Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your Man of the Match award?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (15.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (32.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (5.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (36.5%)

Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!

Read 39300 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!
      Reply #414: Dec 10, 2011 08:34:36 pm
      I had a great time at the match, meeting up with Redkenny, MsGerrard, Brain78 and El Bartez was a pleasure in itself !

We were much better in the first half, but second half we got the all important goal early then dropped off.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #415: Dec 10, 2011 08:51:40 pm
      3 Points in the bag, and a clean sheet. A lot of wasted chances that I hope we'll have a look at in the Jan transfer window, other than that, I'm chuffed.

We walk on.

:scarf:

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #416: Dec 10, 2011 09:03:07 pm
      The performance was dominating the football fast and flowing the finishing awful. Dont know what to say about it other than its spoiling some very dominant dispalys.I have criticised Luis for having his head down and not seeing the play but It hought secong half he was wonderful. Charlie once again was a rock steady consistent and creative just dont get why people dont see that.
      SOme said we were over run for a while well guess what when a team is 1-0 down with 20 mins to go they tend to throiw caution to the wind a bit so we where under pressure it is expected in that situation but we handled it well  so a good 3 points and the fixtures are there for us to catch up a bit over Christmas if we take the opportunity.
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #417: Dec 10, 2011 09:04:59 pm
        Did I watch a different match today?I thought Maxi put in a fine shift today;when KK was getting ready to do the sub,actually thought it would be Kuyt coming off.Actually,Kuyt did look better in the 2nd half tho.
        If not him,MOTM for me would be Charlie Adam.If Adam had Lucas next to him today,I'm sure the QPR keeper wouldn't have been able to keep up with the amount of shots coming at him.Adam played a good game.
        The defense was solid;the centre backs clicking better every match.Carra sitting on the bench must be looking over every move they make and at Melwood next week,throw in his two cents worth of imput that these 2 must be listening to.Stay another 2 seasons at least Carra;want you to keep onto Kelly too.
        A fine performance by the team today,gents.Sure we wanted 5 goals,but it just seems the f*****g woodwork(keeper pushed shot onto upright and WrightPhillips 'shot' makes about 14(?) strikes this season)and the fact that keepers have been having immense games at Anfield just leave us talking about shoulda's and coulda's.
         Anyone that wants to be negative after we do get 3 points....well,f*** mate,give it a f******g break!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6793 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #418: Dec 10, 2011 09:23:41 pm
      3 points in the kitty.

Another game where the oppo keeper comes to Anfield and plays probably the game of his life.

Oh well this time we got 1 past him and that's what matters the most.

Gutted Maxi didn't get a hat-trick. His link up play with Luis was superb. Hope he stays in the starting line up for many games to come.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #419: Dec 10, 2011 09:30:47 pm
      I felt everyone played well to be honest, apart from their finishing.

Suarez and Maxi linked up brilliantly.

Adam was awesome as well.

Also one of Downing's better games, IMO.

In the first half especially, we were great going forward. Just the finishing was very poor. Should have buried the game by the 30th minute or so.

Happy with the three points but our performance in front of goal is abysmal.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #420: Dec 10, 2011 09:51:19 pm
      Adam, Suarez and Enrique,all played well Downing was shocking
      Did you watch the match? 
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,936 posts | 284 
      Reply #421: Dec 10, 2011 10:02:14 pm
      Thought Maxi's movement was fantastic today. Downing looked a lot brighter on the right. Another clean sheet for the Agger/Skrtel combo...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #422: Dec 10, 2011 10:05:48 pm

Maybe he meant shockingly much better than in previous games :laugh:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #423: Dec 10, 2011 10:07:06 pm
       I thought Maxi played well and with a bit of luck could of got 3 goals,it is good to see the effort the lad puts in.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #424: Dec 10, 2011 10:10:55 pm
      Kenny has to be worried how we let QPR back into the game though

I dont think Kenny needs to worry about anything i watch it  from start to finish and possesion ,corners , atempts allround we hammered them . We didnt let them back into the game at all everyteam will throw everything at it thats football but if it wasnt for Curvey then it would have been a cricket score ,he was Awesome!
                          All round it was a great effort from everyone Adam filled in well when Agger went forward and Downing put in a good shift but Suarez wasthe man in the red shirt for me!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,384 posts | 1542 
      Reply #425: Dec 10, 2011 10:16:48 pm
      I've not seen or listened to todays match, but reading this, it seems we once again dominated the game and yet still couldn't finish the chances we created. Good to hear Adam had a good game as he's not my favourite player but credit where credits due. Also, Skrttle and Agger looking solid once again. It's nice to see Jonjo back, hope he can score a few like he did for Blackpool. We have got what we've got and unless they improve vastly in front of goal, let's hope Kenny can land Hazard in Jan. A win is a win even if it should have been a more convincing score line. That'll do for me every game, play well and get the 1 - 0, it's when we play well and get beat or draw that stumps me, especially against mid table oppo. 3 points and on then, a better outcome than Fullham. Let's get a good run going again, and get some goals. I'll watch MOTD now and mabey select a motm from that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #426: Dec 10, 2011 10:17:46 pm
      I missed the game due to work but delighted to get the win.

Just hoping for some decent highlights on MOTD now to see how we played.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #427: Dec 10, 2011 10:22:41 pm
      I think we were definitely the better side for majority of the game but we really need to be finishing teams off in the first half because when it's only 1-0 in the last 10 minutes, it gets really nervy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #428: Dec 10, 2011 10:26:18 pm
      I think we were definitely the better side for majority of the game but we really need to be finishing teams off in the first half because when it's only 1-0 in the last 10 minutes, it gets really nervy.
      Now you know how Pepe Reina feels,he must have nerves of steel.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #429: Dec 10, 2011 10:40:35 pm
      i thought we played well and i'm proud of our players. especially suarez, he's had so much preassure and yet he comes out and gives it all time and time again. shows what a strong character he is.

finishing is a problem and the only issue i might have is that in the second hald we took our foot off the gas and allowed a sh*t team to enjoy posession. but still, i'm always extatic when we win. well done boys.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #430: Dec 10, 2011 10:44:57 pm
      Just watching the game on Sky, Maxi is so influential up top and plays with an epic grace I hope he stays with us for many years. I don't think thre formation will stick though, too exposed imo if we played a full strength QPR i think it may have been a right mess! Still we can't fault the goal hunts in this game, we just need to be more thorough.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #431: Dec 10, 2011 11:21:00 pm
      random question, what's the criteria for showing games on match of the day? official criteria is its decided on talking points of the day but we seem to come on later and later. am i a conspiray theorist? :)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #432: Dec 10, 2011 11:26:03 pm
      Post-match phew?

Someone just took a piss right there. Hardly a "phew!"; more like "victory".
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #433: Dec 10, 2011 11:51:16 pm
      Just watched the highlights. We looked good. Maxi proved himself again for me. Needs to be given a good run in the team, in my opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #434: Dec 11, 2011 12:09:36 am
      Just watched the highlights. We looked good. Maxi proved himself again for me. Needs to be given a good run in the team, in my opinion.

We did look good in the highlights and Downing also seemed to be involved a lot in our attacking play.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #435: Dec 11, 2011 12:30:40 am
      Trying not to be contraversial,but our perfomances,are not top 4.Uncle Roy had us mid table,now Kenny,has us top 7.Time to asses our potential,and following the January oppotunity,decisions need to be made in June.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #436: Dec 11, 2011 12:37:34 am
      I thought Adam was in good form and gave him my motm,maxi and Suarez play well together also.

Quick Reply