Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)

Read 124967 times
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Re: FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)
      Reply #1472: Dec 28, 2011 12:42:50 pm
      Can you give a source for the evidence ie Suarez using the term in question. Macca8 claimed there was no solid evidence;you dispute this so it would be good to read your evidence.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1473: Dec 28, 2011 01:13:36 pm
      Malaysians are F***ing retarded.

A small section in the papers saying Suarez is a racist and that by backing him (wearing the white t-shirts), Kenny and Liverpool are encouraging racism. WTF?

They are clueless.

Suarez SAID a word that is WIDELY used in Uruguay but not acceptable in England - that is an honest mistake but HE IS NOT RACIST.

Since majority of Malaysians call the European/Caucasians race "white people" (I have used it as well but I mainly stick to caucasian), does it mean we are all racist?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1474: Dec 28, 2011 01:49:20 pm
      Topic about Suarez being charged for his gesture to Fulham fans here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41771.0.html
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1475: Dec 28, 2011 02:45:55 pm
      I'm not going to post any links, but has anyone seen some of the stuff Jamie Kanwar has been writing on his site about Suarez and the club?  Take a look and see what you think. 

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1476: Dec 28, 2011 02:48:23 pm
      I'm not going to post any links, but has anyone seen some of the stuff Jamie Kanwar has been writing on his site about Suarez and the club?  Take a look and see what you think. 

He can be a Penis at times!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1477: Dec 28, 2011 02:57:25 pm
      Getting back to the eight game ban, maybe I'm just wrong, but racism/discrimination isn't solved by not mentioning the colour of one's skin, or not mentioning someones country of origin or their disability, it's solved when stating what are simple facts, can be done without being considered offensive or used as an insult.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1478: Dec 28, 2011 03:16:54 pm
      Can you give a source for the evidence ie Suarez using the term in question. Macca8 claimed there was no solid evidence;you dispute this so it would be good to read your evidence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/21/luis-suarez-racism-ban-media-reaction
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1479: Dec 28, 2011 04:04:56 pm
      He's a penis all the time.

Can I join the society of black lawyers? Thought not, RACISTS.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1480: Dec 28, 2011 04:38:37 pm
      Suárez, for his part, admitted to saying: 'Why, negro?' to Evra on one occasion after Evra said: 'Don't touch me, you South American.'
      That article quotes Suarez as saying the word "negro" but this may be nothing more than rumour. I know there is a rumour that Suarez admitted to using a word but I've not seen a decent source for where that rumour started.

The LFC official statement suggests that the commission only acted on Evra's word, not on Suarez's admission (if there was one)
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-20-12-11
      We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #1481: Dec 28, 2011 05:06:01 pm
      I've only recently heard that Louis admitted to useing the word Negro. Previously it was 'Negrito' as spoken in his native tongue. Have the self appointed character assasins, made up thier own mind as to what was said by way of thier own interpretation, or is that the assumed translation. It's wierd that the issue of stamping out racism in all walks of life, is to enforce the fact that we are all equall. Strangely enough, these sorts of issues, which get blown out of proportion to the extent that they are barely recognisable from the origional allegation, only reinforces the fact that we are not, after all, equall. Or at least we are not treated as such by the very people who are supposed to be policing the issue. I think there have been more racist issues aimed at Louis than there ever was at Evra, all created by the very inquiry supposedly opposed to racism.  Supposedly intelligent people, with no common sense or integrity.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1482: Dec 28, 2011 05:08:32 pm
      Just watching the BLACK knight on E4 (surely that cant be politicly correct?) ........Im sure the FA will be round to mine shortly to issue me with a fine and a ban from sunday league football!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1483: Dec 28, 2011 06:15:08 pm

Arf that little shitehawk wants to be a journo so bad, even he's using the 'victim card' sh*te.

Needs a F***ing kicking that pr**k.

Can we move the debate on please
      I hear it said all the time that there was no evidence - the evidence came from Suarez himself who seemingly admitted himself to using the term in question

And fair play to Tony Evans - one of the few Liverpool minded people willing to call Suarez out for being a f***in idiot

That would be a not so much English speaking f***in' idiot then?

And why hasn't Evra been charged with using the word 'Sudaca'? Oh yeah cos Suarez isn't a F***ing bi*ch, unlike that lying, french, at his rightful home, shithouse manc tw*t
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 06:31:18 pm by HUYTON RED »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1484: Dec 28, 2011 06:26:19 pm
      That F***ing ape Jamie fuckface is still around is he pretending to be a Liverpool fan so he can slate the club. That lad was backing Hicks and Gillette at the worst of the problems.

I See Suarez got another game ban for sticking his finger up at the fans, doesn't seem to be an offence though if you play for England cant think of any other reason Cole and Rooney got away with it
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1485: Dec 28, 2011 06:34:00 pm
      Malaysians are f**king retarded.

A small section in the papers saying Suarez is a racist and that by backing him (wearing the white t-shirts), Kenny and Liverpool are encouraging racism. WTF?

They are clueless.

Suarez SAID a word that is WIDELY used in Uruguay but not acceptable in England - that is an honest mistake but HE IS NOT RACIST.

Since majority of Malaysians call the European/Caucasians race "white people" (I have used it as well but I mainly stick to caucasian), does it mean we are all racist?
      Who are you calling Cock Asian. :)
      SoCalLFCChick
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #1486: Dec 28, 2011 06:34:55 pm
      I'm not going to dismiss the whole Suarez is a racist claim. If you think about it, under what circumstances does Suarez need to use the term "negro" or "negrito" while on the pitch? What need is there to address someone by their race when playing a game especially. If you have a problem with someone, then call them a motherf*****, not a "black" motherf*****. By him adding someones race into the equation points at a possible hint of hatred. I don't care where ever you come from in the world, that is disrespectful and can put people in the category of being ignorant and possibly racist.

I hope Suarez doesn't pull a J. Terry and start showing up in PR pics with black people all over the place, that just makes things worse and him seem desperate. Take his ban, learn from it, because next time he can't pull the "I didn't know because in my country it's okay" B.S. card.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1487: Dec 28, 2011 06:35:23 pm
      That f**king ape Jamie fuckface is still around is he pretending to be a Liverpool fan so he can slate the club. That lad was backing Hicks and Gillette at the worst of the problems.

I See Suarez got another game ban for sticking his finger up at the fans, doesn't seem to be an offence though if you play for England cant think of any other reason Cole and Rooney got away with it
      It is obvious why Cole and Rooney got away with it,they do not play for Liverpool Football Club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1488: Dec 28, 2011 06:38:34 pm
      I'm not going to dismiss the whole Suarez is a racist claim. If you think about it, under what circumstances does Suarez need to use the term "negro" or "negrito" while on the pitch? What need is there to address someone by their race when playing a game especially. If you have a problem with someone, then call them a motherf*****, not a "black" motherf*****. By him adding someones race into the equation points at a possible hint of hatred. I don't care where ever you come from in the world, that is disrespectful and can put people in the category of being ignorant and possibly racist.

I hope Suarez doesn't pull a J. Terry and start showing up in PR pics with black people all over the place, that just makes things worse and him seem desperate. Take his ban, learn from it, because next time he can't pull the "I didn't know because in my country it's okay" B.S. card.

So what Evra said to him initially is perfectly acceptable because he said it in Spanish?

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1489: Dec 28, 2011 06:39:51 pm
      Why should we feel empathy for evra, he tried this sh*t on Stevs Finnan some years ago and did manure fans feel empathy for Finnan ? nah i don"t think they did .Suarez was just declaring the obvious , he is small and black and a man.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #1490: Dec 28, 2011 06:56:53 pm
      Why should we feel empathy for evra, he tried this sh*t on Stevs Finnan some years ago and did manure fans feel empathy for Finnan ? nah i don"t think they did .Suarez was just declaring the obvious , he is small and black and a man.

Actually that wasn't Evra who made the complaint, it was the deaf Man Utd supporters association that made the complaint against Finnan.

They claimed they lipread what Finnan said!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4844 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1491: Dec 28, 2011 07:13:43 pm
      I'm not going to dismiss the whole Suarez is a racist claim.
      Then I strongly suggest you go and do some research before posting such ridiculous remarks. Evra and The FA have both stated that they don't think he is racist.

He doesn't need too as he has already done work (by choice and without any agenda) that shows quite clearly that he is not racist long before this fiasco kicked off. He hasn't bleated about it too much to be honest but I done a little research and found this out.

Here is just one that I found:

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi3350896409/

Alls I ask is that people do research on the two guys involved and see what you come back with regarding previous cases and do not listen to the media as it is so, so biased on this it's untrue. Then do some research on the case and present your own opinions and not that of the media's. If you can't do that then don't post at all.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1492: Dec 28, 2011 07:15:36 pm
      Actually that wasn't Evra who made the complaint, it was the deaf Man Utd supporters association that made the complaint against Finnan.

They claimed they lipread what Finnan said!!
      That"s right HR they were watching the match on telly and complained to their association, Old Trafford made no comment or apology for their fans scurrilous accusations .
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1493: Dec 28, 2011 07:24:02 pm
      Yes, but during the hearing about the case with Finnan the FA reported

"we find Mr Evra’s account exaggerated and unreliable."

They now take Evra's word over Suarez according to the LFC statement.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1494: Dec 28, 2011 07:29:03 pm
      Yes, but during the hearing about the case with Finnan the FA reported

"we find Mr Evra’s account exaggerated and unreliable."

They now take Evra's word over Suarez according to the LFC statement.
      I wasn"t sure if that had been said in the Finnan case or the Stamford bridge fiasco , he"s told so much lies now he has me in a muddle.

Quick Reply