I suppose, glad of the 3 points and good to see Andy getting his goal but we have to improve again. That all sounds like doom and gloom but I don't wish it to come out like that it's just my thoughts on how I saw the game.
      these are the games that have killed any chance we had of winning the league for years and a masterclass today in beating an avg team away and still people pick holes in the win and in players.
      If we beat the bottom 6 teams away from home thats a hell of a way to get up the league and challenge.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #470: Oct 29, 2011 08:07:45 pm
      Great game tonight.very pleased and chuffed with the lads brilliant game dominated again but took it steady fantastic ,and only 1 point off chelsea now
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #471: Oct 29, 2011 08:07:55 pm
      Lucas and Suarez were sensational, mention to for Johnson who was F***ing brilliant as well had a pass completition of a 100% in the first half. Enrique Agger Skrtel Carroll and Henderson had good games. Adam and especially Downing were poor
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #472: Oct 29, 2011 08:10:03 pm
      We played as a team, incomparable to twelve months ago. The only disappointment is that we didn't win by a scoreline like 6 0 that warranted the performance. However, I'm convinced that will come in the second half of the season. Not one team in that league I'm scared of.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #473: Oct 29, 2011 08:10:54 pm
      Good overall, they were poor yes but I felt we made them poor... Ok we didn't batter them but we played them out of the game...

Great to see Andy get his goal, thought he did pretty well overall, Lucas had a good game as did agger..

Not an easy place to come as some other clubs have found out but we made it look easy and that's good enough for me

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #474: Oct 29, 2011 08:12:55 pm
      Don't know if it's been mentioned before here, but the commentary was horribly biased, wasn't it?

The commentators were almost urging and willing the WBA players to score.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #475: Oct 29, 2011 08:13:41 pm
      Cant believe how bad West Brom are they could go down. Suarez makes nutmegs look easy
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #476: Oct 29, 2011 08:13:52 pm
      Have to say, that I agree with that to a certain extent, but still believe Downing will get better. Pity that hit the post, would have give him a bit more confidence.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #477: Oct 29, 2011 08:14:59 pm
      It wasnt WBA who played poorly we totally dominated the game.People slag of at least 1 player in a Liverpool team it was Lucas for a couple of seasons now its on a rotation basis of Carrol,Adam,Downing and Henderson. I turst Kenny and Steve Clarke and if Downing playing gives the side a better balance which it does and if him playing allows Enrique to get forward then he is worth his place in the team.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #478: Oct 29, 2011 08:15:52 pm
      West Brom gave us lots of room to play and it was like a training session most of the time and with them being so poor I really wanted us to open up and rip em apart. You can do no more than beat what is in front of you I suppose, glad of the 3 points and good to see Andy getting his goal but we have to improve again.

I agree on this, there was so much space and time. I was surprised they caved in after the 1st goal. It was by far our easiest game the season.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #479: Oct 29, 2011 08:16:08 pm
      Enrique has been brialiant today, looks more like a natural winger. Henderson has been pretty solid as well, covering for the back four and has grown in confidence. Disspointed with Adam, he's neither offering much going forward and in defence while Downing's crosses could have been better.  Suarez, as usual a handful for the opposition and he has got a hand in all the goals. Lucas is also brialliant today. If he had played further forward, he would have opened up their defence time and again his weighted passes. Andy has shown great improvement and very much involved in the game and he can only get better hereon. The back four were also brillaint, did not give away much. It's the final ball in the final third as well as our quality of shooting that needs immediate attention at the moment. So much positives that can be seen in this game.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #480: Oct 29, 2011 08:16:34 pm
      We played well as well walton no denying that but F**k me have you seen a poorer performance by a team at home in the premiership
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #481: Oct 29, 2011 08:20:04 pm
      No way, their managers a footballin' masterclass. Genius. (or so I'm told). Your not given us enough credit. 'You can only play as well as the other team lets ya'. You should know by now that Hodgson has no plan B. Once we took the lead, his defensive 'ten men behind the ball' strategy was out the winda.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #482: Oct 29, 2011 08:21:22 pm
      Not sure what some want I thought that was as good an away performance as you could wish for totally dominant at times WBA looked bewildered.Well done Kenny another away win.

Some people don't remember what it's like to make teams look poor.

Quick Reply