Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 63351 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #345: Dec 16, 2011 08:17:12 pm
      Anyway I'm staying out of this thread, I feel uncomfortable watching grown men pine over their former love intrest. ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #346: Dec 16, 2011 08:25:09 pm
      Anyway I'm staying out of this thread, I feel uncomfortable watching grown men pine over their former love intrest. ;)

I said I would buy him, not F**k him. :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #347: Dec 16, 2011 08:26:30 pm
      I think I've already seen that before!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/873670/liverpool-determined-to-keep-hold-of-fernando-torres-?cc=3888

Kenny Dalglish has reiterated that FERNANDO TORRES IS NOT FOR SALE as speculation intensifies that the striker could be set to leave Liverpool for Chelsea in a £50 million deal.

:f_whistle: ;D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #348: Dec 16, 2011 08:27:09 pm

I quote from the above article in tonight's Echo: However when asked if he would like to add another striker to his squad he said "not particularly , no. It's not a Panini sticker book!!
      It doesn't matter what we say it won't stop the speculation, BUT WE'RE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT."

Alright dreamers.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #349: Dec 16, 2011 08:39:33 pm

I quote from the above article in tonight's Echo: However when asked if he would like to add another striker to his squad he said "not particularly , no. It's not a Panini sticker book!!
      It doesn't matter what we say it won't stop the speculation, BUT WE'RE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT."

Alright dreamers.

He always says he's happy with the squad, it's not of his character to say anything negative about the club and his players in public. Last season he also said he was happy with the squad, but then we sold and signed dozens of players. It proves nothing really.

I'm not even saying I find it likely that we'll sign Torres, I just think we have all followed football for long enough not to take any public announcements as final words on any transfers, we can find multiple examples
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #350: Dec 16, 2011 08:56:18 pm
      He always says he's happy with the squad, it's not of his character to say anything negative about the club and his players in public. Last season he also said he was happy with the squad, but then we sold and signed dozens of players. It proves nothing really.

I'm not even saying I find it likely that we'll sign Torres, I just think we have all followed football for long enough not to take any public announcements as final words on any transfers, we can find multiple examples
      I appreciate what you're saying mate but the fact that his club states unequivocally that he is not for sale together with Kenny refusing to contemplate any signings can only lead to one obvious conclusion.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #351: Dec 16, 2011 09:08:34 pm
      He may or may not end up being sold, but it won't be to us.

Now while Chelsea would not have an issue taking a loss on a player and selling, they are not going to sell him back to us. What that would amount to is a 30m 12-18 month loan. And just for good measure if he did come here and regained form the manager, owner and everyone else would be crucified by the media and the fans. So while I think it very possible they dump him next summer it is not going to be to LFC, there will be other teams willing to pay the same price without Chelsea taking the chance of getting bitten in the arse.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #352: Dec 16, 2011 10:06:40 pm
      He may or may not end up being sold, but it won't be to us.

Now while Chelsea would not have an issue taking a loss on a player and selling, they are not going to sell him back to us. What that would amount to is a 30m 12-18 month loan. And just for good measure if he did come here and regained form the manager, owner and everyone else would be crucified by the media and the fans. So while I think it very possible they dump him next summer it is not going to be to LFC, there will be other teams willing to pay the same price without Chelsea taking the chance of getting bitten in the arse.

Its not just about Chelsea wanting to sell him though mate, Torres has to be willing to go to whichever club makes an offer.

I don't think there would be too many clubs that could afford Torres wages and that Torres would be willing to go to. Man city probably wouldn't want him, Man Utd would probably like him but I don't think he would go there. Italian clubs probably couldn't afford him (wages), Barca wouldn't want him and he wouldn't go to R. Madrid.

Just leaves Arsenal, Spurs and ourselves. Arsenal wouldn't pay his wages, Spurs couldn't pay his wages...... which just leaves us? 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #353: Dec 16, 2011 10:13:35 pm

Malaga in Spain, they have the financial clout to make it happen and they were interested in him, if he goes anywhere I would Imagine he'd go there and try to rebuild his career in Spain.

This thread is becoming my guilty pleasure ffs.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #354: Dec 16, 2011 10:32:55 pm
      I appreciate what you're saying mate but the fact that his club states unequivocally that he is not for sale together with Kenny refusing to contemplate any signings can only lead to one obvious conclusion.

Exactly. We are obviously negotiating with Chelsea about Torres' transfer back to LFC.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #355: Dec 16, 2011 10:36:36 pm
      Exactly. We are obviously negotiating with Chelsea about Torres' transfer back to LFC.

Obviously ???

You draw some funny old conclusions, don't set yourself up for a fall, I don't think I could handle you having an emotional breakdown when he doesn't sign for us in January.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #356: Dec 16, 2011 10:45:48 pm

As stated you do seem to have an issue with the printed version of the language.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #357: Dec 16, 2011 10:54:25 pm

Yes, obviously. Since you are good with Google, check the statements coming out from LFC and Chelsea for most of January 2011. From our side, Torres was not for sale, and from the other side, they were not planning to sign another striker in January.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #358: Dec 16, 2011 11:01:43 pm
      Think you are putting two and two together and coming up with 5 fella, mind you if he does sign i'll give you a big pat on the back and a gold star.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #359: Dec 16, 2011 11:05:01 pm
      I never once mentioned Dalglish, nor gave any opinion on whether we (LFC) will want to re-sign Torres.  All I stated is that it would be foolish to condemn Torres as a spent force for one poor season when he has shown for the previous 5 seasons that he is among the best strikers in the world.  As mentioned in a previous post, Mario Gomez had a very poor first 12 months at Bayern Munich, but he has been in sensational form ever since.  Form is temporary, class is permanent.  Torres's class will shine through eventually.  I would personally love for it to be with LFC, but if it is not, then I would prefer it to be for a foreign team so that we do not have to be on the wrong end of his goal scoring ability.....
      Not having a go mate but the very fact there have been no positive indications from Kenny whatsoever about signing the lad make all the presumptions and comparisons futile, you believe Torres will improve from all the signs somebody at LFC thinks differently. 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #360: Dec 16, 2011 11:17:56 pm
      Agreed that Malaga makes the most sense if money is a big factor. Surely he's an upgrade over Van Nistelrooy.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #361: Dec 16, 2011 11:27:45 pm
      F**kin no way,he turned his back on the club,his mates, Kenny, and we fans,
      stating he was going to a better club, well f**k him,he has made his bed and all that, f**k second chances, if his heart was'nt in it when he decided to f**k off, do you really think it's going to be here if he returned,
       and here's another question, is the Torres who first signed the same Torres now?, i say deffo no, his head is fu**ed, has lost a yard of pace, and if he cant score in the prem with chavs,what makes you think he will suddenly start scoring with us, bollocks to him, he can f***in fester at the plastic plaza for all i care,
                                '' Can you hear the drums Fernando''
        You will walk alone.

Fernando Torres' 81 Liverpool Goals 2007/2011 | QuickfireGoals Episode #7
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #362: Dec 16, 2011 11:38:27 pm
      F**k TORRES absolute g*bs***e sulked liked a bi*ch because the grass was greener...but it wasnt was it hope he ends up back at athletico madrid...no better than tevez!!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #363: Dec 17, 2011 12:17:46 am
      He's lost his speed, lost his touch, lost his finishing and lost his strength and power.

He's nothing. No point clinging on to memories

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #364: Dec 17, 2011 12:42:49 am
      Google?

Don't spoof me man.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #365: Dec 17, 2011 01:57:38 am
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #366: Dec 17, 2011 02:02:03 am
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #367: Dec 17, 2011 08:41:12 am

A brilliant man-manager like Kenny can reinstate Torres' confidence. I have no doubt that we will see Torres from that compilation under Kenny. Add Suarez to the mix, and we are talking about a title challenge here.

Quick Reply