Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Enrique
      (14.8%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (2.5%)
      Henderson
      (0%)
      Adam
      (1.6%)
      Downing
      (15.6%)
      Maxi
      (23%)
      Carroll
      (3.3%)
      Suarez
      (6.6%)
      Gerrard
      (14.8%)
      Bellamy
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing

Read 43624 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing
      Reply #598: Dec 26, 2011 05:19:00 pm
      The frustrating thing about Henderson is you can see some things in his game where he "could" be very good but he also appears to have that stupid rabbit in headlights glare accross his face the entire time that I just don't think he understands things, could be 6-0 up or 6-0 down and he'd still play his little safe passes and amble around the pitch, zero urgency and absolutely no development so far and rightly receiving some criticism. Would love to see Jay get his place and Gerrard take Adam's, I don't think Jay will be a long term answer but you know for a fact you'll ge a bloody good game out of him and Stevie looked sharp today, Hendo should be dropped for Shelvey to the bench for me, sorry but I see more in his game at the moment and he's young and actually looks keen and brimming with the confidence of his loan spell.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #599: Dec 26, 2011 05:19:40 pm
      We remain 3 points off 4th. Probably 4 points come tomorrow. Let's be as positive as we can here.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #600: Dec 26, 2011 05:20:30 pm
      The last time I remember a Liverpool team like this, was the McManaman\Fowler\Redknapp team who used to always be up for the big games, and then didn't fancy the smaller teams, which stopped us winning so many games. I see similarities in the possession stats, corners, chances but also the results. Kenny will get this right I am sure, to me I would rather lose a few big matches and beat everyone else consisently like the scum do....
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #601: Dec 26, 2011 05:20:51 pm
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #602: Dec 26, 2011 05:21:02 pm
      You are just putting too much faith in him, or have you been watching him play lately? This is no knee jerk, were you watching the Blackburn game? Blind faith?

That's a dodgy phrase a certain mr kanwar had to remove from his site.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #603: Dec 26, 2011 05:21:14 pm
      Disappointed. Frustrated.And i have to keep pointing at our midfielders no creativity again today..Suarez looked lost at times running for ball that were never coming.

I hope our priority will be a winger in the jan Window,Stevie played well when he came on Hopefully he can kick us into gear.

Another day in the Anfield office and the opposite Keeper pulls off saves that u would not see in any other Stadium/ 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #604: Dec 26, 2011 05:21:32 pm
      We can make up all the excuses we want that was simply not good enough.  There was some difference between Adam and Gerrard. Serious investment is still needed

Hopefully it won't be too late. Winning only 8 out of 18 league games is a pathetic stat for Liverpool FC. That's less than half.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #605: Dec 26, 2011 05:21:36 pm
      When is the last time we had one of those big 5 goals in a single game like we used to sometimes?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #606: Dec 26, 2011 05:21:59 pm
      I just don't think Adam, Downing, Henderson and Carroll are good enough atm. They're just average mid to lower prem standard for the time being.

We need to invest when window opens.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #607: Dec 26, 2011 05:22:31 pm
      I don't know how people are comparing KD with Woy, keeping aside the fact that that is completely irrelevant here.

People are perhaps forgetting that that the squandered chances that we are currently moaning here have come under KD itself. We didn't even have half as many chances under Woy.

That said, I don't buy this point that we are a "developing unit" as someone mentioned in their post. That is just an unacceptable excuse. We should be banging those goals in, converting our chances irrespective of anything. KD should be having a stern word with the attackers. It's costing us a lot of points.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #608: Dec 26, 2011 05:22:43 pm
      Carroll was woeful and missed an absolute sitter at the end. Can't believe some people are
      Saying he played well
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #609: Dec 26, 2011 05:23:12 pm
      When is the last time we had one of those big 5 goals in a single game like we used to sometimes?

When was the last time we scored more than 3!!

Oh, and on a side note, I was impressed with Downing today. Did what he was brought to do - get past defenders and put crosses in.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Blackburn 3pm kick off
      Reply #610: Dec 26, 2011 05:23:32 pm
      This is seriously giving me the shits! We bring it on ourselves by being profligate with chances.

The whole vibe the players are giving off is unsurety. We do not look sharp enough or desperate enough in the box to grab the goals.

Our whole buildup is extremely predictable and formulaic. As soon as the ball is given out wide, especially on the left, most of our players slow down and seem to wait to see what the player in possession is going to do. It's very hit and miss and so easy to read and negate. We play into the opposition's hands , as there is not enough varied forms of attack happening. It is very reactive. Nothing terribly instinctive.
      It looks very sterile, and a quality defence will eat it up, let alone a poor Blackburn defence!

Something is very wrong, as confidence seems lacking, and we look defeatist when things don't go our way or shots continue to be saved. We can't shoot for sh*t! We just don't look deadly in the box.

This world class keeper thing that everyone keeps writing about, I don't fully agree with as we should be burying these keepers earlier and not just rely on last minute winners. The script was so easy to read as most home games continue to pan out very formulaically, similar.

This match was one of the most frustrating to watch, as the uneasy feeling I had went on the whole 90 minutes.

Something needs to be done in January to add some fresh impetus or some new fresh blood as playing like this, we simply must accept that it won't get us 4th spot.

Most of the time outside the box, the wingers choose the wrong option, choosing to shoot at the worst times and either ballooning it high and wide, or hitting soft side-footers. We just don't look dangerous enough to scare the beejesus out of defences with continued onslaught of pressure. For all the good work that Enrique did, some of his final balls were atrocious, and gave it away, far too often with complacent passes.
      He overdoes it sometimes, and I think he should not be dribbling and attacking the entire 90 minutes as it becomes far too obvious to negate.

Kenny must do something to shake the side up somehow, as we look sterile, and can be outplayed by half decent teams on occasion.

Where on earth are our players lately on free-kicks and corners, when the ball is headed out. I've noticed that we hardly have anyone mopping up on the crumbs lately. Teams are just running it out easily.

Thank heavens Stevie is back, as it's a start, but I still think it's not enough. Let's just hope and pray that he has an extended injury-free run til the end of the season.

On a plus note, Skrtel was a beast again today, and he is looking as solid as his early Red days. So pleased with him.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2011 05:35:43 pm by RedStorm »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #611: Dec 26, 2011 05:24:59 pm

Birmingham and Fulham last year mate, 5-0 and 5-2.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #612: Dec 26, 2011 05:29:09 pm
      Carroll was woeful and missed an absolute sitter at the end. Can't believe some people are
      Saying he played well

Worse player on the pitch for me, Adam and Henderson slightly behind too.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #613: Dec 26, 2011 05:29:31 pm
      I'm going to throw some positivity on this fire.

We have outplayed practically every team we have faced. That's a fact.

So stop with the mediocre, pathetic, crap.

We dominate every game.

Our problem is finishing, and it has been for a long time. Carroll and Suarez are out of goal form but we are still dominating teams.

Stevie brought energy. Downing was attacking and working and aching to create. Skrtel was stout. Carroll woke up in the 2nd and was unlucky to not score.

We have good players, we just haven't gotten things to gel.

I admit, I've gotten mad at Adam and Hendo for their performances of late, but they are being put in an unnatural position. Missing Lucas has really hurt us, those two players in particular. I suspect that when we get Spearing back you'll see Adam's performances improve because the pressure to sit back and defend will be lessened.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #614: Dec 26, 2011 05:30:54 pm

We dominate every game.

Our problem is finishing, and it has been for a long time. Carroll and Suarez are out of goal form but we are still dominating teams.

Stevie brought energy. Downing was attacking and working and aching to create. Skrtel was stout. Carroll woke up in the 2nd and was unlucky to not score.

I admit, I've gotten mad at Adam and Hendo for their performances of late, but they are being put in an unnatural position. Missing Lucas has really hurt us, those two players in particular. I suspect that when we get Spearing back you'll see Adam's performances improve because the pressure to sit back and defend will be lessened.

Spot on that mate and I agree with every word, even the parts about Hendo and Adam.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #615: Dec 26, 2011 05:33:53 pm
      F***ing arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the F**k is Mark Bunn and why the F**k do cu*ts like him pull saves out their arse when they play us and go back to being F***ing sh*t the next week. F**k!

If I was a keeper coming to Anfield these days, I would be licking my lips as surely most keepers are noticing what's happening at Anfield in previous weeks. They'll know they'll be peppered with and abundance of shots, a lot of them saveable to be honest. They will know that they can steal the limelight and headlines, putting in a great performance on a big stage like ours.

Honestly, if I was an opposition keeper, the prospect would excite me, even inspire.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #616: Dec 26, 2011 05:34:12 pm
      Gerrard = Extremely promising
      Reina, Enrique, Downing, Suarez, Maxi = Good
      Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Bellamy = Okay
      Carroll, Henderson, Adam = Utterly useless
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #617: Dec 26, 2011 05:35:58 pm

Really? Henderson is being played in an unnatural position? Exactly where is he meant to play if not central midfield?
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #618: Dec 26, 2011 05:37:01 pm
      Gerrard = Extremely promising
      Reina, Enrique, Downing, Suarez, Maxi = Good
      Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Bellamy = Okay
      Carroll, Henderson, Adam = Utterly useless

Agree. Although i think Downing on the basis of this game should be above , Reina and co and below Gerrard.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #619: Dec 26, 2011 05:38:55 pm

We dominate every game.

Very well said I agree with you,We miss Lucas,Charlie had a disaster the last 2 games with the missed pen and the own goal,But i think we will come back strong in the new year With Stevie fit and hopefully a striker and a winger in we can get into the top 4.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #620: Dec 26, 2011 05:39:51 pm
      Agree. Although i think Downing on the basis of this game should be above , Reina and co and below Gerrard.

Fair enough mate! To be honest i thought Downing did quite well but I'm more concerned about the performances of Carroll Hendo and Adam!

Quick Reply