Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your THREE LFC Moments of the Year 2011?

Kenny Dalglish returns as manager - 8th Jan
      (38.3%)
      Transfer Deadline Day - 31st Jan
      (5.7%)
      Meireles ruins Torres Chelsea debut - 6th Feb
      (4%)
      Suarez destroys United - Kuyt hat-trick - 6th Mar
      (25.1%)
      Piss Off Wenger - Kuyt's 100th Minute Penalty - 17th Apr
      (5.7%)
      Fulham 2-5 Liverpool - 9th May
      (0%)
      Summer Transfer Clearout/New faces - Summer
      (8.6%)
      First win at Emirates - 20th Aug
      (0%)
      9 Days - 2 Wins at Stamford Bridge - Nov
      (9.1%)
      Improving away form - 14 away wins since Kenny returned
      (3.4%)

LFC Moment Of The Year - The Top 10 - 2011

Read 3668 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      LFC Moment Of The Year - The Top 10 - 2011
      Dec 19, 2011 10:08:27 am
      If Someone could post a poll - that would be fab.

I have a feeling I know what will win. (I have selected these myself - if anyone thinks of any better - please post)

The nominees are:

The King's Return - 8th Jan 2011 - Enough Said Really.

The January Transfer Window Deadline Day - 31st Jan 2011 - The Most exciting it has been in years and years!!

Meireles ruins Torres' Day - 6th Feb 2011 - Torres was hoping for all the headlines, but it was the King who was celebrating!

Suarez Destroys United - Kuyt bags all 3 - 6th March 2011 - Suarez puts on the best display individually seen all year, and Dirk bangs his first LFC hat-trick.

Piss Off Wenger - Kuyt's 100th Minute Penalty - 17th April 2011 - We went 1-0 down in Injury time, then we still get the draw.

Fulham 2-5 Liverpool - 9th May 2011 - Just the perfect away performance, we looked unplayable that day.

Our Summer Business - June, July, August 2011 - Doni, Enrique, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Adam and Bellamy all signed for LFC.

First Ever Win At The Emirates - 20th August 2011 - It was hard work, but eventually ran out 2-0 winners.

9 Days - 2 Wins at Stamford Bridge - 20th & 29th November 2011 - Maxi scored on both, 2 fantastic results.

Overall - Improvement in our Away form - We have been superb on the road since the King returned. All Competitions - 14 wins, 9 Losses, 3 Draws. A Massive Improvement on recent years.

As mentioned, if anything else deserves a mention, please post suggestions.

As I have said, I think I know what people will pick, but its nice to reflect on the year.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: LFC Moment Of The Year - The Top 10 - 2011
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2011 10:10:57 am
      Has to be the King's return. It will be a long process but the club is getting back the ethics and ethos of old.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2011 10:11:47 am
      One of the highlights for me personally was Agger smashing Torres. Will never forget the smile I had on my face when Fernando went down like a bag of sh*t. On ya Dagger!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2011 10:29:03 am
      Good thread but maybe you should of done a Top 5 mate. As you said everybody will quite rightly be going for Kenny's return.

My top 5 from what you have selected:

1) The King's Return - 8th Jan 2011
      2) The January Transfer Window Deadline Day - 31st Jan 2011
      3) Suarez Destroys United - Kuyt bags all 3 - 6th March 2011
      4) Piss Off Wenger - Kuyt's 100th Minute Penalty
      5) Meireles ruins Torres' Day - 6th Feb 2011

Suarez's first goal for us at Anfield against Stoke straight after the transfer deadline put a massive smile on my face after being gutted by the Torres to Chelsea saga.

Also Big Andy's brace in April against City was also very memorable for the same reasons.

Overall for me is the team harmony created by Kenny and Suarez's performances.

Biggest disapointment would have to be being robbed of nearly a year of Stevie G and probably the shock of Nando's transfer request and the following weekend.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #4: Dec 19, 2011 10:36:14 am
      Good work kb2x  :gt-happyup:

Choosing one is really tough, tho, but still I think for me it has to be the King's return.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #5: Dec 19, 2011 10:39:43 am
      The King's return was one of my greatest ever moments as a Liverpool fan. I remember waking up and my mam telling me that Hodgson's gone and Kenny had taken over, I didn't believe her at first because she'd said the same a couple of days before that and misheard the news, so I logged on and sure enough, Facebook was buzzing with excitement. Epic moment. So I'll go for that.

Looking back, 2011 has been a very exciting year for Liverpool Football Club.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2011 11:42:01 am
      On the pitch I've loved the way this year we've regularly beaten most of the big teams, so I would put in the 2 away wins at the Bridge, and the performance against City in between.

Off the pitch can only be one answer - the return of the King. I'm loving having him here as the front man of the club, wasn't around for his first stint so this one is brilliant. Hopefully bigger and better things to come too :)

Overall, Kenny wins again :)
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 19, 2011 12:30:50 pm
      1) KK's return
      2) Jan Transfer Window
      3) Mereiles ruins Torres' Day
      4) Suarez destroys United
      5) 9 Days two SB wins
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2011 01:37:23 pm
      Kenny's return has to be the biggest moment of the year, it was like the ship had been restored with our new owners coming in but was still rudderless and thus could only go in one direction under Roy Hodgson and to be honest the ship never looked like changing its course.

The signing of Suarez has to be another massive moment for me, we lost our star striker and all of us were left fuming by Torres decision, but against Stoke he came onto the pitch and scored on his debut and showed us all that we had a special player on our hands and that gave us all hope for the future.

Kenny and Clarke signing permanent deals also has to go down as a massive moment, for me it showed that the owners had the clubs best intrests at heart, they knew the fans and the club had been through the mill under H&G and there were divisions in the playing staff and the fan base and they identified Kenny as the man to unite us all even though that when they first placed Kenny in temporary charge they were casting their net far and wide for Roy's permanent successor.

Investment over the January window and the Summer Window the Owners once again demonstrated they had the clubs best intrests at heart, they backed Kenny in the market and allowed Kenny to spend what he felt he needed to over haul the squad in pursuit of returning us to where need be.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2011 02:04:38 pm
      Obviously Kenny's return, as it signaled a first step toward recovery post H+G, but the recent two wins at Stamford Bridge in 9 days was, for me, sort of an indication of how our continued return to the top is going. We outclassed Chelsea over 180 minutes in their own backyard, and that made me very happy.

Suarez taking Utd to the cleaners was particularly brilliant as well. It showed everyone else for the first time just how good the 'wee man' is :D

So if I have to put these in order, I suppose I'll go for:

1. Kenny's return. The first step!
      2. Two wins at SB in 9 days. Proving we're back up there...
      3. Suarez taking Utd apart, Kuyt bagging his hattrick. Great day!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #10: Dec 19, 2011 02:25:08 pm
      Good topic.  Poll added. 

People can vote for THREE options.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #11: Dec 19, 2011 02:28:06 pm
      None of it would have been possible without the first option!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #12: Dec 19, 2011 02:42:50 pm
      I abstained from mentioning my moments, so here goes.

Kenny's return was and has been just magical... If ever there was a match made in heaven, its LFC and Kenny. He just gets the club, appreciates and makes the fans feel like what we are - part of the club, and is without a doubt the biggest legend this club has ever produced.

Transfer Deadline day - for the first time in YEARS, it was actually exciting from a LFC point of view, Yes Torres left, but we were shown that the owners mean business, and are "here to win" If Hicks and Gillett were still here, Torres would have just been sold. And the summer was just as good in my opinion.

9 Days with 2 Wins at SB - Just 2 great displays. Kenny remains unbeaten against them, and the 2 best away performances of the season so far - and shows how much we have improved under Kenny.

Hopefully in this thread for 2012 we shall see these as the top 3:

Winning the Carling Cup - Our first trip to the New Wembley

Getting Back In The Champions League (I believe we can win the league, but we will certainly finish in the top 4)

Being top of the League at Christmas (would be a grand old Christmas present eh?)
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #13: Dec 19, 2011 03:09:06 pm
      How can anyone vote for anything other than Kenny's return?!?  ??? ??? ???
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Dec 19, 2011 03:10:58 pm
      It has to be Kenny's return.

Without that, all the others won't be possible.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #15: Dec 19, 2011 03:13:19 pm
      It has to be Kenny's return.

Without that, all the others won't be possible.

Well put.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Dec 19, 2011 03:17:46 pm
      Kenny telling Wenger to piss off was one of those moments you just burst in to laughter at such a tense finish to the game.

The clear out of the squad was amazing considering how much crap we had and how we replaced it.

And it all couldn't of been done without the King returning in January.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2011 03:28:43 pm
      Kenny telling Wenger to piss off was one of those moments you just burst in to laughter at such a tense finish to the game.

I saw the re-run of that last night - He said

" It was a penalty, Oh Piss Off, It Was A Penalty - and then my favourite bit - "F**k off" and you could hear it all quite clearly!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2011 03:33:08 pm
      Obviously Kenny coming back was top of the list.

Although that Arsenal game really stood out for me (the first one). We fought so hard against a team still going for the title and rather than just accept defeat after conceding so late we go straight up the other end and level. Just summed up the fight and determination Kenny had brought back to the squad in just a few months.

Suarez's sublime performance against United probably rounds off the top three for me. Just amazing.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #19: Dec 19, 2011 03:42:06 pm
      Obviously Kenny coming back was top of the list.

Although that Arsenal game really stood out for me (the first one). We fought so hard against a team still going for the title and rather than just accept defeat after conceding so late we go straight up the other end and level. Just summed up the fight and determination Kenny had brought back to the squad in just a few months.

Suarez's sublime performance against United probably rounds off the top three for me. Just amazing.

Yep, the passion and fight shown at Arsenal last season was immense - and it gave us the belief and confidence to go there and win this season.

It was also a great win for the fact we had raw teenagers in the full-back positions.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Dec 19, 2011 03:49:08 pm
      Ad has beaten me to it.
      Nothing else happens without first The King's return.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #21: Dec 19, 2011 03:56:01 pm
      Great Thread KB2x But for me it was trashing the mancs,was at the game and was the best day I have had in years.

Hard to choose was going to go with the return of Kenny.But that day out was just amazing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #22: Dec 19, 2011 04:21:04 pm
      I'm personally expecting some real magic from the lads in the next few games, so this thread may change drastically before the end of the year!!!  :)

Quick Reply