Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your Man of the Match award?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (15.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (32.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (5.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (36.5%)

Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!

Read 39712 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!
      Reply #391: Dec 10, 2011 05:50:54 pm
      Kenny has to be worried how we let QPR back into the game though
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #392: Dec 10, 2011 05:55:17 pm

To be fair, he's probably equally worried that we've dominated similar opposition at home twice already this season and only come away with a point each time, he made sure that didn't happen today.  Progress.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #393: Dec 10, 2011 05:59:33 pm
      To be fair, he's probably equally worried that we've dominated similar opposition at home twice already this season and only come away with a point each time, he made sure that didn't happen today.  Progress.

3 points is always progress mate, we are still missing way to many chances, and dropping off in games from the 70th minute on at home, maybe it is a confidence thing
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #394: Dec 10, 2011 05:59:34 pm
      Im just waiting for the day when a Keeper comes to Anfield and has an absolute howler. I mean literally fumbling every shot, hitting his backside and rolling over the line, stuff like that.

Has to be one on the cards some time soon surely. Apparently luck evens itself out over the season, if so we have a f**king lot to look forward too.

Didn't we have another two efforts off the woodwork today? If the league table was based on that we'd be long gone!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #395: Dec 10, 2011 06:00:51 pm
      The save from maxi for his second last chance was world class
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #396: Dec 10, 2011 06:01:50 pm
      Happy for the win. Hope to see more of Jonjo play as I think he's a player who looking for chance to shoot at goal and we need goals from midfield. I'm specially love footballer who looking to score goal, that's we seem to miss if Lucas play (Lucas's our good player no doubt but if he can score some goals or make more frequently shoot it really help the team, hope he now have a lot of time for shooting training :D)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #397: Dec 10, 2011 06:03:04 pm

Im extremely worried about this too. A better team would've punished us. I thi nk it was a combination of not having a defensive midfielder and not having a ball player in the middle to keep possession.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #398: Dec 10, 2011 06:03:35 pm
      Keepers always have good games against us, such bs!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #399: Dec 10, 2011 06:09:31 pm
      Im just waiting for the day when a Keeper comes to Anfield and has an absolute howler. I mean literally fumbling every shot, hitting his backside and rolling over the line, stuff like that.

Has to be one on the cards some time soon surely. Apparently luck evens itself out over the season, if so we have a f**king lot to look forward too.

Didn't we have another two efforts off the woodwork today? If the league table was based on that we'd be long gone!

The only howler performance that springs to mind recently is Ben Foster for Birmingham last April, he didn't even last the game. He was terrible that day, since then all visiting goalies have been putting some fairy dust on their Weetabix.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #400: Dec 10, 2011 06:19:21 pm
      But surely away keepers cannot be shown to be awesome unless we are peppering their goal.

So some positives there.

Put in a bid for Drogba in January
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011 06:49:46 pm by Rush »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #401: Dec 10, 2011 06:35:32 pm
      Just back from the match.  Very happy with the 3 points.  Suarez was solid in the first half - a couple of great created chances (that won't included in the shots on target) but nobody quite on the end of them.  Considering we didn't have the holding midfielder we have operated with all season, I thought the players did well to adapt to a new formation.

QPR didn't pose much of a threat, came slightly back in to it as Rodriguez, Adam and Downing all seemed to fade at about 65 minutes.

Special mention to both Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel who continue to impress me - gave my MOTM to Skrtel who was the epitomy of calm and played some magnificent forward balls bypassing QPR's midfield.

Jury remains well and truly out on Downing for me.  Doesn't chase balls he could get, at times far to wary to go past people and power in to the box when he has the chance.

A freezing cold Anfield - but 3 points definitely warmed me up.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #402: Dec 10, 2011 06:54:28 pm
      I wouldn't go down the route of saying you like Warnock rush with his previous run ins with the club

Neither would I mate, God knows you'll have all and sundry foaming at the mouth if you dare to say that.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #403: Dec 10, 2011 06:54:44 pm
      We won and kept a clean sheet! Happy days for me then. Unfortunately I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning (7am start here) and shut my eyes at half time and unfortunately didn't hear my phone reminder so i missed the second half. Little pissed at myself about that, but I'll catch up on it later.

Tell ya what, twitter felt like a loss. Some right depressing cu*ts on there at times!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #404: Dec 10, 2011 07:05:09 pm
      Post match phew? who wrote that then?

Anyway it's a similar story again today, lots of chances but no major breakthoughs (apart from the goal) and it's nice to be able to put Shelvey on as a late sub rather than starting him.  I caught a bit of Warnock' post match and was astonished to hear him give Suarez some love, fair play and all but you'd think the richest club in the world could have fielded a stronger side!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #405: Dec 10, 2011 07:05:27 pm
      Just back from the match.  Very happy with the 3 points.  Suarez was solid in the first half - a couple of great created chances (that won't included in the shots on target) but nobody quite on the end of them.  Considering we didn't have the holding midfielder we have operated with all season, I thought the players did well to adapt to a new formation.

QPR didn't pose much of a threat, came slightly back in to it as Rodriguez, Adam and Downing all seemed to fade at about 65 minutes.

Special mention to both Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel who continue to impress me - gave my MOTM to Skrtel who was the epitomy of calm and played some magnificent forward balls bypassing QPR's midfield.

Jury remains well and truly out on Downing for me.  Doesn't chase balls he could get, at times far to wary to go past people and power in to the box when he has the chance.

A freezing cold Anfield - but 3 points definitely warmed me up.
      Have a read back at the first half comments on here about luis quite fcking shocking if i am honest , and begs the question what do some people really watch, we have a truly world class player in our midst and he was getting pelters before half time.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #406: Dec 10, 2011 07:07:55 pm
      Have a read back at the first half comments on here about luis quite fcking shocking if i am honest , and begs the question what do some people really watch, we have a truly world class player in our midst and he was getting pelters before half time.

Yes one or two supporters have got strange ideas about some of our players.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #407: Dec 10, 2011 07:24:32 pm
      Great result but a little nail biteing the last 15 min
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #408: Dec 10, 2011 07:32:33 pm
      Some people make me laugh and don't want to give credit where it's due. Adam absolutely ran the show for most of the match, I've not been his biggest fan but he's clearly putting the effort in as he looked quicker, fitter and a boss in the middle of the park again today. His recent performances have been superb, yes he's still tailing off a bit near the end but it's not just a 1 half performance now it is around the 70min mark after dominating completely. On another day we could of won by 5 or 6 today and that has to be addressed but it's harder to score goals when you aren't creating chances and we created lots of them today. Thought Suarez stood out like a sore thumb when it came to quality and was given nothing by the ref again but his spirits never dropped and absolutely love the bloke, deserved his goal. Downing was ok first half, disappeared a bit second and rightly subbed, Maxi looked hungry and his movement was complimenting the team shape with Dirk too, a little more quality there and we'd be winning by massive margins. Hendo I thought was ok without ever looking threatening and is too easily brushed aside, plus too concerned about his damn hair rather than the match, think I'm biased and see the worst in him as some claim he had a decent match, I didn't see it. Skrtel was immense, him, Charlie and Suarez were head and shoulders above the rest but I was happy with how we played and can't blame the lads being nervous last 10mins considering our recent home form. Well in lads, must win and we did, in the bag!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #409: Dec 10, 2011 07:44:57 pm
      Think Adam and Johnston were good today,kuyt worked his socks off as usual,think he is getting on a bit some good stats about todays game
      It's great to get the 3 points. I'm well happy with that. Very good performance too . But i'm gonna have a bit of a moan about wasted chances in front of goal again. How much longer will it go on for? It could have been costly again there today. I praised Maxi for his finishing skills during the week and he goes and fluffs his lines 3 times today!!! I put the mockers on him!! ;D

Moan over. I am delighted with the 3 points. My man of the match was Glenn

Anfield Index
      Most Accurate Passer: Maxi - 93% |
      Most Passes Attempted: Adam - 71 |
      Most Chances created: Kuyt - 6 |
      Most Ground Duels: Adam - 20

Anfield Index
      #LFC 1 #QPR 0 : FT Stats
      Possession%: 61.9 - 38.1 |
      Pass Accuracy%: 82 - 71 |
      Crosses: 30 - 14 |
      Tackles Won: 5/6 - 16/22
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #410: Dec 10, 2011 07:47:38 pm
      I thought Charlie Adam ran the show.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #411: Dec 10, 2011 07:55:50 pm
      Adam, Suarez and Enrique,all played well Downing was shocking
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #412: Dec 10, 2011 07:56:41 pm
      I think Anfield is for keepers :). If you know what I mean.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #413: Dec 10, 2011 08:09:40 pm
      Gave MOTM to Adam - had a good game today.

Still needs to work on his defence, and faded again, but I thought this was about his best game for us considering his midfield partner.

Quick Reply