Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Kaka (Real Madrid)

Read 20295 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Kaka (Real Madrid)
      Dec 28, 2011 06:53:09 pm

Real Madrid Looks to Offload Kaka For £22 Million, Premier League Giants Take Notice

by Marcus Kwesi O'Mard
      on Wed, Dec 28, 2011

Kaka, the 2007 FIFA World player of the year, can be had for £22 million. The Daily Mail reports the Brazilian midfielder has fallen down the pecking order at Real Madrid, and the club is looking part ways with the highly paid star.

"Kaka has always interested other clubs and Mourinho has decided that he has far better options in midfield so the best thing to do is to move him on," a club source told the Daily Mail.

"There has been no concrete offer but it is now known that the club would accept an offer in the region of £22 million."

Kaka has failed to live up to the expectations Madrid fans had of him after he joined the Spanish giants in 2009 for a then-record £55 million. The 29-year-old is in the third of a six-year contract he signed with Madrid. He is still working his way toward his peak form after overcoming various injuries that have slowed him for the better part of 18 months.

Manager Jose Mourinho reportedly prefers Ozil in the attacking midfield role, but Kaka has played regularly this season for the La Liga pace-setters. It's hard to imagine him leaving in January, as Madrid is looking to win the league, Spanish Cup and UEFA Champions League in 2012.

The Brazilian has been linked with French club Paris Saint-Germain and his former team AC Milan.

Arsenal attempted to bring him to North London on loan during the summer transfer window. Chelsea is a longtime admirer, Manchester United could use help in that area and even Liverpool would likely find a way to fit the World Cup winner into its team.

He was in talks to join Manchester City in January 2009, but chose to stay with Milan for the rest of the 2008-09 season before joining Madrid.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/report-real-madrid-looks-to-offload-kaka-for-22-million-premier-league-clubs-take-notice.html

Personally, I would take him on loan, with an option to buy in the summer.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Re: Kaka (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Dec 28, 2011 07:35:28 pm
      22mil? i would take him in a heartbeat. he is the missing link in our squad. i have a gut feeling that spurs are gonna go after him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Dec 28, 2011 07:48:46 pm
      I like the loan idea
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Dec 28, 2011 08:03:02 pm
      He's one who certainly understands Liverpool's standing as a big football club, having played us twice in Champions League finals.

I don't think he has the pace he used to, which is what made him the best player in the world (arguably) at the time, but he's still a fabulous player with a lot to offer. I'd take a loan to buy all day.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #4: Dec 28, 2011 08:52:03 pm
      Heard a couple of people saying if he is not good enough for La-liga,there is no hope of him being good in the premier league,thinking it would be to physical for him,

On the other hand he was one of the best midfielders in the world,22million on a 29 year old cant see it happening,Could we get Ozil for that price please.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #5: Dec 28, 2011 09:24:00 pm
      A loan deal would be ideal, watched him play a few times this season and still has the touch and pace.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Dec 28, 2011 09:50:23 pm
      Loan would be a cracking idea, not sure there's much value in £22m for a 29 y/o, was one of the world's best but injuries have definitely taken it's toll from what I've heard. Haven't personally seen much of him in a Real Madrid shirt and Ozil would keep almost anyone out of the side so I'm not gonna guess at how good he is now but all the same I don't see this happening.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Dec 28, 2011 10:59:31 pm
      Too much of a gamble for me. 29 years old, serious injuries, adapting to a new league and possibly competing for the same position as Gerrard. Would be a great loan, bad buy for me.   
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Dec 28, 2011 11:12:50 pm
      Wouldnt Kaka be fighting out with Suarez and Stevie for his best position?

Sorry Saint just seen your post after I posted.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #9: Dec 28, 2011 11:39:44 pm
      He doesn"t fit the bill, too old .
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: Dec 28, 2011 11:40:27 pm
      A few years back, he was my favourite player. Despite the injuries and drop of reputation he can still do a great job. Very unlikely to get him on loan though. I would say £15m, due to injury history, is just about right.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Dec 28, 2011 11:41:38 pm
      Loan sounds ideal to me but I imagine there will be someone who puts in an offer an he'll end up there... PSG most likely
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: Dec 28, 2011 11:43:07 pm
      He doesn"t fit the bill, too old .

Kaka is 6 years younger.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13: Dec 28, 2011 11:45:04 pm
      Loan? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

£22m buy? He's had a tough couple of years, but I certainly think it would be worth the punt! He may not be as fast but he's still got an eye for the killer pass. I mean just look at the bloody ball he served Crespo on a plate against us in Istanbul!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #14: Dec 28, 2011 11:47:03 pm

[/quote]

Maybe so, but would you see our current owners buy someone like Gary Mac? Probably not.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #15: Dec 28, 2011 11:48:40 pm
      Maybe so, but would you see our current owners buy someone like Gary Mac? Probably not.

Why not ? They've got Bellamy and Doni at 32.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #16: Dec 28, 2011 11:52:01 pm

Touché my friend. Forgot about those youthful looking players. ;D Still can't see too much money spent on Mr Kaka though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #17: Dec 28, 2011 11:57:10 pm
      I'd take him in a heartbeat.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Dec 29, 2011 12:02:30 am
      For the right money,
      How epic would it be to have a midfield 3 of
      Kaka, Lucas, Gerrard?

Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 29, 2011 12:11:04 am
      That's true, but Bellamy was on a free, on form and without injury problems and Doni is a reserve GK. Paying 22 million for Kaka is nuts, you have 2 squad-improving players for that amount
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Dec 29, 2011 12:16:27 am
      He'd sell shirts that's for sure, but would he sell enough to justify shelling out that much given his age, his talent is obviously beyond doubt, even though he's not the player he was, he's still a gifted footballer.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #21: Dec 29, 2011 12:25:16 am
      That's true, but Bellamy was on a free, on form and without injury problems and Doni is a reserve GK. Paying 22 million for Kaka is nuts, you have 2 squad-improving players for that amount

Really, even though he has consistent trouble with his knees!

I think Kaka could easily improve our squad and plus he can score goals too.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Dec 29, 2011 12:25:54 am

Why would we need Kaka when we have Adam...... younger too. 

:)

Quick Reply