Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (7.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (26.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (18.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (3.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (14.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (4.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (9.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1.5%)

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 45340 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #690: Dec 06, 2011 07:09:43 am
      Never a sending off in a million years. If you want to see what the Fulham players thought of it go back and watch it again and look at the Fulham players.  Id actually go as far as saying it wasn't even a free kick.  He did not go in with two feet

Couldn't sleep till gone 1am coz I was so angry and still fuming this morning. Never even a foul. I can't believe Kenny wasn't more demonstative in his interview after the game and i'll be bewildered if the club don't appeal the decision. He shouldn't banned for even one game let alone three. It completely turned the game, we had been well on top the previous 10 minutes and were really turning the screw at that time. We would have gone on to win the game i think.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #691: Dec 06, 2011 07:14:00 am
      Maybe a not so great performance in comparison of the last few games but it should have been enough to win it, Fulham was really slow in his game, lacking fast passing,etc... They had a few occasions around the box during first half but that was almost all. We had few occasions too during this half but the lack of luck and Schwarzer's hands denied us a goal.
      Second half was more intense, we had a quite good start when we started to put Fulham under pressure but again we missed that little thing/inches/luck to get a goal in. Then we come to the red card, on the replay i think Spearing goes for it at a 100% but it also looks like he is kind of slidding too much or involontarily which looks like spectacular but that's all, and he had the ball clear. A yellow maybe but a red is a rushed and naive decision.
      After that Fulham started to show a bit more but that wasn't very different of the first half until the goal,  Pepe had very few things to do in this game: he made some good saves and except the hit on the bar wasn't really in danger, he made one "mistake" and thats the one that gives a goal, we were pissed but i'm sure it was 1000 times less than Pepe but it was a"murphy's law" end of 2nd half: "When something can go wrong..."
      Not a bad game from us i think but just a lack of luck/stronger impact/realism in the box and a very weak performance by the ref.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #692: Dec 06, 2011 07:46:35 am
      I think we played a decent game and really thought we'd get the winner... until the referee thought otherwise. That was maybe not even a yellow! f*cking hell!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #693: Dec 06, 2011 08:04:03 am
      We did well enough to have gathered all three points but once again, our failure to take our chances and the lack of fortune cost us.

I'm not going to put any blame on the referee because good teams don't look at referee to win games. Fair enough, their decisions can sometimes change the outcome of a match but Liverpool should be winning games regardless.

Played well at times of the game, hit bar/post, failure to convert chances, opponents get a goal via our mistakes - story of our season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #694: Dec 06, 2011 08:13:08 am
      We did well enough to have gathered all three points but once again, our failure to take our chances and the lack of fortune cost us.

I'm not going to put any blame on the referee because good teams don't look at referee to win games. Fair enough, their decisions can sometimes change the outcome of a match but Liverpool should be winning games regardless.

Played well at times of the game, hit bar/post, failure to convert chances, opponents get a goal via our mistakes - story of our season.

I agree mate. It is up to us to win games even when refs make it very difficult. I was fuming last night at the decision but we should have had the game won long before the sending off.

Sadly I think we need to admit that Carroll and Suarez just aren't going to get us enough goals and we will have to find them elsewhere, either with other players scoring more often or by bringing in a clinical striker to add to our options. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #695: Dec 06, 2011 08:28:06 am
      And on a side note, Suarez was played ONSIDE by Hangeland's right foot when he scored that Messi-esque goal.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #696: Dec 06, 2011 08:33:15 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8937265/Luis-Suarez-involved-in-further-Liverpool-controversy-after-finger-gesture-aimed-at-Fulham-fans-after-defeat.html

Luis Suarez involved in further Liverpool controversy after finger gesture aimed at Fulham fans after defeat
      Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is at the centre of controversy again after being seen making a gesture at supporters following last night's defeat at Craven Cottage.

By Mike McGrath

7:00AM GMT 06 Dec 2011

The Uruguay international had been taunted by Fulham fans after referee Kevin Friend did not award him a penalty when he went over after a challenge by Brede Hangeland in the second half.

The Football Association are already looking at allegations he racially abused Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender, earlier this season and may now look at footage as players walked to the tunnel after the final whistle.

Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, has not seen the pictures of his player but described the treatment of Suarez as "scandalous".

He added: "We'll look after Luis as best we can, and I think it's about time he got a bit of protection from some people.

"His integrity is impeccable.
      He can look in the mirror and go to bed at night and sleep soundly.
      If other people can do that then fine.
      All we ask is to be fair, is to be honest."

Liverpool were at the receiving end of Friend's ( Ed: No Friend of ours ! )  decision during a 1-0 defeat, settled by Clint Dempsey's winner five minutes from full-time.

Suarez had a goal disallowed for offside, then the match turned when Jay Spearing was given a straight red card for a wild tackle on Mousa Dembele 18 minutes from full-time.

Dalglish refused to criticise the referee for the decision but added: "You need to ask the referee what their interpretation is. What the level of acceptance is.

"Jay never had another thought in his mind but to win the ball, and he did win it. As long as their consistent, it's not a problem. But I don't think we were going to get anything tonight, were we?"

Fulham manager Martin Jol said: "Maybe when I was playing in England it was a great tackle. But his ankle was there. You have to be honest about it, I saw it from three angles and it was a bad one. He could have broken his ankle. I think it was a sending off."

Liverpool also felt Philippe Senderos could have been dismissed for two bookings, after earlier receiving a yellow card for bringing down Charlie Adam on the edge of the area.

"We had more space and time on the ball after the sending off," admitted Dempsey. "We opened the up a but and we got a goal which is great because it's been frustrating for us recently."

Dalglish confirmed that the club will consider appealing Spearing's red card.

"I'm sure we've had the rub of the green in previous games. But not tonight. And we certainly deserved something," he said.

"Jay will be upset, obviously. But we will look at it and see if it's worth while appealing for."

He added: "The goal that Luis scored, Charlie could have had a penalty. We played well enough to have won the game.

"We've just got to brush ourselves down and get on with it and get ready for QPR on Saturday."

My six year old gives his Dad   The Finger   all the time. ;D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #697: Dec 06, 2011 08:36:12 am
      Yes, I was not happy with the ref but we played well enough to win.

One thing I don't understand from the King is why doesn't he play Maxi? When he played him twice he got us two goals. Why not start/bring him on yesterday? Someone needs to ask the King that question. It doesn't make sense since our forwards are not scoring the goals and the one person who is scoring the goals is left on the bench.

I love the King but he certainly doesn't make certain good decisions.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #698: Dec 06, 2011 08:43:11 am
      Story of our season so far. We have had 1 bad game away and at home and played very well in the rest, we never get what we deserve and struggle to put teams away. Lets hope we click in the second half of the season like we did towards the end of last.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #699: Dec 06, 2011 08:49:56 am
      I believe the reasoning behind not playing Maxi is because he's on his way at the end of the year and Kenny wants to build a team for now and in the future so he's hoping the guys who are gonna be at the club for a long time can develop a partnership and understanding with team-mates which will see us develop into a true force quicker.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #700: Dec 06, 2011 08:50:14 am
      I had to work last night and therefore missed the game. I can't comment but will take a bit of time to read a number of posters thoughts on the game. So far, from what I've gleaned, we were a bit unlucky with some refereeing decisions but as per usual our finishing was well below the standard required.

Hopefully there'll be lessons learned and sometimes they need to be learned the hard way.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #701: Dec 06, 2011 08:52:49 am
      Could there be a remote possibility that officials have a more biased agenda when there is the underdog ingredient?
      vix
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #702: Dec 06, 2011 09:00:07 am
      Im a bit concerned to be honest. We are not scoring enough goals despite lots of pressure and now the holding midfield role is becoming an issue. What with no Steve, I just hope we don't emplod
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #703: Dec 06, 2011 09:17:33 am
      I believe the reasoning behind not playing Maxi is because he's on his way at the end of the year and Kenny wants to build a team for now and in the future so he's hoping the guys who are gonna be at the club for a long time can develop a partnership and understanding with team-mates which will see us develop into a true force quicker.
      Is this fact or just conjecture about Maxi.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #704: Dec 06, 2011 09:18:23 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #705: Dec 06, 2011 09:19:42 am

I think most of us know Maxi is off. However, at the minute he is still our player and getting paid for us to do a job and he should be playing if possible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #706: Dec 06, 2011 09:23:51 am
      Missed the game last night but it appears we once again failed to take our chances and ended up getting nothing from the game, its going to be a rough month for us in terms of fixtures, I just hope during this period our strikers can start finding some goal scoring form and start putting teams to the sword.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #707: Dec 06, 2011 09:29:24 am
      I thought Henderson had scored, when his shot hit the post, did anyone else think the same, still the story of our season so far. Need to pull out a big performance against QPR on Saturday, to get back on track.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #708: Dec 06, 2011 09:30:02 am
      Missed the game last night but it appears we once again failed to take our chances

Plenty of possession, plenty of pressure at times.  We had chances - but I wouldn't say any stand out as clear cut.  And by clear cut I mean - how the F**k did he miss that.  Just wasn't that kind of game really.

Couple of times Bellamy was in a great position but the ball wasn't fed to him, or was overhit.  Their goal was typically from an error.

Agree about December.  I think we are going to need 4 wins out of our next 5 minimum now. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #709: Dec 06, 2011 09:31:48 am

that was ridicilous, and the ref was watching the whole thing yards away, dempsey the gobsh!te should have got a yellow card. the ref was very poor and we had bad decisions all over the pitch. i think poor refereeing should result in lack of appearances and demotions and it should be publicised. we'll see utterly imcompetent d!ckheads like this disappearing off the face of the earth very quickly.

still, spearing shouldn't have taken the chance with raised studs, he knows the rules. and at the end of the day, if you don't take your chances in front of goal, you will get punished.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #710: Dec 06, 2011 09:33:00 am
      dempsey the gobsh!te should have got a yellow card

He did get a yellow card.

Thought Bellamy did well not to knock the turd out.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: Dec 06, 2011 09:33:27 am
      Plenty of possession, plenty of pressure at times.  We had chances - but I wouldn't say any stand out as clear cut.  And by clear cut I mean - how the F**k did he miss that.  Just wasn't that kind of game really.

Cheers for clearing that up JD, I was just drawing my conclusions from comments in here, I've set it to record on lfc tv later, so I'll have a watch of it later tonight.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #712: Dec 06, 2011 09:35:41 am

How the F**k did Bellamy get booked for that?

Quick Reply