Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool FC Strike Force

Read 13416 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool FC Strike Force
      Reply #92: Dec 08, 2011 09:52:50 pm
      Ive seen loads of balls in the box and Carroll no where near the ball.  He really has to start attacking the ball and stop looking so flat footed
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #93: Dec 08, 2011 10:02:00 pm
      Ive seen loads of balls in the box and Carroll no where near the ball.  He really has to start attacking the ball and stop looking so flat footed
      totally see where your coming from but if he can find that form he hsd for the magpies over a couple of games then he will only get stronger surely. im not giving up on him yet just want the lad to find his happy feet and start to flurish. also cut his bloody hair ;D.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #94: Dec 09, 2011 04:56:27 pm
      That's spot on as well. Take a look at the 'Top Scorer Chart' and you will see the problem.

• Tottenham have got 4 players contributing 24 goals.

So if you haven't got City's money you get strikers who can score.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Dec 09, 2011 05:00:25 pm
      Adebayor on loan was a great bit of business by redknapp
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #96: Dec 09, 2011 05:07:31 pm
      We definitely need an extra striker but unless he can come in and score 20 league goals a season dont bother.What about Sterling how is he progressing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #97: Dec 09, 2011 05:10:07 pm
      Ain't a striker walton heard his progress has stalled at the moment he is still only 16 though
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #98: Dec 10, 2011 01:26:27 pm
      Andy did perform well at Newcastle. Suarez did perform excellent...well everywere else but in Liverpool...anyone getting the feeling the problem isnt with this two...? Proper support, proper function in the team and the goals will start pouring.

To be honest, i think that even the original(and better) Ronaldo could struggle to find net in the current Liverpool lineup (could)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #99: Dec 10, 2011 01:28:48 pm
      We cannot rely on the strikers alone, the midfield need more goals. I for one am ok with the strikers we have but would love to see a WORLD class midfielder come in. If we really want that top four spot we need to spend again, of that there is no doubt.
      This all day. The main problem isnt with the forwards
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #100: Dec 10, 2011 01:37:14 pm
      Stuart Downing is going to get his 1st today.....Just remember you heard it here first!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #101: Dec 10, 2011 07:33:04 pm
      We cannot rely on the strikers alone, the midfield need more goals. I for one am ok with the strikers we have but would love to see a WORLD class midfielder come in. If we really want that top four spot we need to spend again, of that there is no doubt.
      That may be but first of all our strikers HAVE to score
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #102: Dec 11, 2011 12:54:34 am
      I love Andy but unfortunately I just don't believe that he suits the style of play that Kenny is breeding into the squad.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #103: Dec 11, 2011 01:02:57 am
      Main problem may not be with the forwards but they have still missed too many, especially Suarez.

And at the end of the day, strikers are still judged on their goals.

Having said that, I don't exactly view Suarez as a forward (contradicting my first sentence!) but more as that creator behind the striker.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #104: Dec 11, 2011 02:25:36 am
      Off the top of my head i cant think of anyone we could buy in Jan that will sort out our lack of goals. We'll just have to do with what we have untill next summer. We defo need a goalscorer but who?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #105: Dec 11, 2011 03:06:27 am
      Off the top of my head i cant think of anyone we could buy in Jan that will sort out our lack of goals. We'll just have to do with what we have untill next summer. We defo need a goalscorer but who?
      Well you hardly know all the players in the world plenty of goalscorers out there look at Hernandez at United i'm sure our scouts have targets it's up to Kenny and FSG to make the call.

But in saying that we'v been so unlucky,the amount of times we hit the post,test the keeper,have keepers win MoM at Anfieldi have faith it's all gonna come good :)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #106: Dec 11, 2011 05:15:00 am
      Andy did perform well at Newcastle. Suarez did perform excellent...well everywere else but in Liverpool...anyone getting the feeling the problem isnt with this two...? Proper support, proper function in the team and the goals will start pouring.

To be honest, i think that even the original(and better) Ronaldo could struggle to find net in the current Liverpool lineup (could)
      I think so mate.
      It's true if Andy or our players having a bit more composure or clinical then we could see more goals so far. But I rather consider the better we manage in the box also one big factor, I mean ...
       - We need more players in opponent's box so that for them to open space and opportunities of scoring.
         I have no stats but I will say our midfield players do not enough pulling opponent's defenders while everyone know Andy's not great mobility so put him alone with two or three opponents he's hardly score goal.
       - When attacking corner or free kick, I often see only 2 or 3 our player in the box. Whereas the like of manutd always having 4 or 5.

Also we miss Gerrard who's great blasting the ball from outside the box, Adam maybe can compensate and hope he do better and better. Jonjo Shelvey and Henderson also capable to score from long ball hope they have instruct to lurk outside the box for the bounce ball.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,481 posts | 2863 
      Reply #107: Dec 11, 2011 12:53:56 pm
      If we don't sign anyone I'd look to play Suarez and Gerrard up top, when Suarez drifts out wide Gerrard can play central and try and convert the chances, he's a good finisher after all.

Because if I'm honest, it's highly unlikely that we'll be able to sign a top class striker in January, not unless we overpay by a fair bit (Suarez was an exception), but who knows maybe FSG really want top four this season and will give Kenny a lot of money next month.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #108: Dec 11, 2011 03:58:39 pm
      Anyone think playing Gerrard in the role that Van Der Vaart plays for Spurs and Suarez were Adebayor plays would work?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #109: Dec 12, 2011 01:16:40 am
      Suarez and Carroll up top. Maxi and Bellars supporting from the flanks. Awesome.  Let Carroll have a run of games, suarez and Carroll will work against some sides. Kenny needs to be brave enough to say This isn't working, when it obviously isn't, and make the changes early. When it is working, let ot run.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #110: Dec 12, 2011 08:12:53 am
      Anyone think playing Gerrard in the role that Van Der Vaart plays for Spurs and Suarez were Adebayor plays would work?

I still don't think so. Suarez looks as though he's more the creator type of player. We need someone who is always there at the right place at the right time when Suarez or anyone else "creates" the chance and can also create his own opportunities and unfortunately, I don't see Carroll as that player either.

EDIT

Just so, we've only won less than 50% of our matches this season and that's a pathetic stat for a team like Liverpool. It's more pathetic that teams like Norwich, Blackburn and Bolton (both at the bottom) have scored more goals than us. We've only average like a goal a game!

The finishing has really cost us dearly.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2011 08:27:06 am by Adryan »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #111: Dec 13, 2011 10:42:52 pm
      It's clear our lack of goals is costing us points. We deffo need a poacher. Suarez creates good oportunities for supporting players but often lays a poor pass at the death. He needs to improve his lay offs in and around the box. We also need a Carlos Tevez type player alsong side him, mabey Eden Hazard in January. That would be a terrific belated Christmas present for me. Need to get through December first though, I think slapping 5 or 6 past Villa would do the confidence in  front of goal some good as well.

Quick Reply