Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Joe Allen (Swansea City)

Read 75238 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Joe Allen (Swansea City)
      Dec 29, 2011 01:42:41 pm
      Liverpool keen on Swansea youngster

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has his eye on young Swansea City midfielder Joe Allen and after a lengthy scouting assessment the Anfield manager is said to be considering making a move for the Welsh international.

The pint sized 21 year old has been in fine form this term and has managed to adapt well to life in the top tier and shown maturity beyond his years as he helps pulls the strings in the Swansea City midfield.

The Carmarthen born youngster has become a pivotal member of Brendan Rogers' side and he would be loathed to lose such a talented asset but may fear that Allen may be tempted by the thought of a high-profile move to Anfield.

Though Liverpool brought in a number of central midfield options in the summer, including Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson, Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli are plotting moves with the long term future of the club in mind and have been scouting youthful talents they feel have the potential to become part of a new generation of talent at the club.

Allen has already racked up over 100 appearances for the Swans and as well as being a part of the side that secured promotion from League One to the Championship the intelligent midfielder was a crucial member of the side that triumphed in the play-offs to make the leap into the Premier League.

Dalglish has scouted Joe Allen and believes the Welshman could be a very useful addition to his Liverpool squad, and even though the Swansea City man is tied to a long term contract the Scot will look to make an offer for the central midfielder either in January or more likely next summer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-keen-on-swansea-youngster

His dad and other members of his family are guest of honours at our match tomorrow.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Joe Allen (Swansea City)
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2011 01:44:24 pm
      His dad and other members of his family are guest of honours at our match tomorrow.

Looks like a January bid could be on the cards then.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2011 02:30:50 pm
      Good little player from what I've seen of him this year in the Prem and before with Swansea. Not sure why we need a CM like Allen though, he's not particularly defensive from what I can tell and prefers to be a playmaker type. Surely we already have Shelvey as our youngster in waiting in that position?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2011 03:06:20 pm
      Not sure why we need a CM like Allen though, he's not particularly defensive from what I can tell and prefers to be a playmaker type. Surely we already have Shelvey as our youngster in waiting in that position?
      This.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2011 04:06:42 pm
      What are we going to do with all these young lads...only so many positions on the field.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2011 09:52:57 pm
      That's where the profit comes in, we develop them and sell them on for a profit
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2011 10:00:17 pm
      Haha I'm related to this lad in some bizzar way, but i also seem to be related to most people in Carmarthenshire.

Can't really see him becoming a star hear maybe become a 'Danny Murphy' type player. very good squad play useful off the bench but never going to
      set the world alight.

PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2011 09:47:52 am
      Interesting that Donnelly looks to be moving to Swansea. Maybe we've stood aside and said you can have him if we can get Allen
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2011 01:19:14 pm
      That's where the profit comes in, we develop them and sell them on for a profit

Sounds like a mid-table club, not what we should be about imo.

If we bought him and  he came good, why sell?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2011 02:01:47 pm
      Would be a strange signing
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2011 03:36:01 pm
      Depends to what degree they came good Huyton, I'm not suggesting we become a selling club of our best assets I'm saying that if we buy the up and coming youth and then cherry pick the ones we want to keep there is still the potential to sell on for a nice profit the ones that are just below the grade we're looking for. I believe this is something we're doing as our academy is now brimming with talent and things are looking great for the future, no harm in making a nice return on a few of them as well who wont ever make a first team player here which will be a large percentage of them.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2011 04:13:14 pm
      Know nothing about him. Never even heard of him, to be honest. Kind of came out of the blue this.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2011 06:53:53 pm
      Got a chance to watch the Tottenham-Swansea game today. He was outstanding. Very, very good passer, with good weight on them.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 01, 2012 12:12:30 am
      Joe Allen. Swansea. 2011

We're pretty loaded in Central Midfield so I'm not sure this will shake out, but I have to admit Joe Allen is quite the player.  Very good vision and anticipation and gets in on more tackles than given credit for.  The breakneck pace he plays at sure makes watching Swansea fun.  Might be a good addition at the right price but I don't see the Swans being eager to offload.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2012 10:52:11 pm
      good little tenacious player with good feet, his he worth a 15m punt or have we got enough youngsters under our wing. Me personally would take him in and offload shelvey. never been a shelvey fan as much as i try i just dont see it.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2012 11:15:23 pm
      never been a shelvey fan as much as i try i just dont see it.
      Care to elaborate?
      On Allen, he looks good from that youtube video, very straightforward in his play, looks agile and fearless too.
      Worth a punt I guess, everything is better than Kuyt (nightmare of a season, horrible technique) or Maxi (good positioning, but that's about it - he doesn't really bring much to our game except the interplay with Suárez, he regularly fades away from games) on the wing
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2012 07:14:31 pm
      Absolutely brilliant today, would be very happy to see him come in. Is there any update Huyton?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2012 08:12:41 pm
      Absolutely brilliant today, would be very happy to see him come in. Is there any update Huyton?
      Being a Swansea born lad, and currently living there, I'd be chuffed to see him join us. He's a good un'. Run all day, covers every blade of grass, and can pass the ball for fun. Trouble is, as a club, the Swans are in a very healthy financial position. Debt free, and Rodgers won't let him go cheap. He doesn't have to.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2012 08:18:36 pm
      He can play you know.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #19: May 31, 2012 02:02:31 am
      Could this crop up again if Rodgers is confirmed?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #20: May 31, 2012 04:21:28 am

I hope it doesnt.

We allready have invested in the next up and coming British talent.

Time for proven quality players I hope.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #21: May 31, 2012 07:37:31 am

Yeah, one of my 1st thoughts was who might he look to bring with him from Swansea and Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair are the two that jump out as perhaps being up to the mark. I like the look of Allen reminds of Joe Cole (when he still had his legs) and Steed Malbranque. Put it this way, i'd swap the lad for Henderson in a second.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: May 31, 2012 07:50:55 am
      I'm with Dado here.

Don't really want him here with Hendo and Shelvey still here. Big faith in these two. However if he replaces Adam then why not :)

Quick Reply